08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 8081828384 ...
tools
    Do what you gotta do DK, it has been an honor to work with you and I will be looking forward to your return so we can continue this success. I am sorry you are so frustrated, but I believe we all are. Take it easy man.

nothingblooms
    sosovoo likes this.
    08-06-2012 08:57 AM
    Do what you gotta do DK, it has been an honor to work with you and I will be looking forward to your return so we can continue this success. I am sorry you are so frustrated, but I believe we all are. Take it easy man.

nothingblooms
    It doesn't have to end like this. I've been following this thread and the progress you guys are making it still haven't flash or try this rom since there's LoS and battery issue but many times I come thru to read what's going on I see it be full of noobs asking the same question and posting the same post over and over and over again and it saddens me really

DK you should closed this thread but keep working on it with your testers only and just release it when it's ready.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-2012 09:03 AM
    It doesn't have to end like this. I've been following this thread and the progress you guys are making it still haven't flash or try this rom since there's LoS and battery issue but many times I come thru to read what's going on I see it be full of noobs asking the same question and posting the same post over and over and over again and it saddens me really

DK you should closed this thread but keep working on it with your testers only and just release it when it's ready.

It is a good idea, however, it is totally up to dk being a dad and everything I know it is important to spend time with your child. I for one have not been doing so since I started this, I will more then be willing to keep being one of your testers you can PM me and the others you deem worthy links to new test builds and kernels. Keep in mind being a dad always comes first and this is a distant 17th!
    yellowman82 likes this.
    08-06-2012 09:08 AM
    Just remember one thing, Gotham needs you. Don't let all the jokers win

Seriously though take all the time you need. You have no obligations here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    sosovoo and Downtown Taco like this.
    08-06-2012 09:13 AM
    What a freaking night. Ugh. My 20 day old refused to sleep all night.
    Congrats by the way!
    08-06-2012 09:15 AM
    It is a good idea, however, it is totally up to dk being a dad and everything I know it is important to spend time with your child. I for one have not been doing so since I started this, I will more then be willing to keep being one of your testers you can PM me and the others you deem worthy links to new test builds and kernels. Keep in mind being a dad always comes first and this is a distant 17th!
    Oh no doubt at all to that I have a 6yr old boy which I spend a lot of time with since I have custody families always first but other then being a flashaholic I do keep myself busy with other hobbies like basketball, working out at the gym and things like that so when I do check xda and ac is mostly to read what's going on with the roms I'm following some of these folks don't understand that everyone has a life including the devs and instead of coming here to make it easy for them they make it worst heck Idk how these devs put up with all the childish BS that goes on around here cuz I get really upset when I see some these useless post on this thread lol.

08-06-2012 09:25 AM
    Being a father myself I can only imagine all the time you take away from your life to give us this epic rom in the making.

You have my support either way this situation is handled. I look forward to future builds/testing. Till then I hang my hat. Feel free to pm me if you need more testing.

Thank you!

respectfully,
    - sosovoo

08-06-2012 09:28 AM
    Well back to work I go but take it easy DK hope everything goes well and GL with rom I'm sure you'll get it to where you want it to be :thumbup:

08-06-2012 09:28 AM
    Damn always a few that kills it for the rest of us but hey thanks for all the work you did at least we have jelly bean now something very few believed we would have anytime soon. You deserve a break go out and watch batman rise of the dark knight if you didn't see it....and if you did it wouldn't hurt to watch it again one of the best movies of 2012 lol

08-06-2012 09:29 AM
    Sure go head and install from an ICS Recovery. You will brick. Just make sure you have a stack of papers near by cause you will have a 500 buck paper weight.

I PUT THE DIRECTIONS IN MY OP FOR A REASON. IF YOU DONT LIKE MY REASON THEN DONT FLASH THIS ROM. IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE BY NOT FOLLOWING MY INSTRUCTIONS I WILL LAUGH AT YOU.
    He's a little kid purposely ing with you to **** people off.

08-06-2012 09:35 AM
    I've already reported his spam... yawn

08-06-2012 09:37 AM
    tell me what I'm doing wrong. . . still getting status 7 error. . .

Attachment 33701

these r all my files I use to flash. . .

I followed OP to the T. tried Odin el26 cwm5 and flashed chris41 kernel from twrp.
    08-06-2012 09:40 AM

Attachment 33701

I followed OP to the T. tried Odin el26 cwm5 and flashed chris41 kernel from twrp.
    Are you formatting system?
    08-06-2012 09:42 AM
    I can't thank dark knight enough for sharing his phenomenal skills, making tremendous strides in development and allowing us to choose to be a part of the process of helping to perfect a truly stable ROM that allows the E4GT to be used to it's full potential. His dedication to this project is admirable and even more commendable considering he's not just dealing with folks here but also a precious newborn. I cannot thank you enough for what you are doing for this device Dark Knight.

That being said, in all my years on AC I've never read a more hostile and downright rude thread on all sides. What happened to the supportive, helpful, learning from each other mindset that the AC community is known for??? It really disturbs me that not only are folks ignoring the most important post in any ROM thread (the OP) but also the disgusting manner that people in this thread seem to be attacking other posters-- totally unproductive and pointless.

Let's help each other, learn from each other and together help dark knight continue his phenomenal progress.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2
    sosovoo and izzibew26 like this.
    08-06-2012 09:48 AM
    Are you formatting system?
    did originally but not the 3 other times I've tried
    08-06-2012 09:48 AM
    I have been using this rom now since beta 3 (as a daily, actually, just dealing with any bugs, I love JB too much now!! )

I am currently on RC1*, and the only serious issue I'm experiencing is loss of 3g (only 3g, not voice), and the battery drain associated with data loss. If I run in airplane mode, my battery discharges at a rate of about 1%/30 minutes (amazing!!), but if I enable radios (not wifi or BT, just voice and data) my phone runs warm and my battery discharges at a rate of about 1%/2 minutes! I'm guessing this is because I constantly lose 3g connectivity, and a script attempts to reconnect every time, creating a cycle which burninates power faster than trogdor.

I'm posting this to verify that this rom is VERY stable, fast and power lean, EXCEPT with regards to the data radio (and possibly voice, but I haven't experienced issues with that as far as I can tell, at least not on RC1). Hopefully that narrows things down a bit, although you may already know all of this. If you'd like me to logcat anything so that you have more specific information, let me know.

*Build: CM10 RC1, FF18, flashed from EL26w/CWM5 after full data reset and cache/dalvik cache wipe.
    sosovoo likes this.
    08-06-2012 09:49 AM
    Not all of us coming from XDA are disrespectful and greedy :-) I've been following this thread since the beginning, and am constantly amazed by all the time and work DK has put in to this, as well as his testers. It's simply phenomenal! As a father of a 2yr old and a 1 week old, I encourage DK to take some time off and spend time with his loved ones. His child will never be a newborn again, and it is a time he should be cherishing, not dealing with people who can't go through the OP. So go, DK! Enjoy life and put all of this out of your mind! Please!

08-06-2012 10:02 AM
    Just remember one thing, Gotham needs you. Don't let all the jokers win

Seriously though take all the time you need. You have no obligations here.
    haha.. this post is awesome.

i'm sad to see that the lamers and jokers are potentially going to cause unrest in DK's fantastically fast release schedule for the CM10 work on our phones.

like DEF3NDER said... don't let the man get you down!

cheers
    08-06-2012 10:14 AM

Attachment 33701

Are you downloading from your phone? Use a download manager or a computer if so. Or a solid internet connection. I'd get a status 7 on bad downloads.
    agentcelsius likes this.
    08-06-2012 10:18 AM
    OK DK just a update I've been running RC1 since 6am this morning and wow its so much better the battery is still draining but as stated earlier turning off the radio makes the battery A TON better!! DK this is now my DD (along with my charging cable lol) having JB on my phone before my friends with the Evo LTE are SO JEALOUS!! I cant thank you enough DK, if there is anything I can do to further this ROM let me know

Running RC1 with new GApps no TB restore (stopped doing that) with baked in kernel

Lee7144 likes this.
    08-06-2012 10:18 AM
    OK DK just a update I've been running RC1 since 6am this morning and wow its so much better the battery is still draining but as stated earlier turning off the radio makes the battery A TON better!! DK this is now my DD (along with my charging cable lol) having JB on my phone before my friends with the Evo LTE are SO JEALOUS!! I cant thank you enough DK, if there is anything I can do to further this ROM let me know

Running RC1 with new GApps no TB restore (stopped doing that) with baked in kernel

Battery drain will be a bit intense until the kernel/rom settles in. Give it a couple full cycles, 2-3 days before you judge on it.

08-06-2012 10:41 AM
    I've consistently noticed that my wakelock issues stem from the radio failing and 3g data going to pieces and causing the lock. However with 3g data disabled, the radio can drop out all it wants and the system won't care. Meaning, if you disable 3g you have a much better chance at maintaining good battery life. Unfortunately this isn't of help to anyone but those that can live with wifi only.
    08-06-2012 10:48 AM
    Battery is going to be killer until los is 110% fixed. Im still trying to find the smoking gun. WiFi Supplicant should be fixed now. Just trying to get the omx folder fixed now.
    08-06-2012 11:06 AM
    Rc1 is amazing. No Los and no major battery drain. Deep sleep working as well. Also, for people flashing constantly trying to get this to perform exceptionally, here's what I did. I wiped data, cache, and dalvik regular in el26 recovery. Then I flashed calks format 2 times zip two times. Then wiped cache and dalvik once more then flashed Rom and gapps. After those I once again wiped cache and dalvik and voila! Let it reboot and enjoy.
    tempevo likes this.
    08-06-2012 11:06 AM
    First of all, thanks to DK for all his hard work!

Second, for anyone having the "Status 7" issue you can go to this thread:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/epi...s-7-error.html

(Which admittedly you could have found if you searched the forum before digging into the thread.)
    08-06-2012 11:07 AM
2,584 ... 8081828384 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD