08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 8485868788 ...
tools
    I think he means Bubby the young kid who supposedly claimed others work was his
    08-06-2012 04:08 PM
    Wish I knew, but sounds like an insult. I Googled it and had nothing relevant come up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-2012 04:08 PM
    Well ive made it clear im no developer. Credits are listed clear as day. This is techinally a kang cause im not an official maintainer on the cyanogenmod team. :rolleyes: what am I doing wrong here? I dont ask or request donations. I am not asking anyone for a device to be donated.
    08-06-2012 04:12 PM
    Well ive made it clear im no developer. Credits are listed clear as day. This is techinally a kang cause im not an official maintainer on the cyanogenmod team. :rolleyes: what am I doing wrong here?
    Absolutely Nothing! All of the Historical Great Ones have been hated for their Genious!
    08-06-2012 04:16 PM
    Well ive made it clear im no developer. Credits are listed clear as day. This is techinally a kang cause im not an official maintainer on the cyanogenmod team. :rolleyes: what am I doing wrong here?
    allowing us the freedom to choose. Right now this is the best JB ROM I've used so far ( BTW can I get some clarification on terminal+log cat. What exactly do I press when an error occurs?) XDA I assume has good intentions but really since the G1 days really needs to get their heads out their butts. Anyways have a nice day!
    08-06-2012 04:17 PM
    Well ive made it clear im no developer. Credits are listed clear as day. This is techinally a kang cause im not an official maintainer on the cyanogenmod team. :rolleyes: what am I doing wrong here? I dont ask or request donations. I am not asking anyone for a device to be donated.
    The "bubby" reference probably wasn't because of the suspected code stealing. From what I remember from the bubby times, he would work on his own a lot and make good progress on ROMs, but wouldn't share the source code so that others could help him or contribute. This happened early in the ICS release stages. He would claim to have a ROM (or ROMs) that had most of functionality working, but would not let anyone see it.

P.S. I'm not taking any sides. Just trying to explain what he may have meant with the "bubby" comment
    08-06-2012 04:21 PM
    Absolutely Nothing! All of the Historical Great Ones have been hated for their Genious!
    Thanks but I am far from a genious. I just dont get all the insults from the real developers. Why are the real developers so interested in my source code? Geez.
    08-06-2012 04:23 PM
    It's a typo... he meant to say "hubby" because he's been so impressed by the progression of this rom he wants to marry you.
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    08-06-2012 04:24 PM
    So I'm wondering if everyone else is experiencing the phone freezes like I am? I get no LOS at all except when the phone freezes (it says failing forever, than it says hanging up forever)

Other than that, data and text have worked fine, so have calls when the app works. For example, I would send a text before making a test call, to make sure I still had service, but when I would make the call the phone would freeze then I wouldn't have service. No texts could be sent until I toggled airplane mode and the phone wouldn't work again until I rebooted.

Anyway, I'm sure there is some kind of conflict with the phone apk or the telephoney apk.
    Any idea what it could be?
    08-06-2012 04:25 PM
    It's a typo... he meant to say "hubby" because he's been so impressed by the progression of this rom he wants to marry you.
    Thats funny. Im happily married. with two kids.
    teejaymarx likes this.
    08-06-2012 04:26 PM
    Has anyone flashed rc1.1 yet?
    08-06-2012 04:27 PM
    DK, first of all as a long time XDA member, I'd like to compliment you on your great work. As far as whether you were insulted or not, I wouldn't worry about it one bit as long as you've done you due diligence in crediting other contributors (which it appears you have). Sometimes I think it is assumed sometimes if people choose to put their work anywhere but XDA it is wrongly assumed that it is because they have something to hide about the origin of the work. It's happened before and this unfortunately will not be the last time. The internet provides us an endless amount of positives but it also allows people to anonymously throw around accusations and insults because they know they can without consequence. The bottom line, as you've found by now, is that most threads would be ultimately more productive with only half (or less) the posts contained in it. If you feel like you're putting your work out there the right way, f@!# what anyone's got to say.
    08-06-2012 04:28 PM
    Thats funny. Im happily married. with two kids.
    TCP is going to be crushed when he finds out.
    08-06-2012 04:30 PM
    hey DK i love your work and I was in a thread where they were comparing all the JB ROMS. I STARTED THE THREAD IN THE GENERAL SECTION only for good purposes. I wanted to have a discussion about the ROM. I love your work. I don't know why everyone is getting amped up about how you do things.

hope all is going well, don't get too insulted!
    08-06-2012 04:30 PM
    Well so far, only issue I have run into is Mobile Odin not detecting my phone, but other than that everything else on RC1.1 has been working. Have yet to have LoS (knocks on wood) and even successfully flashed with CWM6.
    08-06-2012 04:31 PM
    Yes he was referring to bubby323, a developer for the E4GT that worked on several projects including CM7 who had trouble playing nice and working well with others. However, I would drop any further discussion on the matter, and I would break off any reference to the thread on XDA. Nothing good can come from it, and the end result would likely be Paul having to come in here with the broom again. I can't speak for him but I'd imagine he's getting a bit tired of it. If you feel the desire to defend your work and explain your views on things over there (assuming Jay reopens that thread) or even in your own OP here, by all means go for it. But I think discussing it in this thread will lead to bickering.

You're not doing anything wrong DK2. If I were to guess, I'd imagine some people in the development scene are just having a tough time figuring out what to make of you.
    sosovoo and NewWorldOrphan9 like this.
    08-06-2012 04:32 PM
    About to install
    08-06-2012 04:33 PM
    yep it flashed and booted. missing the camera app.. no LOS so far. es file explorer not able to get SU permission

all CM settings are working with no issues. Google Now working perfect as well.
    08-06-2012 04:33 PM
    i noticed there is CM6 baked into the the recovery. . . is it safe? to update modems and if/when the next update come will we be able to flash with it?

also does the built in portable hotspot work or do i need to download wi-fi tether just as i did for AOKPM6?
    08-06-2012 04:36 PM
    Thanks but I am far from a genious. I just dont get all the insults from the real developers. Why are the real developers so interested in my source code? Geez.
    Not trying to start a argument, but trying to shed some light on how the others might be thinking. These other guys go and put a bunch of time into getting something 80% of the way working. They then get "stuck" on a problem like this LOS issue, and reach a temporary impasse. Another guy(you) comes in, spends some time, and viola, he claims/does to have it working. However, even though he used their source, he will not release his back to them. immediately the other developers are going to get suspicious, I mean, you ARE using there code as a base, shouldn't they be allowed to see your changes?

Again not trying to start a fight here, just trying to explain what I think is happening.
    08-06-2012 04:44 PM
    just got a random reboot, I'll try to send a logcat in a sec

Edit: maybe not....it does it everytime I try to connect the mount the usb to the computer

Edit2: went into terminal emulator and was su was denied
    08-06-2012 04:46 PM
    i believe the other devs feel they have a "right" to see the source . Personally, they probably just want to see DK's source so that they can look for any problems that DK might not have initially noticed themselves and fix it, in which they will release it and call it their work (since they fixed whatever problem there is).
    08-06-2012 04:53 PM
    Seems there is a super user issue. I have followed the thread since day 1 have I missed a fix for this?

none of the root apps can get SU access. Tried to instal superSU from market and it cannot do the necessary binary update.

tried to get logcat, but segmentation error when I entered SU
    I have flashed DK's rom since beta 2 and I never lost root, or any problems outside of the known reported bugs. Keep up the good work DK!
    Not trying to start a argument, but trying to shed some light on how the others might be thinking. These other guys go and put a bunch of time into getting something 80% of the way working. They then get "stuck" on a problem like this LOS issue, and reach a temporary impasse. Another guy(you) comes in, spends some time, and viola, he claims/does to have it working. However, even though he used their source, he will not release his back to them. immediately the other developers are going to get suspicious, I mean, you ARE using there code as a base, shouldn't they be allowed to see your changes?

Again not trying to start a fight here, just trying to explain what I think is happening.
    I couldnt agree more. Ive stated previously. I will release source once I get this stable. Yes Im using sbrissens kernel. Its stated in the credits. Im using xboxfanj source git for the cm10 base. also stated in credits. With that said I made numerious modifications as well to the existing code.

This is why I clearly stated I AM NOT A DEVELOPER.
    thewadegeek and Beejis like this.
    08-06-2012 04:57 PM
2,584 ... 8485868788 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD