08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    OK. So which kernel/recovery is more recommended, El26-CWM or Chris41Gs RC2_5 CWM6?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    I used the one from the OP
    07-29-2012 03:12 PM
    I used the one from the OP
    Are you still having sleep issues, like when the screen keeps turning back on itself?
    07-29-2012 03:14 PM
    You didnt follow my directions in the OP :thumbdown::rolleyes:

Move ROM and Gapps to SD Card (If you dont do this you WILL BRICK)

Did you miss that?
    anybody help me out on this please, this sucks.....1st time ever f'ing this thing up ;(
    07-29-2012 03:16 PM
    OK. So which kernel/recovery is more recommended, El26-CWM or Chris41Gs RC2_5 CWM6?

DK what do u think ?

07-29-2012 03:17 PM
    anybody help me out on this please, this sucks.....1st time ever f'ing this thing up ;(
    Best thing you can do is take it into Sprint and get a replacement.
    07-29-2012 03:18 PM
    if you aren't on CM9 rom now don't use CWM6 kernel to flash this. Odin back to el26 kernel and flash this. i think all the bricking going on are people on TW rom using AOSP kernel to flash this.
    IF your on a TW rom, odin back el26 and flash this
    IF your on a CM/AOSP/AOKP then use chris's CWM6 kernel

can't be to sure that this is why the bricking is happening, this is just my honest opinion based on all the posts here.
    07-29-2012 03:18 PM
    here is S voice singed it works great and fixed google now FC's until i tried to update. DONT UPDATE GOOGLE NOW

I didnt make this apk i dloaded it a few weeks ago along with others this one is working great. though she sounds kinda funny at times.

svoice-signed.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Dan Espi

just sharing. i

i have phantom voicemail anyone else? (says i have 5 VM when i call the number it says to register something) notification never goes away

Thanks for the hard work! keep it up
    07-29-2012 03:19 PM
    Are you still having sleep issues, like when the screen keeps turning back on itself?
    If you let the screen timeout then it stays asleep. However if you hit the power button it wakes up at random.
    07-29-2012 03:19 PM
    are you able to get into download mode? odin back to stock
    07-29-2012 03:20 PM
    If you let the screen timeout then it stays asleep. However if you hit the power button it wakes up at random.
    Same issue here as well. Just wondering if yours eventually stopped doing this.
    07-29-2012 03:21 PM
    i wish not on sprint anymore, wont even boot in download mode.....it's a complete brick!
    07-29-2012 03:22 PM
    here is S voice singed it works great and fixed google now FC's until i tried to update. DONT UPDATE GOOGLE NOW

I didnt make this apk i dloaded it a few weeks ago along with others this one is working great. though she sounds kinda funny at times.

svoice-signed.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Dan Espi

just sharing. i

i have phantom voicemail anyone else? (says i have 5 VM when i call the number it says to register something) notification never goes away

Thanks for the hard work! keep it up
    That is just a bandaid on a problem, the real problem is the sounds do not work: as someone stated before ringtones, notifications, apollo, all dont work the only thing that seems to work is poweramp...
    07-29-2012 03:22 PM
    oic thanks
    07-29-2012 03:23 PM
    i wish not on sprint anymore, wont even boot in download mode.....it's a complete brick!
    You should be able to get something, unless your phone's electrical shorted out...
    07-29-2012 03:25 PM
    if what nothingblooms suggested didn't work then you are most likely hard bricked. Are you on boost mobile or something? You can always try selling it on ebay as a brick and make decent cash on it.

edit

Isn't the phone still under manufacturers warranty and he can send it straight to Samsung?
    07-29-2012 03:25 PM
    He is indeed hard bricked. He used the wrong kernel to flash the rom. Most likely flashed from internal storage. Its toast.
    07-29-2012 03:29 PM
    if what nothingblooms suggested didn't work then you are most likely hard bricked. Are you on boost mobile or something? You can always try selling it on ebay as a brick and make decent cash on it.

edit

Isn't the phone still under manufacturing warranty and he can send it straight to Samsung?
    I was under the impression based off of threads I have read that if you are hard bricked then odin back to complete stock, find original stock files. You will also have to possibly reflash a different modem. However if the thing wont even show any signs of life, and you have in connected to a charger your phukked.
    07-29-2012 03:29 PM
    He is indeed hard bricked. He used the wrong kernel to flash the rom. Most likely flashed from internal storage. Its toast.
    i was using the correct kernel, just flashed from internal, i order this hopefully it will work Amazon.com: SainSonic Micro USB Dongle Jig for Samsung Galaxy S Captivate / Vibrant: Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-29-2012 03:31 PM
    I was under the impression based off of threads I have read that if you are hard bricked then odin back to complete stock, find original stock files. You will also have to possibly reflash a different modem. However if the thing wont even show any signs of life, and you have in connected to a charger your phukked.

If you are hard bricked I believe you won't see any signs of life except for a blue light, you won't be able to odin or flash anything to bring it back. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Call Samsung and find out if you can send it in to them and maybe they will fix it/replace it.
    07-29-2012 03:32 PM
    jig is not going to help you because your hardbricked only thing that can help is a Jtag and even that isn't guaranteed. sorry bout your phone man
    07-29-2012 03:33 PM
    Can anyone give me short steps to get a logcat, I would love to help with the small issues.

Thanks in advance
    07-29-2012 03:35 PM
    take it in. say you tried doing the update and that happened.
    07-29-2012 03:39 PM
    How do I install it?

Make sure you've enabled on USB debugging on your phone in Settings -> Application -> Development
    2. Get the Android SDK here: Android SDK | Android Developers
    Extract the SDK to any folder say C:\Android
    Make sure that you have installed the drivers for your phone and the operating system recognizes your phone.

Everything installed? Continuing...

Now how to actually access the log, everything in italic are commands you need to enter.

Open the 'run' dialog by pressing the 'Windows' + 'r' buttons on your keyboard (minimize the browser & other non-windows programs)
    cmd (this will open a DOS prompt)
    cd c:\Android\tools (go to the directory where you extracted the SDK)
    adb shell
    Now you'll see just a '$'
    logcat

not as easy as it sounds. good luck
    anon(81684) likes this.
    07-29-2012 03:39 PM
    jig is not going to help you because your hardbricked only thing that can help is a Jtag and even that isn't guaranteed. sorry bout your phone man
    well got nothing to lose but $3
    07-29-2012 03:41 PM
    if the phone is hard bricked the only thing to fix it is hardware. It makes sense, soft brick software(odin) Tell them whatever you want but the fact of the matter is, its ed. Same thing happened to my mesmerize(apparantly) no fixing it, just pay the insurance deductible and get a new one so much less hassle.
    07-29-2012 03:41 PM
2,584 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD