08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 9192939495 ...
tools
    This may be an extremely stupid question as I'm new to dev, but could the LoS have anything to do with the EL26 kernel and/or the way it interacts with JB and this ROM? Basically could EL26 be the problem?
    Disregard if its the dumbest thing you've ever heard <.< >.>

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    not dumb at all, we know that flashing newer modems can sometimes provide better service and greater speeds... so its likely that a misconfigured modem or one that doesnt work well with the ROM can provide..well no service lol at times

Im not sure this jb rom uses el26 kernel once flashed.. I remember looking and didnt see it. I'm assuming you might mean modem.
    08-07-2012 12:36 AM
    I remember in the first few builds whenever you would scroll home screens the icons would have a sort of glow around them as they were moving. Anyone else remember that? I was curious because I just noticed they don't do that anymore.

I wonder if that was a jellybean thing or a CM thing. Also, I had read that the new jellybean keyboard had next word predictions like with swiftkey. So is the keyboard that came with the ROM just the ICS keyboard? I thought I saw next word.... holy crap it just started working as I typed this! Haha awesome. Apparently you just have to type a while so it can learn the words you use.

OK so the first question is relevant still at least.

08-07-2012 12:39 AM
    Keep typing still and maybe they will glow! lol JK ... I have no answer for you
    08-07-2012 12:44 AM
    This may be an extremely stupid question as I'm new to dev, but could the LoS have anything to do with the EL26 kernel and/or the way it interacts with JB and this ROM? Basically could EL26 be the problem?
    Disregard if its the dumbest thing you've ever heard .>

The thing is when you flash jellybean there is a hybrid kernel baked in so jellybean doesn't actually interact with a el26 kernel in any way. El26 can only run a gingerbread ROM. Unless you actually meant modem, in which case disregard.

-Sent From A Jellybean Enhanced E4GT While Doing the Robot-
    08-07-2012 12:46 AM
    I remember in the first few builds whenever you would scroll home screens the icons would have a sort of glow around them as they were moving. Anyone else remember that? I was curious because I just noticed they don't do that anymore.

I wonder if that was a jellybean thing or a CM thing. Also, I had read that the new jellybean keyboard had next word predictions like with swiftkey. So is the keyboard that came with the ROM just the ICS keyboard? I thought I saw next word.... holy crap it just started working as I typed this! Haha awesome. Apparently you just have to type a while so it can learn the words you use.

OK so the first question is relevant still at least.

Yeah I remember that! I haven't seen that in a while. Maybe since RC1.
    08-07-2012 12:48 AM
    Hmmm **rubs chin**

08-07-2012 12:49 AM
    I have been running 1.3 for the last few hours and no LoS so far. On beta 4 I got LoS every 5min at my house. RC1 I got it every 20min. I'm using fg20. I'll be driving about an hour to work tomorrow and if I get LoS I'll try to grab a logcat

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2012 12:54 AM
    Ohh mannnn. Bout time I switched modems! I can finally keep a 4G connection at my house. i SWEAR I never could before, lol. Just sharing.
    08-07-2012 12:56 AM
    No, no, I did mean the EL26 Recovery kernel. I'm just not completely aware what affect a certain kernel can have on a ROM itself or if the two ever interact after an install. That's why I thought it might be a stupid question. I just saw that EL26 is the only kernel you can flash this with and thought maybe it could be part of the problem.

08-07-2012 12:57 AM
    I wonder if taking the camera from a previous build would fix the non-functioning camera issue..

On the LOS tip, is there any settings (on rom dev side) that you specify the "strength" of the radio receptor? Is it possible that it got "reset" or decreased somehow? (If its even a possibility)

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/06 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4
    08-07-2012 01:09 AM
    Yeah as soon as you flash the new ROM, which comes with a kernel, and boot, all interaction with the el26 kernel recovery ceases, and the new kernel starts running the show.

You don't technically have to flash from el26 recovery it's just an old trusty recovery that is guaranteed safe. I flashed one of these builds from an ICS recovery and reflashed from the recovery which is built into the jellybean kernel.

08-07-2012 01:12 AM
    No, no, I did mean the EL26 Recovery kernel. I'm just not completely aware what affect a certain kernel can have on a ROM itself or if the two ever interact after an install. That's why I thought it might be a stupid question. I just saw that EL26 is the only kernel you can flash this with and thought maybe it could be part of the problem.

When you install the ROM it replaces the el26 kernel with its own JB kernel. Hence you can't boot back into the el26 recovery after you have flashed. Also you can go into about phone in the settings and see the kernel you are running.

08-07-2012 01:13 AM
    I wonder if taking the camera from a previous build would fix the non-functioning camera issue..

On the LOS tip, is there any settings (on rom dev side) that you specify the "strength" of the radio receptor? Is it possible that it got "reset" or decreased somehow? (If its even a possibility)

sj

Already tried this earlier lol. Got the same error. Maybe you will have better luck. Let me know if it works.

sjsharksfan likes this.
    08-07-2012 01:14 AM
    Now even when I get on WiFi the 3g comes back after I disconnect from WiFi. Thank you so much DK... so I think now the camera is the only important bug we have not a developer my A$$

Sent from my SPH-D710 using RC 1.3 and Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2012 01:56 AM
    Now even when I get on WiFi the 3g comes back after I disconnect from WiFi. Thank you so much DK... so I think now the camera is the only important bug we have not a developer my A$$

Sent from my SPH-D710 using RC 1.3 and Tapatalk 2
    maybe you could share on how u manage to do that?
    and for the camera
    i use the ics camera from the market
    idk if ffc works tho because i didnt stay long on cm10 because of the los and battery
    08-07-2012 02:01 AM
    As soon as my replacement from Sprint gets here I'm gonna have a field day with this ROM. Lol

Sent from my (slightly busted ) SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2012 02:07 AM
    Lol did you brick?

08-07-2012 02:30 AM
    Lol did you brick?

Hey, I may be a noob, but I did not brick...yet...

08-07-2012 02:44 AM

sj

No one has yet tried to pull from the older builds like RC1 to test camera fixes?
    08-07-2012 03:01 AM
    YouTube is back to being crappy and green Los seems gone but YouTube is borked for me again..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2012 04:55 AM
    YouTube is back to being crappy and green Los seems gone but YouTube is borked for me again..
    FIXED: Found the problem, not sure if this will have repercussions elsewhere, but reverting /system/etc/media_codecs.xml to a previous version fixed the youtube video issue. No more green garble.
    tamathdb likes this.
    08-07-2012 05:05 AM
    I randomly opened the youtube app and clicked a trending video to test. Before I could stop my finger, it already pressed it - now, thanks to you, Google has forever recorded that my account viewed a Bieber video. ;P

It worked fine for me, no green or lines or anything.
    YouTube is broken for me. Also I get android is updating on every reboot.
    08-07-2012 05:16 AM
    Hey Defender, do you still have no LOS on 1.2? Did you try 1.3? Also are you using Sprint?
    08-07-2012 06:53 AM
    I've had no LOS at all after all night and this mornig so far. On 1.2/ff18

08-07-2012 07:22 AM
    Got a status 7 error during 1.3 install re-downloading :/

08-07-2012 08:06 AM
2,584 ... 9192939495 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD