08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 9293949596 ...
tools
    kay im not a noob but i got a couple questions that everypne might say is stupid..

1) there was a safe cwm recovery that was built for cm9, if the code for ics and jelly bean are more alike than the code between gingerbread and ics, why cant that recovery work with cm10?
    2) in the op, it says that the battery problem and los is a kernel issue. Ive never built kernels before but why is building a kernel harder with jb and ics?
    08-07-2012 08:31 AM
    Can someone DL a camera app from the market and tell me if that works?
    I tried the JB one did not work
    08-07-2012 08:41 AM
    Well, pulled phone off the charger 2 hours ago and the battery is under 50%. Not sleeping now for some reason. Doesn't make any sense! This thing is bipolar lol. Oh well, It will be 4 hours of glory.

-Sent From A Jellybean Enhanced E4GT While Doing the Robot-
    08-07-2012 08:42 AM
    Got a status 7 error during 1.3 install re-downloading :/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Bad Download.
    08-07-2012 08:42 AM
    So LOS is gone and battery is good cuz there's deep sleep and wake lock is gone....

This is looking great. I think I'm ready to flash this badass. But any luck with camera?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-07-2012 08:44 AM
    Well, pulled phone off the charger 2 hours ago and the battery is under 50%. Not sleeping now for some reason. Doesn't make any sense! This thing is bipolar lol. Oh well, It will be 4 hours of glory.

-Sent From A Jellybean Enhanced E4GT While Doing the Robot-
    Try disabling 3G data, rebooting and reenabling it. I've found messing with the data on/off seems to help me shake off wakelock, which can be quite persistent.
    08-07-2012 08:47 AM
    kay im not a noob but i got a couple questions that everypne might say is stupid..

1) there was a safe cwm recovery that was built for cm9, if the code for ics and jelly bean are more alike than the code between gingerbread and ics, why cant that recovery work with cm10?
    2) in the op, it says that the battery problem and los is a kernel issue. Ive never built kernels before but why is building a kernel harder with jb and ics?
    Thats a good question. ICS was a easier nut to crack once Samsung leaked the zImage and needed ICS Drivers to make what ICS is today. This kernel being used is a hacked ICS Kernel Modified to work with Jellybean. The kernel in this is not a "True" JB Kernel. Thus problems have risen because of that. The hacked kernel is still a HUGE Work in progress. Sbrissen, T.C.P, Phantomhacker, Chris41g, are all looking into this kernel to get it stable. Im taking a different appoarch. Im not waiting for others to get this stable. Im hacking my own stuff. This rom is still weeks away from 100% stability. Will it get there? Yes! When? No clue.
    _Viper_ and Dreammanifested like this.
    08-07-2012 08:48 AM
    Crap download failed at 80% fml...

Downloading again.. I also downloaded a stock camera apk gunna test on 1.3 if I can get a freaking 100% dload lol

08-07-2012 08:54 AM
    Thats a good question. ICS was a easier nut to crack once Samsung leaked the zImage and needed ICS Drivers to make what ICS is today. This kernel being used is a hacked ICS Kernel Modified to work with Jellybean. The kernel in this is not a "True" JB Kernel. Thus problems have risen because of that. The hacked kernel is still a HUGE Work in progress. Sbrissen, T.C.P, Phantomhacker, Chris41g, are all looking into this kernel to get it stable. Im taking a different appoarch. Im not waiting for others to get this stable. Im hacking my own stuff. This rom is still weeks away from 100% stability. Will it get there? Yes! When? No clue.
    I apologize for forgetting to applaud you on your amazing work lol. I hope the people over here are alot more helpful than the hostile people over at xda (i am from xda, we're not all bad lol) but are you referring to the hacked el26 kernel to work with jellybean? is that more easier to work with than the one built safe for cm9?
    08-07-2012 09:00 AM
    This may sound far-fetched, but has anyone experiencing LOS let the phone settle for like a day? I've noticed the LOS isn't as bad when I let the rom settle for at least 24 hours.

FG31 / RC 1.3
    08-07-2012 09:11 AM
    Also, I've been playing with Tasker to automatically turn airplane mode on and off when there's no mobile data.

Profile: No Mobile Data (15)
    State: Not Mobile Network [ 2G:Off 3G:On 3G - HSPA:Off 4G:On ]
    State: Not Wifi Connected [ SSID:* MAC:* IP:* ]
    Enter: Check For Service (4)
    A1: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A2: Variable Set [ Name:%count To:0 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A3: Stop [ With Error:Off ] If [ %PACTIVE !~ *,No Mobile Data,* ]
    A4: Airplane Mode [ Set:On ]
    A5: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:10 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A6: Airplane Mode [ Set:Off ]
    A7: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:2 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A8: Variable Add [ Name:%count Value:1 Wrap Around:0 ]
    A9: Goto [ Type:Action Number Number:3 Label: ] If [ %count < 6 ]
    A10: Reboot [ Type:Normal ]
    tamathdb likes this.
    08-07-2012 09:13 AM
    Also, I've been playing with Tasker to automatically turn airplane mode on and off when there's no mobile data.

Profile: No Mobile Data (15)
    State: Not Mobile Network [ 2G:Off 3G:On 3G - HSPA:Off 4G:On ]
    State: Not Wifi Connected [ SSID:* MAC:* IP:* ]
    Enter: Check For Service (4)
    A1: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A2: Variable Set [ Name:%count To:0 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A3: Stop [ With Error:Off ] If [ %PACTIVE !~ *,No Mobile Data,* ]
    A4: Airplane Mode [ Set:On ]
    A5: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:10 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A6: Airplane Mode [ Set:Off ]
    A7: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:2 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A8: Variable Add [ Name:%count Value:1 Wrap Around:0 ]
    A9: Goto [ Type:Action Number Number:3 Label: ] If [ %count < 6 ]
    A10: Reboot [ Type:Normal ]
    I was just working on a similar idea with tasker. Thanks for saving me the trouble :-D

08-07-2012 09:27 AM
    FIXED: Found the problem, not sure if this will have repercussions elsewhere, but reverting /system/etc/media_codecs.xml to a previous version fixed the youtube video issue. No more green garble.
    I can confirm this. Used the file from RC1

08-07-2012 09:33 AM
    I apologize for forgetting to applaud you on your amazing work lol. I hope the people over here are alot more helpful than the hostile people over at xda (i am from xda, we're not all bad lol) but are you referring to the hacked el26 kernel to work with jellybean? is that more easier to work with than the one built safe for cm9?
    ff18 source kernel
    aboulsaoudm likes this.
    08-07-2012 09:45 AM
    Hey guys been been following this thread for some time. Where is the download link for the latest build? Thanks a lot
    08-07-2012 09:59 AM
    Hey guys been been following this thread for some time. Where is the download link for the latest build? Thanks a lot
    hold off. update comin soon
    08-07-2012 10:02 AM
    yourrrrrrr theeeee mannnnnnnn
    08-07-2012 10:03 AM
    Perfect thank you sir. I actually did find 1.3 lol. But sense you're updating need to wait
    08-07-2012 10:06 AM
    Snap! You crazy!

Thank and thank you Sir.

p.s. My wife hates you haha. She's team iPhone and will never get the appeal of android. Her loss...

-Still running AOKP RC4 (ye ol' faithful) 200dpi- Flirting with Jellybean on the weekends-
    08-07-2012 10:11 AM
    I tried to install the camera app from previous versions and still got the camera error.

I wonder if taking the camera from a previous build would fix the non-functioning camera issue..

On the LOS tip, is there any settings (on rom dev side) that you specify the "strength" of the radio receptor? Is it possible that it got "reset" or decreased somehow? (If its even a possibility)

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/06 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4
    sjsharksfan likes this.
    I'm sure this has been posted before, but there definitely seems to be a direct link between LOS and Battery life. If i hit LOS, battery plummets. Once i reboot/airplane mode/whatever to fix LOS, battery evens out (and even goes back up in some cases!).

I'm running RC1.1 by the way (was waiting until camera was fixed to flash again)
    Bring It out baby!
    08-07-2012 10:13 AM
    About 12 hours, no LoS and does attain deep sleep.. RC1.3-gapps20120717-FG31

08-07-2012 10:35 AM
    Just to restate, I've had no LOS since this Morning 8am and that's boarding the Subway, walking around, and letting my phone sit while in a meeting.

I did have LOS yesterday, but once the rom and the kernel settles it gets better.
    Dreammanifested and _Viper_ like this.
    08-07-2012 10:42 AM
    anyone else can't get GPS lock?....How would I fix this?
    08-07-2012 10:54 AM
2,584 ... 9293949596 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD