[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cob11341

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Please actually read the forum before posting questions that have been answered.
We need to be able to find the posts we need without clutter.

Yes, sms works, but LoS (loss of signal) has been a big issue that we are currently trying to resolve. If you can't send a text, it is most likely because of LoS.

I do apologize if my post quite bothered you, but thank you for the clarification.

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I have question, why the rom and the gapps have to be flash from a sd card instead of the internal memory like other roms? thanks

Both the ROM and GApps can be safely installed from internal memory.
If you're running the proper CWM kernel, however, you internal memory is shown as "Internal SD" as it is. You might want to read up a bit before trying this ROM as it is not yet a daily driver. Maybe switch over to a stable ICS build?

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm running logcats and trying to repro. Keep cutting them after about 5 min to keep the size down for you. Does that matter?? So far, ROM is perfectly behaved while running logcats... :(

Same thing here. Without GApps though.
I'm installing GApps right now and repeating to see if something pops up.

kuttykartel

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Can u get me a logcat of that situation. that might be the key to solving this. all the logs ive seen has not produced any smoking gun as of yet. Ive been making educated guesses.

Sure, no problem. Can someone let me know how to enable write permission in terminal emulator? Gotta run my logcats that way atm.

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm already on Gapps. Perhaps two different setups would yield different results...

Without GApps, I tried everything I could to re-create LoS and I couldn't. Solid signal, calls and texts succeeded whenever I tried.
Anything in particular you've done that caused LoS? I could switch back to no GApps if needed.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Without GApps, I tried everything I could to re-create LoS and I couldn't. Solid signal, calls and texts succeeded whenever I tried.
Anything in particular you've done that caused LoS? I could switch back to no GApps if needed.

Man, I wish I could tell you. What I thought worked to repro LOS just isn't cutting it when on a logcat. I WISH my phone were this stable all the time. Just wondering, did you ever get LOS without Gapps? For what it's worth, I like this community A LOT more than XDA. Right now, we're all testing as a single unit for one goal. That's pretty freaking awesome. You never see that on XDA.

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Man, I wish I could tell you. What I thought worked to repro LOS just isn't cutting it when on a logcat. I WISH my phone were this stable all the time. Just wondering, did you ever get LOS without Gapps? For what it's worth, I like this community A LOT more than XDA. Right now, we're all testing as a single unit for one goal. That's pretty freaking awesome. You never see that on XDA.

On all previous builds I had LoS both with and without GApps constantly. Not the case with RC1.
I can't seem to repro LoS no matter what I do. Even now with GApps installed (though I've only been testing for like 30 minutes.)

And yes, these forums are a bit more brotherly like that, though XDA still has more man-power to get stuff done sadly :/

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
On all previous builds I had LoS both with and without GApps constantly. Not the case with RC1.
I can't seem to repro LoS no matter what I do. Even now with GApps installed (though I've only been testing for like 30 minutes.)

And yes, these forums are a bit more brotherly like that, though XDA still has more man-power to get stuff done sadly :/

Hmmm, seems like you may be "fixed" for the moment. I still suspect everybody has the LOS bug, but it's not obvious until certain circumstances are present. Mine is elusive with periods of awesome reliability and others not.

XDA has seriously PO'd me and I've been there for years. It's overrun with crap developers who post halfbaked dangerous builds and 15 yr olds whining about nonsense. The way I look at it is everybody has to cut their teeth somewhere and it seems to be the XDA these days. I remember when it was a true dev community. Anywho, I'd say that DK is every bit as good as any given dev on XDA, but I can't...because NOBODY on XDA has a functional JB ROM for our phone. ;)

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So.. I just noticed that the 4shared file has a blank space before the .zip in the file name. This may cause installation issues if I am not mistaken..

sj

organizedConfusion

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is anything significant, but I got a "Android Is upgrading" message when I reboot my phone. Figured it might be worth mentioning? It also started "upgrading" 14 apps, though it didn't state which ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is anything significant, but I got a "Android Is upgrading" message when I reboot my phone. Figured it might be worth mentioning? It also started "upgrading" 14 apps, though it didn't state which ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If I'm not mistaken, it's just a normal function of JB optimizing apps for usage. Nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.