[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Norris

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][PORT][JB][07/30/12]CyanogenMod 10 [BETA 1]

Also, is anyone running this as their daily driver, and is it any better off than the 7-24-2012 CM9 release 6 that is out?
And I see that you don't recommend flashing off of any of the source built FF18 kernels that are marked safe, has their been any newly reported problems found after they have been released, or are you talking from prior experience (before source compilers removed the /emmc erase code) regarding the only flash from CWM5 EL26 flash.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Also, is anyone running this as their daily driver, and is it any better off than the 7-24-2012 CM9 release 6 that is out?
And I see that you don't recommend flashing off of any of the source built FF18 kernels that are marked safe, has their been any newly reported problems found after they have been released, or are you talking from prior experience (before source compilers removed the /emmc erase code) regarding the only flash from CWM5 EL26 flash.

This is not a DD yet. If you want all the vital functions working 100% I'd stick with CM9 for now. It'll get there though.

Regarding flashing, some have superbricked flashing this ROM from an ICS kernel/recovery labeled as "safe", thus the recommendation to flash from a GB based recovery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Ok first of all big thanks to Dark Knight the guy has a solid beta 1 build once you get SuperUser working.

Phone/calls/hang up/dialer - works
3g - working solid
4g - works when it wants is a little laggy, takes time to turn on
Txt work
Google Voice works
*GPS* is working has a lock on maps within 800
Titanium Backup works
USB Tethering works
Google Search works with talking back results
Youtube Works
Pandora works
Apollo Works
Browser works

Still testing!!

Not working:
camera it FC with "gallery not responding" same when selecting camera (can open gallery from apps menu/desktop though)
phone resets at random sometimes only happened once so far
on reboots phone doesnt save volume settings if set to silent or vibrate goes back to default volume

4g at times flakes away

still testing

Battery Life is pretty crappy (expected for now):
Download SetCpu and set @ 1000 to 200, ondemand for better battery life

Last edited:

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

BT media not working.... no alarm clock for me i suppose. To elaborate bluetooth works except for audio... audio just comes through on the handset not speakers.

on alpha 4... can anyone confirm if it works on beta 1?

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

i dont have anything BT cant tell ya but alarm is working both manual and with Google Search request :D

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

ok goin back to aokp for my daily it was fun tonight playing around with the rom.. night folks

EmperorX

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

It seems as if (at least for me) that after 4G connects, things still run at 3G speeds? I am no longer on the build because I could not figure out the SU issue in a timely manner.. But, when I was it seemed like 4G, at least for downloads from the market, was no faster than 3G. Web pages seemed to load as they should though, but the market was def very, very slow to download. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? If so, have you performed a speed test or does that check out ok?

epicnegro

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

In the market it says that Adobe Flash is not compatible with my device. Also the storage settings keeps causing the "settings" to force close. Otherwise, looking good so far.
:p

tsjoe2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
THIS IS AWESOME. Anyways. Just for devas notes. I am getting gsearch crashing after setting up. Also some theme thing. When I also go into storage under settings it crashes. Just mild annoyances. Nothing big on my part. Deffenetly going to use this as my daily. Thanks again for the hard work and having to put up with the people who think that a port will be more stable then the ota's. Been seeing salt of people trashing good dev's out there.

Sent from my Jellied out e4gt.
Woot

youngville718

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
THIS IS AWESOME. Anyways. Just for devas notes. I am getting gsearch crashing after setting up. Also some theme thing. When I also go into storage under settings it crashes. Just mild annoyances. Nothing big on my part. Deffenetly going to use this as my daily. Thanks again for the hard work and having to put up with the people who think that a port will be more stable then the ota's. Been seeing salt of people trashing good dev's out there.

Sent from my Jellied out e4gt.
Woot

Go into settings->apps->gsearch->clear data and cache->go back to Google search and instead of clicking yes click no

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

hrffd

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
He says what isn't working. Read before asking. Adobe flash isn't supported for 4.1. So we have to wait for html5. Sound won't work efficiently without uneeded fixes, he will get it working. Data will be better later. Beta 1, not stable.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

In the market it says that Adobe Flash is not compatible with my device. Also the storage settings keeps causing the "settings" to force close. Otherwise, looking good so far.
:p

Yea that's jelly bean for ya! Did you try Sky Fire i think it will transfer the the flash content.... JB still SWEET tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome