[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac2k10

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Jellybean][07/31/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 2]

What? No my device i have is defective. The cpu is screwed to hell. It overheats like no other. I took it to a sprint store and it registered at 127 degrees. Im still waiting for my replacement.

ah k thought you had received the replacement already :(

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Hey dark still having issues with that apns.confg.xml any ideas on how to add mine to it? it cant be as simple as copying and pasting the entire thing, are there commas, spaces , >'s to add. Or is it that simple? I see that the apns ends with apns, could i just paste mine right after that?

I dont see why replacing the entire freaking thing doesnt do what it has before. I have edited files of the apns and eri that I just overwrite your files with. and then make edits to the build.prop. I dont understand the problem... please help me. The reason I think things are not working is that everytime I go back to Alpha build 4 the welcome is seconds and play store works flawlessly, with my edits to it welcome is minutes, and the google play store doesnt work, also on the google play website it doesnt recognize my phone ...

Last edited:

NewWorldOrphan9

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

One problem I have ran into is with Google Now. When I go to setup Google Now, so I can change the weather to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius it force closes, then constantly force closes until I clear the app data. The error occurs right when the setup is on the 4th screen and says "Get Google Now!" and I click "Yes, I'm in." Then I pick my account and it force closes, then it constantly says "Unfortunately, Google Search has Stopped," until I clear the app data. Is this a GPS problem, an account problem, or even already known?

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

One problem I have ran into is with Google Now. When I go to setup Google Now, so I can change the weather to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius it force closes, then constantly force closes until I clear the app data. The error occurs right when the setup is on the 4th screen and says "Get Google Now!" and I click "Yes, I'm in." Then I pick my account and it force closes, then it constantly says "Unfortunately, Google Search has Stopped," until I clear the app data. Is this a GPS problem, an account problem, or even already known?

known issue

Reactions: chew dz

NewWorldOrphan9

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

known issue

Thanks! I'll stop hoping it will magically work! A couple questions:

When Beta 3 drops, will there be a patch or will I have to re-flash?
Does having the EL29 kernel differ performance wise from the FF18?

Thanks btw for the instant feedback....

dubmanium

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

settings -> google-> search-> manage location settings causes google search to FC. Maybe google now has a location issue and FCs. I could never get it to even attempt to find my location

NewWorldOrphan9

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

The FF18 kernel is way more advanced.

Doesn't only GB Kernels work with this ROM? When you say "more advanced" does that mean better, or just more hard to work with on the Dev end???

Sorry for ALL the questions, just figure this is the place for them...

NewWorldOrphan9

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

settings -> google-> search-> manage location settings causes google search to FC. Maybe google now has a location issue and FCs. I could never get it to even attempt to find my location

I guess its a known issue according to the posts above. I think, don't quote me I really have no idea what I am talking about, but it could be a GPS problem.... IMO

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Do me a favor. You might be on to something here. Before anyone tries google now turn on 4G and Gps. We already know 3G and gps dont get along. Or even do it on wifi and see if you still get a fc. Qbking had google now working in his review video but he was on wifi as well. Just a theory at this point but definitely possible.

dubmanium

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Do me a favor. You might be on to something here. Before anyone tries google now turn on 4G and Gps. We already know 3G and gps dont get along. Or even do it on wifi and see if you still get a fc. Qbking had google now working in his review video but he was on wifi as well. Just a theory at this point but definitely possible.

will do

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't only GB Kernels work with this ROM? When you say "more advanced" does that mean better, or just more hard to work with on the Dev end???

Sorry for ALL the questions, just figure this is the place for them...

What? You lost me...GB kernels only work on GB roms unless they are hacked to work on ICS. This rom uses a hacked ICS kernel from sbrissen. Its been hacked and modded to work on JB ROMs.

dubmanium

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Still FCs. important to mention that I haven't been able to get gps to work at all though.

agentfazexx

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Does this have constant call drops like sbrissen's JB ROM does? Aside from that everything seems fine actually.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Attention: I just want to make something clear. The word "Dev" or "Developer" has been applied to me by numerious individuals. Trust me. I am not a developer. In fact very far from it. Im a contributor. Nothing more. I just love android. Im just sharing my little knowledge with the community. Nothing more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza