[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Jellybean][07/31/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 2]

what edits have you used?

Not a fluke! I use sicken's edits on teamuscellular.com. To alter the build.prop, eri.xml, apns-conf.xml. Woot and it finally worked. For some reason it was in the build.prop something that I always altered in the past would break the play store in this build so I just painstakingly trialed and errored until i found the fix! woooooooooot

Joeyc23

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

anybody been able to use mobile odin with beta 2? If not is there a fix for that?

Dreammanifested

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Not a fluke! I use sicken's edits on teamuscellular.com. To alter the build.prop, eri.xml, apns-conf.xml. Woot and it finally worked. For some reason it was in the build.prop something that I always altered in the past would break the play store in this build so I just painstakingly trialed and errored until i found the fix! woooooooooot

so this fixed ALL the problems? i.e. camcorder FC and weak signals. those are the main problems. also is there a way to get the visual voicemail back?

Dreammanifested

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

anybody been able to use mobile odin with beta 2? If not is there a fix for that?

what are u trying to do with mobile odin? change the kernel?

well i just checked. mobile odin doesn't work for me either. "couldn't find mobile odin package"

Last edited:

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

so this fixed ALL the problems? i.e. camcorder FC and weak signals. those are the main problems. also is there a way to get the visual voicemail back?

Not what I was referring to, what was happening is that I make edits so us cellular folks can flash a version that plays nicely with our gs2. Upon doing the edits I usually do , it so happened that in this beta 2 the playstore was broken. So painstakingly without anyone's help I fixed my issue and now have a working beta 2 for us cellular folks. The same issues that everyone else had in beta 2 remain for me, except torch is working(broken in beta 1) and video camera takes video but upon playback goes black (No fc's). Have not tested anything else.

Dreammanifested

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Not what I was referring to, what was happening is that I make edits so us cellular folks can flash a version that plays nicely with our gs2. Upon doing the edits I usually do , it so happened that in this beta 2 the playstore was broken. So painstakingly without anyone's help I fixed my issue and now have a working beta 2 for us cellular folks. The same issues that everyone else had in beta 2 remain for me, except torch is working(broken in beta 1) and video camera takes video but upon playback goes black (No fc's). Have not tested anything else.

ahhhh ok i got ya

Joeyc23

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Yes, and i dont use a computer 90 percent of the time when flashing. I dont like to modify raw code with an emulator so Mobile Odin and CWM have been a staple for my modding.

Nick.I.Am

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone else had problems with Bluetooth headphones? whenever i connect mine and play some music, it plays through the speaker on the phone.

Joeyc23

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
what are u trying to do with mobile odin? change the kernel?

well i just checked. mobile odin doesn't work for me either. "couldn't find mobile odin package"

Yes, and i dont use a computer 90 percent of the time when flashing. I dont like to modify raw code with an emulator so Mobile Odin and CWM have been a staple for my modding.

Cythrawl

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Also, it's possible that the EMMC firmware version for the US Cellular model is different than the one used on the E4GT. If the US Cellular model uses EMMC firmware version PRV/fwrev 0x25 then that could explain why you haven't bricked yet, outside of pure luck.

Brick bug says otherwise. The USCC model also has the brick bug. You are still playing Russian roulette flashing with an ICS recovery that is known to have the bug not fixed. Just sayin'

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Joeyc23

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Everything works pretty smooth, the call problem only happens when i dont have enough signal to connect the call then it wont hang up. Google Now works great if you dont choose "Im in" option, and still no gps fix. Sometimes 3G stops and ive turned the hotspot on and back off again as a work around to get the 3G to start again. If the call wont hang up the only thing i can do is reboot. Any news for a Beta 3? And do i need to reflash the GB kernel to flash the new beta when its posted? Thanks again Dark Knight and the rest of the community.

Dreammanifested

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

had to flash my other rom back. anxiously awaiting beta 3. this is really good stuff. and i really need some jellybeans in my life!

jeezcrafter

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I've experienced this problem as well. Interestingly enough, i can place a call and it works through bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22