[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Jellybean][07/31/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 2]

" - On your phone, in /system/app/, rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk.bak using Root Browser (or something similar)"

in beta 2 these apks are named "QuickSearchBox" should i change to the instructions format or the beta 2?

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

well its not letting me change permissions in root browser for the apks. keep getting a" some file systems do not allow permisson changes" message

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

never got that... did you download the files it wanted you to get as soon as you loaded root browser?

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

yep it downloaded all the updates, im really tired im going to bed

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

To go back to gb from the beta 2 can I just Odin el29 as I have been doing with ics? Thanks for this! Awesome stuff!

jmaserang

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I turned off all location settings about 2 hours ago since then I have not had a problem with l o s I have had 1 freeze had to pull battery and reboot has anyone else tried this ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

djkozdefantastico

May 23, 2011
Visit site

So I have read a few post here that say a simple reflash is fixing some problems. What problems has that fixed for you guys. And also. how are you going about the reflash? are you odin-ing all the way back to el26 or 26? or are you just reflashing from the recovery built into this rom? Im only a week new to the E4gT. And from what i have read the recoveries for ICS are dangerous, and not to be used for flashing. is that the same for JB? Or can you reflash the rom right off this old rom? Sorry for the noob-ness.

Also. Cant wait to get my hands all over that Beta 3 :-$

tsjoe2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I turned off all location settings about 2 hours ago since then I have not had a problem with l o s I have had 1 freeze had to pull battery and reboot has anyone else tried this ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I have. Working good. I'm even in a low signal area. I was getting los within minutes after reboot or even the airplane mode trick.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tamathdb

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
well its not letting me change permissions in root browser for the apks. keep getting a" some file systems do not allow permisson changes" message

Are you trying to change permissions while it is in your internal sd? I don't think you can change then until they are in /system.

tamathdb

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
anyone wanna try this?

?Download LennoxPackage.zip from LennoxPackage.zip from post # 2370.
? Extract all 3 folders from LennoxPackage.zip to a new folder on your computer
?Then download and replace the Velvet file in the app folder of your new folder with Velvet.apk from post # 2425 link Velvet2.apk
? Move the folder you've created (with 3 subfolders) to your SD Card
? On your phone, in /system/app/, rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk.bak using Root Browser (or something similar)
?In the folder you placed on your SD - you'll need to move everything from the /app/ folder to /system/app/, and set permissions to RW/R/R for each of the 3 .apks
?copy the files from the lib folder on your SD, and paste to system/lib (note, a couple of these already exist. Before copying these files go through /system/lib/ and rename any existing files to include .bak, then copy/paste new files. If you don't do this it will paste them with '- copy' as part of the file name). Change permissions of these New files to rw/r/r
? rename the existing "config" folder in /system/usr/srec/ on your phone to "config.bak", then just paste "config" and "en-US" from the srec folder on your SD to /system/usr/srec/. I also changed permissions on config and en-US to RWX/RX/RX
?Reboot and enjoy.

I did this in cm9 and almost everything works including talk back. Only thing that doesn't is when say you request to set an alarm it should show a card with a blue loading bar that gives you time to cancel before it sets itself. Well it does, but it refreshes and you have to manually push the set alarm button, or play music, navigate and what have you.

sbeekman1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Just read on xda that disabling all location settings stopped Los in another build worth a try. Hey dark did u dissapear haven't heard a peep since upload failed lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800