[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcprogalson

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/03/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 4]

is there any theory on why wifi tether is not working? i forgot to give you the much due props DK on this rom. great job

Last edited:

EmperorX

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

Everything appears to be working great! SU, SMS, MMS, GPS, Navigation, etc etc etc. Only "issue" I see so far is the "Android is upgrading" upon every boot. Also, I have not tried wireless tether yet... If that is busted I will have to flash something else for the time being as I am oftentimes dependent on 4G tethering in my travels.

Is it the native tethering or have you tried a 3rd party app as well?

anon(879969)

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Currently on Beta4 after performing a full wipe from el26

The Good: :)

no longer have impossible hangups with no LOS.

The Bad: :confused:

Still averaging about 1% a minute drop in battery between 2,3,and 4. (even using the 1 background process trick along with "Dont Keep activities checked"
I have noticed on 4 a 2 second delay in the animation when exiting apps or settings and some some jittering between animations.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Currently on Beta4 after performing a full wipe from el26

The Good: :)

no longer have impossible hangups with no LOS.

The Bad: :confused:

Still averaging about 1% a minute drop in battery between 2,3,and 4. (even using the 1 background process trick along with "Dont Keep activities checked"
I have noticed on 4 a 2 second delay in the animation when exiting apps or settings and some some jittering between animations.

try turning off animstions under settings....developer options

Reactions: anon(879969)

EmperorX

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

Hmm, appeared to have LoS on beta 4. Not positive... But, SMS suddenly will not send. My bars up top are blue though (not grey) but there is no data sending or receiving?

Actually i'm not sure what the deal is... Because I literally just got the text but cannot respond to it?

Edit:

Yep, confirmed LoS. Cannot make calls.

Call progress is "stuck" on Hanging up.

anon(879969)

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

try turning off animstions under settings....developer options

Have turned off all three options windows animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale and rebooted but still getting the delay when exiting. I have now noticed "while cooking dinner" that the phone is now waking up on its own randomly with really no specific timing in between.

Could just be my device, I could attempt to reflash again after dinner :)

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Flashed this with dark gapps and I lost root.

Can I just flash the other gapps to get root? Or do I need to flash back to another ROM first?

Also - is the recovery included with this ROM/kernel safe to flash from?

Thanks!

EmperorX

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

I did flash the Beta 4 before it was officially posted (the one a page or two back). Were there changes made since then before it was added to the OP?

JasonVargas

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Ok I'm new here at ACS. I usually get my stuff from XDA. They're still on Alpha 2 over there with ALOT of bugs. Why is this on Beta 4 already what am i missing?

rupes0610

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Still have LOS in Beta 4. Happens within 5 minutes of boot. Need to use Signal Booster to get temporary service or restart phone. Also wiped data/cache. I didn't flash a new kernel. Was I supposed to?

On a good note there is no more wake lock issues! :)

ahmadshawki

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Sorry guys but I don't have an SD card. Can I just flash the ROM from the internal memory or not. I know it says so in the OP but I did it with the CM10 beta2 from XDA and it worked fine.
So, can I do this after the latest update or not?
Again, I'm so sorry for this question but I thought I'd ask first...

Status
Not open for further replies.