[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teejaymarx

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/03/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 4]

I've found something interesting regarding the random screen-on bug.

After manually powering off my screen it would always come back on almost exactly 30 seconds to the T. So I went into system settings and running apps and started force closing them one by one and turning the screen off to see if it turned back on.

Finally I got down to a running app called "Google Services - Gapps" and when I force closed it and turned the screen off it never came back on again.

Just wanted to share that tid bit because somebody who speaks robot might be able to translate. I have no idea what it means myself lol.

Woah...just tried that...and I nominate this as a PERFECT bug report and test result! It did that same exact thing for me!

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've found something interesting regarding the random screen-on bug.

After manually powering off my screen it would always come back on almost exactly 30 seconds to the T. So I went into system settings and running apps and started force closing them one by one and turning the screen off to see if it turned back on.

Finally I got down to a running app called "Google Services - Gapps" and when I force closed it and turned the screen off it never came back on again.

Just wanted to share that tid bit because somebody who speaks robot might be able to translate. I have no idea what it means myself lol.

Good find. Google Services is of course a Gapp. Ive got an idea. If some is up for it. Flash my beta 4 but do not flash Gapps. See if you get Los or Screenwakes. Curiousity is killing me.

2phonejones

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

ok so i think im gonna give b4 a try but what gapps should i use considering some people can make calls and no los while others do? should i use lowrider gapps 5.4.1 or dks gapps in the op??

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok the next version will hit RC status. There were some changes made to su so i will add those. I will also add theme mgr back in as I think I got the base stable enough to start adding cm features back in.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Thank you very much good sir. I was just using No-Frills, haha. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I have an Airave but I don't think it is even connected to it lol. Will post any results of possible LOS

Dial *99 and you will hear a recorded message if you are camped on the airrave. Also a good way to force the phone to camp on the airrave. I'm testing the LOSD Fix from XDA right now...will update if LOS isn't noticeable. I was having LOS about once an hour running the FF18 modem, Beta 4 and DK Gapps. Most recently, had LOS twice in 10 min.

A side note, I ran the JB ROM on XDA and it was terrible. Unusable even. Wake lock nonstop, LOS was every 2 minutes, I had to reboot my phone every few minutes just to receive texts. Dark Knight, this is a fantastic ROM and awesome progress. Thank you. I actually joined this group today just for DK's ROM and I've been on XDA for many years.

Edit: LOSD Fix did nothing. Just experienced LOS. Time to uninstall the fix...

Last edited:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Good find. Google Services is of course a Gapp. Ive got an idea. If some is up for it. Flash my beta 4 but do not flash Gapps. See if you get Los or Screenwakes. Curiousity is killing me.

Trying this right now. Will report.

rickeo

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

May have already been answered but do we know why the "Android is upgrading" happens after every reboot?

2phonejones

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Ok nevermind. Just had LOS right now. Would flashing from el29 cause this?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Now im confused i always flashed back to el29 then flash rom from cwm...am i suppose to use the ff18 recovery to flash this for it to work properly or what?

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Bootlooped for some reason. I'm restoring a nandroid and gonna go through the process again.

Fraslin#AC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

May have already been answered but do we know why the "Android is upgrading" happens after every reboot?

I don't think it is for everyone. I would reflash gapps (or try another version) and see if that helps. I seem to only get that message after a gapps flash. Note that I am no expert just what I have observed :)

2phonejones

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

yassssssssssss just flashed from el29 with dk gapps and i made several calls without having to reboot :) and i have 3g no los yet...thanks dark knight again! and buttery smooth as far as jb goes.

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
yassssssssssss just flashed from el29 with dk gapps and i made several calls without having to reboot :) and i have 3g no los yet...thanks dark knight again! and buttery smooth as far as jb goes.

Im running lowrider gapps. I will try to flash with dk gapps and see if that will work

tempevo

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I was wondering if someone run a benchmark on the rom,and also tell me when beta 4 updates or beta 5 might be done.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Phone took forever to restore. Headed out to see a movie with the wife so I'll have to try again later. Hopefully someone else will before I get back.

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I want to know if this rom is a daily driver. I have been reading this thread since day one, and have been hesitant to flash.

swelker101

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

I was wondering if someone run a benchmark on the rom,and also tell me when beta 4 updates or beta 5 might be done.

5 will be done when it's done.

Screenshot_2012-08-03-22-52-12.png

Status
Not open for further replies.