[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

4g63gst96

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/03/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 4]

So iv'e been using this rom for the pasrt day or so and its only auto reset on me once and that was five minutes or so after i flashed the rom. It seems really stable and it seems good enough to use as a daily driver. You did an amazing job on it, i'm looking forward to the tweaks you have in store for it.

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I will have to say that this rom is quite stable so far. Just flashed about an hour ago from CM9 alpha 6. I have not run into any problems yet. I just hope that bluetooth audio streaming works. Have not taken the time to run many diagnostic tests. I just hope battery discharge is good enough.

This rom definelty extends the life of my phone. I was going to jump ships to SG3 but no LTE in Philadelphia is a no sale for me.

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Haven't had a problem with calendar. what gapps you running?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

That's weird. I flashed those as well. Not having a problem. Is FC right at start of app?

No only when I try to change something in the agenda. Also happended in email when I was setting up account I tried to change one of the automatic settings and it FC.

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

I know you guys don't want anyother conversation, but does this beta allow a user to add a startup and shutdown sound file?

paulwong001

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Hey, really great work on this, have been following since alpha. One of the things thats keeping me from flashing is not knowing whether or not haptic/vibrate fully works. I know that when aokp betas first came out, haptic/vibrate was terrible and I was just wondering if the same thing is happening in these betas, since no one has really commented on it.

jmaserang

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been running b4 for 2hrs with low rider 5.4 on ff18 no los but 1 reboot after closing gmail

btaylor545

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Anybody lose root after installing this? Su shows up but nothing can gain access even with allow all option checked. I fresh installed this rom after I used mobile Odin back to el26 and used calks format all. Everything booted up fine installed root explorer and tb via the market. Tried opening them and it said I couldn't get root access went in su and didn't show up as a denial. Tried updating su couldn't do it w/o root access. Installed super su and it just hangs at startup so had to restore from a nand via recovery. Did I do something wrong? Maybe a bad download not sure any help is appreciated

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ffolkes

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site

I have been getting great battery life - 6h+ (42 minutes total screen on, plus wifi syncing a few GB of music, playing music for about an hour, and a few texts) and I'm only at 77%. As soon as the random wake bug gets fixed, this will be as good as CM9. Thanks for all your work, DK!

censura_umbra

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

So LOS isn't fixed....why does it say fixed in the OP?

I'm curious if it IS gapps.as some people mention differences between the versions.

DK, what is the difference between your gapps/LRs and the stock GAPPS on goo.im
Maybe one of the tweaks in Gapps is causing some issues.

I was really hoping LOS was fixed. I Sprinted home to reflash this rom, but I can't risk a LOS (the wife would kill me). Glad I read the last few pages first

mattboy9921

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Anybody lose root after installing this? Su shows up but nothing can gain access even with allow all option checked. I fresh installed this rom after I used mobile Odin back to el26 and used calks format all. Everything booted up fine installed root explorer and tb via the market. Tried opening them and it said I couldn't get root access went in su and didn't show up as a denial. Tried updating su couldn't do it w/o root access. Installed super su and it just hangs at startup so had to restore from a nand via recovery. Did I do something wrong? Maybe a bad download not sure any help is appreciated

Use the low rider gapps

matt8107t

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been getting great battery life - 6h+ (42 minutes total screen on, plus wifi syncing a few GB of music, playing music for about an hour, and a few texts) and I'm only at 77%. As soon as the random wake bug gets fixed, this will be as good as CM9. Thanks for all your work, DK!

Would like to know how your getting that for me it drained completely in 6 hour over night without using it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

rickeo

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

3G signal is almost no-existent and drops out completely with this ROM regardless of modem.

Nandroid back to CM9 and its back to normal. Just an FYI that you might want to edit the OP.

Install Process: Odined EL26 CWM kernel, wiped everything a few times, flashed Beta4, flashed Lowriders GAPPS

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

yea your right no root :( that sucks! everything is working but root with dk gapps.

Use the low rider gapps

Root works with DK Apps. The problem is for some reason SU does not prompt for root access. Go into the Super User Application, then click the wrench for Settings. Now, go to Security and click "Automatic Response". Choose "Allow".

The phone will now automatically allow all SU requests. Again, the issue is that SU was not prompting to grant access. NOT that root is broken on B4 with DKApps.

Question for Dark Knight, I'm going to do some experimenting today. Just wondering, why did you post your own Gapps with a script at the beginning? Why not just use the goo.im Gapps? I want to try them, but I saw the script at the beginning mounts and unmounts and don't want to totally blow my phone away or go about testing something that you already know not to work. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance