[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablo311

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Could Google now cause battery drain? I mean cmon when we didn't have 100% working Google now the battery was good on cm 9 on the alphas now we got Google now in cm10 and all in the sudden phone keeps awakening

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

RaveSaint5

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/03/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 4]

I'm running Alpha 5 ICS Cyanogen 9. Is it safe for me to flash to this ROM straight from C9 A5 or do I need to be using the stock ROM?

matt8107t

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
@downtown taco

I odined el26 wiped everything flashed beta 4 and then flashed low rider g apps 5.4.1. And still getting Los

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Downtown Taco

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Alpha 5 ICS Cyanogen 9. Is it safe for me to flash to this ROM straight from C9 A5 or do I need to be using the stock ROM?

Do not flash this ROM from the kernel included in CM9 Alpha 5. If you do there is a chance you will brick your emmc. Only flash from one of chris41g's latest kernels or better yet, follow the directions in the OP and flash from a GB based kernel.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

daniel4653

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So many noobs lately..... PEOPLE. READ THE OP. Almost all of the issues you describe as surprising are in it. ALSO. So are install instructions, If you don't know how to properly flash from a safe kernel THIS PROBABLY ISN'T THE RIGHT ROM FOR YOU.

And don't just complain, post logs!

Talking about noobs you only joined 2 days ago! Lol I'm joking censura. :p you're active at xda.

But back on topic I flashed beta 4.
Its smooth other than the problems people have mentioned already great job.

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site

So many noobs lately..... PEOPLE. READ THE OP. Almost all of the issues you describe as surprising are in it. ALSO. So are install instructions, If you don't know how to properly flash from a safe kernel THIS PROBABLY ISN'T THE RIGHT ROM FOR YOU.

And don't just complain, post logs!

Well said , I think you will be seeing a lot of the same old posts since a new thread was created on XDA so more and more people will be finding their way here, just hope the majority of them will read and search before posting, that way we can all enjoy DK's hard work here

Neozx25

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Exactly the steps I followed, and exactly the problem I'm having. So it's not due to my "noob inability". I do in fact know what I'm doing. Lol

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Figured i just show the battery stats page. So we are getting 2 hours for battery life.

yellowman82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Lol bet DK is like "omg wth is wrong with noobs these days to much post of the same issues that's been said already for the love of god read the OP and thread" lmao I get a kick at this cuz I consider myself to still be a noob but damn I'm not like these noobs here lol

Reactions: Downtown Taco

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well for the people complaining about hard bricks we already know what happened. I highly suggest reading the directions from top to bottom or you may be without a device. Not my problem. there have been zero reports of bricking when users FOLLOWED MY DIRECTIONS AND ACTUALLY READ MY OP. If you flash this rom FROM ANY I MEAN ANY ICS RECOVERY WHETHER THEY CLAIM ITS SAFE OR NOT"""""""""DONT DO IT"""""""""""""This is the last warning on this subject.

Reactions: yellowman82

tamathdb

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Could Google now cause battery drain? I mean cmon when we didn't have 100% working Google now the battery was good on cm 9 on the alphas now we got Google now in cm10 and all in the sudden phone keeps awakening

I'm using a fully functional Google Now on CM9 and haven't seen my battery decrease any faster.

armouring

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting LoS and random screen wakes on Beta 4 with Lowrider gapps. Toggling airplane mode doesn't get back service either. If I connect to wifi and disconnect then I will no longer have 3G data until I reboot as well. Here's my course of action to install, just for anyone who was curious.

- Odined to EL29.
- Used Odin to flash EL26_StockCWM.
- Rebooted into recovery, wiped data, cache, and dalvik-cache.
- Flashed the ROM then flashed the gapps.

Doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary, I think it's a pretty normal install. But amazing progress so far considering how long this ROM has been out.

yellowman82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well for the people complaining about hard bricks we already know what happened. I highly suggest reading the directions from top to bottom or you may be without a device. Not my problem. there have been zero reports of bricking when users FOLLOWED MY DIRECTIONS AND ACTUALLY READ MY OP. If you flash this rom FROM ANY I MEAN ANY ICS RECOVERY WHETHER THEY CLAIM ITS SAFE OR NOT"""""""""DONT DO IT"""""""""""""This is the last warning on this subject.

You should add this in the OP even tho as we can see majority don't read it but maybe it will help and end the repeated post and questions being asked.

And to some if the new folks out there that are just flashing this rom you guys are posting issues that DK and others knows about already if you wanna help instead of posting issues that are already known and being worked on post a logcat instead that will help much better.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Mr. Dark, I want to verify that the likely issue for the screen-on bug is indeed gapps. I have flashed this rom without flashing gapps and my phone is sleeping like a swaddled baby. I installed all my apps and turned on wifi as well just as a controlled variable.

Edit: The battery graph has smoothed out as well. Rather than a spikey jagged slope it is now a smooth line.

Edit 2: Tried to make an outgoing call, wouldn't ring, phone got stuck at hang up. Turned on all roaming settings. FIXED.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca