[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmperorX

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/03/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 4]

Hey guys, I'm green as grass when it comes to flashing, I keep getting system 7 errors when i try to flash any rom, not just CM10, but CM9 as well, could anyone help me out? I can't seem to find any information on it online :( Here is some of my info:

Baseband version:
S:D710.10 S.EL29

Kernel Version:
2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EL29-CL852097

Build number:
GINGERBREAD.EL29

Hardware Version:
D710.10

Any and all help is appreciated

If you are this green I don't think this is the rom for you right now. It is not usable (for most people) as a daily driver right now. I don't think you'd want to get stuck with something you don't know how to fix... It sounds to me like you are trying to flash from an unsafe recovery with that error? But i'm not sure. I'd advise you to try CM9 if you want everything to work as you should expect, for the most part. Do not flash any of the alphas, instead USE THE INSTRUCTIONS that are along with the alphas but flash the new 8/3 version (they have nightlies now) released by shabbypenguin on goo.im. This will give you excellent battery life and essentially everything is fully functional and you won't have to worry about flashing another kernel after the fact. Also, odin el26 recovery beforehand just to be safe (as per the instructions) since you don't want to risk bricking your device since it sounds like you are very new to this (no disrespect intended).

yellowman82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm green as grass when it comes to flashing, I keep getting system 7 errors when i try to flash any rom, not just CM10, but CM9 as well, could anyone help me out? I can't seem to find any information on it online :( Here is some of my info:

Baseband version:
S:D710.10 S.EL29

Kernel Version:
2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EL29-CL852097

Build number:
GINGERBREAD.EL29

Hardware Version:
D710.10

Any and all help is appreciated

Shows that your flashing from el29 kernel when it should be el26.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I just discovered that if you enable airplane mode, the screen doesn't wake back up. Can somebody else please confirm this??

Confirmed. Also, when charging I don't get wake locks. And even off charger they are gone. So far I need a reboot to have the wake locks reappear.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DEF3NDER

kidgonesmall

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I am really new to this, but I found that I can't seem to fill up the homepage with icons, there are always 2 empty spots left that I can't drag apps or widgets into.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Could somebody give me detailed instructions on how to do this please?
I've wiped and flashed and re-flashed and re-wiped a bunch and it WON'T STOP BOOT LOOPING/

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

getting random reboots, phone no longer overheats, random LOS, FC on messaging when I initate a text, other apps FC when I change settings in the apps, no media in bluetooth as yet.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
getting random reboots, phone no longer overheats, random LOS, FC on messaging when I initate a text, other apps FC when I change settings in the apps, no media in bluetooth as yet.

Where do I even start? Did you use any app data backup tool like Titanium backup? Did you restore anything with that tool from ICS? Media in bluetooth not playing is a known issue with aosp jellybean. Random los is gapps related. Messaging FCing is not an issue for anyone of my testers nor any other user.

That should about cover it. :thumbup::cool:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting ready to punch this los right in the face :mad:. I don't get what in gapps could be causing this. It's hurting my primitive brain trying to figure out what it could be lol. Where is Bill Nye the Science guy when you need him? Or Neo.

Status
Not open for further replies.