[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mithunm93

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/03/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 4]

Hey, I really appreciate the response, I've been looking around some more, and it looks to me that i need to be flashing from el26 instead of el29.... how do I switch that?

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

images

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Where do I even start? Did you use any app data backup tool like Titanium backup? Did you restore anything with that tool from ICS? Media in bluetooth not playing is a known issue with aosp jellybean. Random los is gapps related. Messaging FCing is not an issue for anyone of my testers nor any other user.

That should about cover it. :thumbup::cool:

I restored apps through my backup pro, the FC on messaging is whenever I select a person to send a text to and then attempt to write a message it FC. I know about the media issue I was just stating it. random LOS i've tried various Gapps and still happens - not just yours. I do I fix the FC issues its making using this ROM less and less likely for me.

mcgleevn

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Come on dude, this is in no way a dd... I hate reading the same complaints and whining, its freag'n beta with obvious faults if you'd take 3 seconds to read this forum...

once again, thank you dk2 for bringing this to a device that probably will never have official support... its unfortunate to see ppl be so impatient

also: running FB14 with dk2's 7/29 gapps; wakelock and one LOS since about noon today

Last edited:

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm befouled on what the LOS and random screen wakes could be...I flashed B4 last night and tested it through out the day today. All known issues, although, the screen wakes occurred a lot less. LOS? Now that's a different story!

Great job DK and sorry I can't be more of a help on this!!

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys, just don't think I'm quite understanding what I've read.
Is GApps the cause for both LoS AND no deep sleep or just LoS?
I'm still experiencing massive LoS (3 hours of battery before dead without airplane mode) and no deep sleep either. Sorry to bother, I just would like to understand so I could maybe help!

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

All you have to do is go into security and enable automatic response in SU. There is no need for a root fix.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Dk would it be possible to start another thread? people that obviously have no idea what they are doing and do not know how to follow a simple directions set. 164 pages and maybe 100 or so are duplicates and people not reading the op or thread...

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

All you have to do is go into security and enable automatic response in SU. There is no need for a root fix.

But, what happens if you download a malicious app? Then you just granted access and exposed every part of your system, in which 9 out of 10 times the app will steal your personal information AND/OR crash your system and drive it inoperable. I'll just stay with my flashed version. It's always been more stable for me. :cool:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Dk would it be possible to start another thread? this one is getting too over run with boobs and people that obviously have no idea what they are doing. 164 pages and maybe 100 or so are duplicates and people not reading the op or thread...

Uh, it's only 66 pages my man. And Paul cleans up the posts usually. It's just more people come everyday and it gets hard to find important info in this thread now. :-\

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dk would it be possible to start another thread? this one is getting too over run with noobs and people that obviously have no idea what they are doing. 164 pages and maybe 100 or so are duplicates and people not reading the op or thread...

The mods will close the thread AGAIN to remove all the non-related comments or unnecessary comments.

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

Reactions: sosovoo

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Is Lowrider GApps no longer recommended? Just wondering cause New JB GApps is the only download link on the OP and if that's the case, I figured you should remove the Lowrider GApps suggestion in the OP or re-add the link for it :)

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a quick question that is related to some of the problems we have all been having.

Why is it that many times a kernel can cause battery drain on new roms? I thought a kernel was essentialy a set of drivers. Is it just that there is inefficient communication and code and it gets better as it is refined by the developers? Ive looked multiple places to understand our issues better but havent found satisfactory answers.

Forgive the noob question, I'm just trying to understand our problems better so I can help make this rom better and support dk better.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Is Lowrider GApps no longer recommended? Just wondering cause New JB GApps is the only download link on the OP and if that's the case, I figured you should remove the Lowrider GApps suggestion in the OP or re-add the link for it :)

Yes, if he removed it from the OP, then he no longer recommends it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463