[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey DK, quick question...what kernel are you using for B4? Because I'm using your modified kernel that was posted to test on B3 with B4

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

Glt5000

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/03/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 4]

So it sounds like you are no longer experiencing this then. Were you still committed to using TB again, or did you reflash and not use it, to get things to normal?

haven't had a chance to re flash yet without the TB had to recharge my phone :p will try it without and report back

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I just remembered something, I was using a rom on my samsung mesmerize 2 years ago at Disney World and as soon as I got out of Illinois I lost signal, no service. In fact to get back service while at was at Disney World I dialed 911, and immediately hungup. I instantly had signal the moment I did that , 3g and all. After getting back to my hotel room I was able to flash completely back to stock and had no other issues, so it is completely feasible it could be the rom. There was no custom kernel or gapps that I was using it was a TW rom. Just a thought...

you realize that in most jurisdictions in the United States that law enforcement is supposed to respond to even a 911 call that you hang up on?

I would NOT recommend doing this method unless you want some visitors with flashing lights responding to your location. ..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Is there anyone who is running this rom with an older modem? El26, EL29? What is your experience?

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

you realize that in most jurisdictions in the United States that law enforcement is supposed to respond to even a 911 call that you hang up on?

I would NOT recommend doing this method unless you want some visitors with flashing lights responding to your location. ..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Completely aware as they called me back in 1 second and knew where i was standing within 10 feet. Do not judge me, that was a very common thing to have to do. Not anymore though obviously we have come further in development.
:) Got a warning and obviously didn't care to try that again... lol

16cocopuffs

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

So I flashed the ROM successfully, but instead of using the Gapps that were provided in the thread, I googled the official gapps version. The ones that are 7/26. I haven't experienced any LoS at all. I flashed using EL26. I'm still getting the random screen wakes or screen ons or whatever you guys called it. I tried to provide as much info as possible. :)

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So.. has anyone tested the app called "signal finder" from the play store? I have used with every single rom that I test and use as daily drivers.. I have never had LOS when using this app and with my JB tests that I have done, I did not have LOS at all..

Give it a try, I bet more will use as daily driver once you test Signal Finder

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/03 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So.. has anyone tested the app called "signal finder" from the play store? I have used with every single rom that I test and use as daily drivers.. I have never had LOS when using this app and with my JB tests that I have done, I did not have LOS at all..

Give it a try, I bet more will use as daily driver once you test Signal Finder

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/03 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

That did absolutely nothing for me. :p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Not one wake lock at all after using b4 most of the day.

I have lock screen sound enabled
15 seconds till screen off
Never did a titanium restore.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Beta 4
LW gapps 5.4.1
FF18 modem

I do have spotty signal as in I show bars in my signal bar but have to wait for any command to respond that is data related. During this time my upload arrow shows but he download arrow never appears. Looks like we can send data but are having issues downloading

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

after 3 wipes and a restore, no more FC on any apps, but I am still using Lowriders Gapps - should I change to the one posted in the OP? Everything seems to be working ok - short moment of LOS but has been fine since. I was in Pathmark could have been the location.

ffolkes

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site

Skip gapps and side load playstore apk?

I don't think you can have that without the services apk too. When I tried the store kept saying "Server error" until I put the services back, then it connected fine again.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Completely aware as they called me back in 1 second and knew where i was standing within 10 feet. Do not judge me, that was a very common thing to have to do. Not anymore though obviously we have come further in development.
:) Got a warning and obviously didn't care to try that again... lol

Airplane mode on then off would have done exactly the same thing.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Haha yeah I have literally spent all entire day trying out different ideas and messing with settings. We will figure it out eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome