[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
That did absolutely nothing for me. :p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Really? You still get LOS as much as you do without it?

I can see a noticeable difference when I use it.. its supposed to help your phone stay connected to the closest tower to where you are.. I live pretty much directly in the middle of 3 towers. Without the app, I will bounce between the three towers periodically, but with the app, my phone stays connected to the one that's closest, by 30 ft..

I guess YMMV..

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/03 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/03/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 4]

Really? You still get LOS as much as you do without it?

I can see a noticeable difference when I use it.. its supposed to help your phone stay connected to the closest tower to where you are.. I live pretty much directly in the middle of 3 towers. Without the app, I will bounce between the three towers periodically, but with the app, my phone stays connected to the one that's closest, by 30 ft..

I guess YMMV..

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/03 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

I tried this app and it did nothing for me. I also have an AirRave femtocell and signal is perfect in my place and I still experience LOS.

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

To save some time, the answer to the next stupid question is to bash your face against a table until you either have the answer or the foresight to get onto a ROM that you can handle. Way too many people are being outmatched by this build and patience is required for us as a group to figure out these things. Please, if you're going to post a problem, at least list your phone's configuration: ROM build, gapps version, modem and if you used Titanium Backup. This will help in troubleshooting and for statistical aggregation.

Agreed very much, but chill. Newbies are people too. I'm a total newbie but I can still help with testing if people are patient when I don't quite understand something. Don't make Paul come back for the umpteenth time and slap us into shape. I'd like this thread to stay open.

Reactions: Downtown Taco

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Anyone having LoS may want to take a look at this: [MOD] LoSD - LoS Repair Daemon v1.3.0 [Updated 2012-01-13] - xda-developers

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

The thing is, that is a bandaid. There was a time when LOS couldn't be fixed by anyone but Samsung, which they did in the EK02 update. Nobody could figure it out, or why it happened more frequently on kernels built from the EG30 source code. So Viperboy came up with a script that would restart the radio daemon upon a LOS event, and this guy picked the project up until LOS because a dinosaur and everyone moved on to greener pastures.

This LOS is not happening on the stock system. It's happening on AOSP code and kernel created in the fashion of Dr. Frankenstein. The LoS Daemon is nice if you have no alternatives, but people running this ROM are testers, not end users, and end users should be sticking with known working and stable daily drivers and staying away from cutting edge software. Running a LOS script doesn't help test and fix the issue, which should be the primary goal.

My 2 bits on the matter FWIW.

By the way, I'll say it again ... the LOS issue (and probably the battery drain issues too) is VERY LIKELY related to the kernel. You're probably witnessing first hand why AOSP developers hate CDMA devices.

Reactions: Downtown Taco

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Kies air & Sprint TV confirmed working.
47ea6847-fff8-23bf.jpg

47ea6847-0038-8ad1.jpg

firegoblin

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Just installed his using the instructions in the op and now my phone can't obtain root access? Tried everything I can think of to fix it. Any ideas

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Reactions: firegoblin

censura_umbra

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

The thing is, that is a bandaid. There was a time when LOS couldn't be fixed by anyone but Samsung, which they did in the EK02 update. Nobody could figure it out, or why it happened more frequently on kernels built from the EG30 source code. So Viperboy came up with a script that would restart the radio daemon upon a LOS event, and this guy picked the project up until LOS because a dinosaur and everyone moved on to greener pastures.

This LOS is not happening on the stock system. It's happening on AOSP code and kernel created in the fashion of Dr. Frankenstein. The LoS Daemon is nice if you have no alternatives, but people running this ROM are testers, not end users, and end users should be sticking with known working and stable daily drivers and staying away from cutting edge software. Running a LOS script doesn't help test and fix the issue, which should be the primary goal.

My 2 bits on the matter FWIW.

By the way, I'll say it again ... the LOS issue (and probably the battery drain issues too) is VERY LIKELY related to the kernel. You're probably witnessing first hand why AOSP developers hate CDMA devices.

Did you read the thread???

The script does many helpful things.

A) it will monitor your Los status and fix it for you, so you hopefully won't miss much.
B) it can auto-save logs every time this happens.

Soooo basically testers can test it longer, AND it is easy to pull the logs

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you read the thread???

The script does many helpful things.

A) it will monitor your Los status and fix it for you, so you hopefully won't miss much.
B) it can auto-save logs every time this happens.

Soooo basically testers can test it longer, AND it is easy to pull the logs

Yeah I read every post, many many months ago. I guess my point was probably not made well. I'll leave it at that. If people find value in using it when running this ROM then all the power to them.

censura_umbra

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I read every post, many many months ago. I guess my point was probably not made well. I'll leave it at that. If people find value in using it when running this ROM then all the power to them.

I meant, even just the OP would have told that info.

Do I think that the mod will work? No, because it is made for GB and no one has mentioned any success with it.

Would something designed for JB like this work? Yes, absolutely.

-----------

I just downloaded DKs Beta 4 (btw, 4Shared is terrible) but it was only 45,000 KB... That seems WAY too small to be a ROM, did I get a bad download?

Okay, redownloading, it Says 150mb this time, but it is still downloading just as fast....but it seems to fully download this time

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I meant, even just the OP would have told that info.

Do I think that the mod will work? No, because it is made for GB and no one has mentioned any success with it.

Would something designed for JB like this work? Yes, absolutely.

The thing is, the logs are meant to report why when a LOS event occurred, the LoSD daemon didn't catch it. It really wasn't designed to discover the reason LOS was happening in the first place. This script (and the work Viperboy did prior to it) got really good at identifying what was taking place when a LOS event occurred, but not why.

Reactions: censura_umbra

darkleo

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

hey,
i don't know what's wrong, but i'm following the procedure correctly and still the installation is getting aborted. its giving an error of status 7. could anyone help me out.

thanks in advance.

peace.

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
hey,
i don't know what's wrong, but i'm following the procedure correctly and still the installation is getting aborted. its giving an error of status 7. could anyone help me out.

thanks in advance.

peace.

Make sure to use the correct recovery and maybe download the rom again.. did you verify the md5 sum?

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/04 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

sonic7z

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm unable to download/update anything on the Play Store on Beta 4. I can DL and install apps from third party sources. Is this normal?

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Where's the md5? I don't see one

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk

Hmm, you're right.. I didn't even notice that.. maybe op can post it..

I didn't flash this build yet so I haven't needed to check md5 yet,.

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/04 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki