[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you know how hard that will be?! Lol so no browsing? I don't make much calls but still lol

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

What's harder, delaying the development cycle by toying with the phone, reporting back junk information because the phone's ecosystem has been polluted and waiting potentially weeks longer before these issues get sorted out or waiting two hours to report back accurate information to the developer? There's an unsaid contract that when you flash beta software that you will report accurate information to the developer as your part to aide the progress of the ROM. You can browse, just please use the stock browser and don't install Chrome, Dolphin, etc. :)

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
What if I don't have a PC to use? :/

How did you get a "custom recovery" loaded on your phone in the first place? There is Mobile Odin in the market. It costs a few dollars and I've never personally used it. I'd suggest reading up on how to use Odin or watching QBKing77's videos on You Tube to familiarize yourself with the process and mitigate your risk of bricking your phone. Then, elicit the help of someone with a computer who will let you download Odin...

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
DK, no LOS with phone uptime at 31 minutes. Been calling voicemail every 7-10 minutes. Going to let the phone rest for the next 30 and see if I still am camped. FYI, had terrible LOS on B4, so optimistic...

dubmanium

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
DK, no LOS with phone uptime at 31 minutes. Been calling voicemail every 7-10 minutes. Going to let the phone rest for the next 30 and see if I still am camped. FYI, had terrible LOS on B4, so optimistic...

I am getting lots of los. had no los when let it sitting on wifi without touching it. then went outside to walk my dog, took phone and los happened instantly after 1 sms

organizedConfusion

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
How did you get a "custom recovery" loaded on your phone in the first place? There is Mobile Odin in the market. It costs a few dollars and I've never personally used it. I'd suggest reading up on how to use Odin or watching QBKing77's videos on You Tube to familiarize yourself with the process and mitigate your risk of bricking your phone. Then, elicit the help of someone with a computer who will let you download Odin...

I Have mobile Odin, but I don't have root access on this ROM, something went wrong I guess. I'm running beta 3 of this ROM. None of my apps can get superuser permissions.

I have the CMW 6 that came with the ROM, and I want to restore my nandroid because it is el26 with cmw5.0.2.7. But I don't Know if its safe. People have told Me it is and others not.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
What's harder, delaying the development cycle by toying with the phone, reporting back junk information because the phone's ecosystem has been polluted and waiting potentially weeks longer before these issues get sorted out or waiting two hours to report back accurate information to the developer? There's an unsaid contract that when you flash beta software that you will report accurate information to the developer as your part to aide the progress of the ROM. You can browse, just please use the stock browser and don't install Chrome, Dolphin, etc. :)

I'm all for giving the information on what I experience and I don't use chrome anyway, its more buggy than the alpha builds of this ROM lol
Edit: also, should I not install the gapps when flashing RC1 ?

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I Have mobile Odin, but I don't have root access on this ROM, something went wrong I guess. I'm running beta 3 of this ROM. None of my apps can get superuser permissions.

I have the CMW 6 that came with the ROM, and I want to restore my nandroid because it is el26 with cmw5.0.2.7. But I don't Know if its safe. People have told Me it is and others not.

I posted a root fix a few days ago... I'll reiterate... go to the Super User App, click settings, go to security and set some setting (don't remember what) to allow. Basically it doesn't popup to ask you to grant privileges. I'd suggest searching to find the exact instructions if that doesn't help.

If you Nandroid from that recovery, you will likely brick your phone.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm all for giving the information on what I experience and I don't use chrome anyway, its more buggy than the alpha builds of this ROM lol
Edit: also, should I not install the gapps when flashing RC1 ?

Please install Gapps 20120717. I believe it's been posted into the OP now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX