[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedConfusion

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I posted a root fix a few days ago... I'll reiterate... go to the Super User App, click settings, go to security and set some setting (don't remember what) to allow. Basically it doesn't popup to ask you to grant privileges. I'd suggest searching to find the exact instructions if that doesn't help.

If you Nandroid from that recovery, you will likely brick your phone.

Ahh sorry, I remember reading it now that you said but I completely forgot. My apologies.

Thanks so much for your help though :)

agentfazexx

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Battery is pretty bad still. Draining 2% every 5 minutes or so... No screen wakes, and on wifi. Android OS and Screen are the top two draining the battery.

mikey80021

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
IN relation to GApps causing wakelock and LoS, (not sure if you've fixed this yet, but a theory...) is it possible that when GApps tries to sync or otherwise communicate with the servers, there is something causing it to come out of sleep/ not sleep? and also, is it possible that while trying to communicate, that it is causing it to drop a signal, and not bring it back? If I'm way off on this, sorry, just a thought I had while reading through the post...

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
DK, 1 hour, 7 minutes in, no LOS so far. 30 minutes idle and still connected. Just turned on wifi and settings froze, had to FC, but connected to wifi immediately after that. Made a test call and connected with wifi on. Texts still coming in too.

EDIT: Just tried to reply to a text while wi-fi is on and met LOS. Cycled airplane on and off and still no service. Went into settings and turned mobile data on and off. Still no service. Reboot was only way to recamp.

Last edited:

hrffd

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
[STRIKE]
I added an Extended Power Menu as well. Does it function as it should?

I've been looking for this and the theme chooser just to test them out and I don't see them in the released build?[/STRIKE]

Nevermind i'm dumb, was looking for extended toggles for data/wifi but didn't realize it was power menu. Lol. Really liking RC1, a little LoS with 3G but I can deal :)

Last edited:

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
have you stayed on the same tower?traveled any distance?

Nope, been in my living room camped on my AirRave. Did one more cycle of airplane mode before the reboot and it came back. Testing with Wi-Fi on now. I suspect something is broken between the interoperablity of WiFi and 3g. Perhaps when Wi-Fi turns off 3g, it also turns off 1xRTT...just a theory right now...

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
DK, 1 hour, 7 minutes in, no LOS so far. 30 minutes idle and still connected. Just turned on wifi and settings froze, had to FC, but connected to wifi immediately after that. Made a test call and connected with wifi on. Texts still coming in too.

EDIT: Just tried to reply to a text while wi-fi is on and met LOS. Cycled airplane on and off and still no service. Went into settings and turned mobile data on and off. Still no service. Reboot was only way to recamp.

This is what I have been saying. It definitley has something to do with wifi. That is the only time I ever get los. When you turn wifi back off the los stays though till a reboot. Maybe it is coincidence but I dunno...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This is what I have been saying. It definitley has something to do with wifi. That is the only time I ever get los. When you turn wifi back off the los stays though till a reboot. Maybe it is coincidence but I dunno...

I noticed on B4 that turning off Wi-Fi extended my periods of service before LOS. Out of curiosity, do you have your Wi-Fi sleep set to keep on always or off when sleeping? Another theory that I'm wondering about is if the constant switching of Wi-Fi on and off (and in turn the transcever for 3g/data) is causing the transcever to become stuck in either a half on/off state or just misses an update somewhere to turn back on...going to do some testing on that later...

NoDiggity247

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
ok i read and read and read and still see no answer if you can make and recieve calls??? I had to go back to my daily becuase i would always run into call problems i could careless about 3g. Can anyone confirm working calls without rebooting or doing other stuff please thank you. so i can flash this bad boy....again (15th time lol) ;)

I am having the same issues. Have to reboot from time to time. Try RC1. I will be as soon as i can get 7-17 GApps

kuttykartel

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking for this and the theme chooser just to test them out and I don't see them in the released build?

Theme chooser is missing from the settings, BUT extended power menu is there.

DK, been on RC1 for about an hour and a half. Only had two instances of LOS, once while charging and once while idling on battery. Full wipe, clean install with the gapps you posted with this build in op. Running FF18 modem.

Camera and video recording are working. Playback in video I recorded was a iffy...video would start playing then go to black screen. Playback resumed if I hit the play button. YouTube playback works. Haven't tested Google now and no third party apps are installed yet.

Only thing missing or weird for me is theme chooser not showing up in settings, even though it shows up in system/apps. Good going...this ROM just keeps getting better and better.
:cool:

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I noticed on B4 that turning off Wi-Fi extended my periods of service before LOS. Out of curiosity, do you have your Wi-Fi sleep set to keep on always or off when sleeping? Another theory that I'm wondering about is if the constant switching of Wi-Fi on and off (and in turn the transcever for 3g/data) is causing the transcever to become stuck in either a half on/off state or just misses an update somewhere to turn back on...going to do some testing on that later...

Did anyone try not using Wi-Fi at all?

Okay, just cycled wifi on and off 10 times in a row, making a call between each cycle. No LOS.

Made a call and cycled wifi on and off while call was active and no LOS.

May be coincidences that we noticed...

I'd like for others to try the same experiment and report back if Wi-Fi switching caused LOS.

Also, perhaps we should try an hour or half an hour of Wi-Fi on and report LOS and then the same with Wi-Fi off and report LOS to compare numbers.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Just hit my 2nd LOS with Wi-Fi on. Dialer hung after terminating the call. Made call 6 minutes after last successful outbound call. Cycled airplane mode twice and turned wifi off. Dialer would not make outbound calls until phone was rebooted.

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Maybe, but I kind of doubt it's related to wifi. Toggling airplane mode typically doesn't resolve LOS. It requires restarting the entire radio daemon, which is what that LOS script did. Also, back in the "LOS days", I recall that is was pretty common for people on AirRaves for whatever reason.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: anakin_sw

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe, but I kind of doubt it's related to wifi. Toggling airplane mode typically doesn't resolve LOS. It requires restarting the entire radio daemon, which is what that LOS script did. Also, back in the "LOS days", I recall that is was pretty common for people on AirRaves for whatever reason.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Common on AirRaves...that's news to me...but good info. I have abysmal signal, but perhaps I'll try unplugging my AirRave, camp on the actual network and see what happens. Just wondering...do you have any more insight to the AirRave issue? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7