[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The best way to force an LOS to get a logcat would be to get in the car and drive to an area you know is a low signal area.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Okay doke. I disconnected my AirRave...though I was getting lots of LOS on that. I get one bar if I'm lucky without the AirRave...so fingers crossed for a good logcat!

kuttykartel

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, seems like you may be "fixed" for the moment. I still suspect everybody has the LOS bug, but it's not obvious until certain circumstances are present. Mine is elusive with periods of awesome reliability and others not.

XDA has seriously PO'd me and I've been there for years. It's overrun with crap developers who post halfbaked dangerous builds and 15 yr olds whining about nonsense. The way I look at it is everybody has to cut their teeth somewhere and it seems to be the XDA these days. I remember when it was a true dev community. Anywho, I'd say that DK is every bit as good as any given dev on XDA, but I can't...because NOBODY on XDA has a functional JB ROM for our phone. ;)

Same here. Was having it like every tens mins or so while charging earlier, but can't get los to save my life while trying to get a logcat for you. I'm almost at a full charge, no los for about an hour! :)

Is this what is meant by a ROM+kernel settling in?

censura_umbra

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So I have been testing beta 4.

I have found that without gapps I have almost no wake locks, no Los, and it can deep sleep. I was getting good battery life too.

Installed gapps and connected to WiFi (not sure which is the culprit)
Much more wake locks, still deep sleep. And now I can text all I want, but at some point if I make a call, the phone will freeze, and then I cant text either. So I airplane mode it, it is fixed, I can text, no problem, make a call, it freezes, then I can't send texts.

For me there is definitely a problem with the phone app. Something is interfering with it and causing Los. Idk if it is gapps or WiFi though. But been off of WiFi for an hour and just had the same issue.

Going to try rc1 now

izzibew26

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
on a side note a nice gun safe works well to kill a signal. does it provide any useful info if the signal just pops back up? i would assume the logcat would only be useful in that instance if the signal didnt return immediately. please correct me if my logic is skewed.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
on a side note a nice gun safe works well to kill a signal. does it provide any useful info if the signal just pops back up? i would assume the logcat would only be useful in that instance if the signal didnt return immediately. please correct me if my logic is skewed.

I believe this LOS issue isn't because of a lack of signal. It seems most people who are experiencing it have decent signal. It's because the transceiver stop responding somehow...

dubmanium

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
my logcat is showing a lot of location warnings and errors. Some gtalk connection errors with xmppconnection, and this.

logcat
E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivit yResult(Instrumentation.java:1545) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity (Instrumentation.java:1416) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(A ctivity.java:3351) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(A ctivity.java:3312) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.j ava:3522) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.j ava:3490) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at jackpal.androidterm.Term.doEmailTranscript(Te rm.java:897) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at jackpal.androidterm.Term.onOptionsItemSelecte d(Term.java:607) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.app.Activity.onMenuItemSelected(Activ ity.java:2534) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow. onMenuItemSelected(PhoneWindow.java:958) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at com.android.internal.view.menu.MenuBuilder.di spatchMenuItemSelected(MenuBuilder.java:735) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at com.android.internal.view.menu.MenuItemImpl.i nvoke(MenuItemImpl.java:149) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at com.android.internal.view.menu.MenuBuilder.pe rformItemAction(MenuBuilder.java:874) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at com.android.internal.view.menu.ListMenuPresen ter.onItemClick(ListMenuPresenter.java:166) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.widget.AdapterView.performItemClick(A dapterView.java:298) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.widget.AbsListView.performItemClick(A bsListView.java:1086) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.widget.AbsListView$PerformClick.run(A bsListView.java:2855) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.widget.AbsListView$1.run(AbsListView. java:3529) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.jav a:615) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.ja va:92) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThrea d.java:4896) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:5 11) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndA rgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:788) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Zygot eInit.java:555) E/AndroidRuntime( 3176): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method) W/ActivityManager( 2066): Force finishing activity jackpal.androidterm/.Term W/ActivityManager( 2066): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{41f039c0 jac kpal.androidterm/.Term} W/ActivityManager( 2066): Scheduling restart of crashed service jackpal.androidt erm/.TermService in 5000ms W/InputMethodManagerService( 2066): Got RemoteException sending setActive(false) notification to pid 3176 uid 10034 W/ActivityManager( 2066): Activity destroy timeout for ActivityRecord{41f039c0 j ackpal.androidterm/.Term} W/Sidekick_GmmLocationProviderImpl( 2869): Unable to bind to GMM NLP W/ActivityManager( 2066): Unable to start service Intent { act=com.google.androi d.location.internal.GMM_NLP (has extras) }: not found W/PowerUI ( 2165): unknown intent: Intent { act=android.intent.action.ACTION_POW ER_CONNECTED flg=0x8000010 } W/ThrottleService( 2066): unable to find stats for iface ppp0 W/Sidekick_GmmLocationProviderImpl( 2869): Unable to bind to GMM NLP W/ActivityManager( 2066): Unable to start service Intent { act=com.google.androi d.location.internal.GMM_NLP (has extras) }: not found W/Sidekick_GmmLocationProviderImpl( 2869): Unable to bind to GMM NLP W/ActivityManager( 2066): Unable to start service Intent { act=com.google.androi d.location.internal.GMM_NLP (has extras) }: not found

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys are any of you having issues with MMS? Just would like to know, I am and it might just be my edits.

Sent from my SCH-R760ro.product.brand=Samsung using Android Central Forums

Glt5000

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
HA! looks like I took to long to update my last posting with out a TB restore, I did do it however and no LOS for a while until switched from WiFi back to 3g/4g I'm DLing RC1 Now and will provide logcats asap

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys are any of you having issues with MMS? Just would like to know, I am and it might just be my edits.

Sent from my SCH-R760ro.product.brand=Samsung using Android Central Forums

Could be more specific what you mean by issues?
That's not really all that helpful -.-

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind fixed it myself. Normally if one is having issues with MMS, that means that one cannot send/receive picture messages, etc.

I understand what the issue CAN be lol. But theres literally hundreds of issues one can have with MMS. Specificity is your friend ;)

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I understand what the issue CAN be lol. But theres literally hundreds of issues one can have with MMS. Specificity is your friend ;)

No worries, it still puzzles me that everyone seems to be having wakelock/or LOS .I have no issues ( except for the one mms issue I fixed do to my error). I can switch between wifi and 3g and be perfectly fine, in fact the bars and everything seem to be working flawlessly. Deep sleep as soon as i hit the power button and absolutely no waking up unless I want it to. No LOS when charging, and no random reboots. Torch, camera, gps, wifi, 3g, mms, sms, calls, no los, deep sleeps, google now, bluetooth(except for media), marketplace, battery life, etc etc all normal. ::shrug::

Last edited:

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
No worries, it still puzzles me that everyone seems to be having wakelock/or LOS .I have no issues ( except for the one mms issue I fixed do to my error). I can switch between wifi and 3g and be perfectly fine, in fact the bars and everything seem to be working flawlessly. Deep sleep as soon as i hit the power button and absolutely no waking up unless I want it to. No LOS when charging, and no random reboots. Torch, camera, gps, wifi, 3g, mms, sms, calls, no los, deep sleeps, google now, bluetooth(except for media), marketplace, battery life, etc etc all normal. ::shrug::

...what is this magic? :eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.