[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoAmI

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Gave CM10 a shot and have decided to go back to your AOKP Stable 2 ROM. While I love the "butter" on here, I've just run into too many problems. Namely:
- The dalvik cache gets rebuilt after each restart (which takes some time!)
- I've had random reboots (Ex: After going to the Battery in settings)
- I just miss to many of my customization from CM9/AOKP :)

I will be watching your threads though in the future!

Thanks again for your hard work!

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Gave CM10 a shot and have decided to go back to your AOKP Stable 2 ROM. While I love the "butter" on here, I've just run into too many problems. Namely:
- The dalvik cache gets rebuilt after each restart (which takes some time!)
- I've had random reboots (Ex: After going to the Battery in settings)
- I just miss to many of my customization from CM9/AOKP :)

I will be watching your threads though in the future!

Thanks again for your hard work!

its been said time and time again. this is not for everyone. :)

yellowman82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Im going to have Jayharper08 (XDA Moderator) shut down that xda thread. Way to many smart butts, know it alls, and noobs are making there way over here and ruining this amazing community :(

I was just about to tell you that's what you should do talk with Jay and have it closed that's what making this thread worst xda is full of morons more than it have decent smart folks because of the morons not following directions sbrissen thread kinda got destroyed it seems like he took a break because of it so last build that is out is the 8/3 build.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Do what you gotta do DK, it has been an honor to work with you and I will be looking forward to your return so we can continue this success. I am sorry you are so frustrated, but I believe we all are. Take it easy man.

nothingblooms

Reactions: sosovoo

yellowman82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Do what you gotta do DK, it has been an honor to work with you and I will be looking forward to your return so we can continue this success. I am sorry you are so frustrated, but I believe we all are. Take it easy man.

nothingblooms

It doesn't have to end like this. I've been following this thread and the progress you guys are making it still haven't flash or try this rom since there's LoS and battery issue but many times I come thru to read what's going on I see it be full of noobs asking the same question and posting the same post over and over and over again and it saddens me really

DK you should closed this thread but keep working on it with your testers only and just release it when it's ready.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have to end like this. I've been following this thread and the progress you guys are making it still haven't flash or try this rom since there's LoS and battery issue but many times I come thru to read what's going on I see it be full of noobs asking the same question and posting the same post over and over and over again and it saddens me really

DK you should closed this thread but keep working on it with your testers only and just release it when it's ready.

It is a good idea, however, it is totally up to dk being a dad and everything I know it is important to spend time with your child. I for one have not been doing so since I started this, I will more then be willing to keep being one of your testers you can PM me and the others you deem worthy links to new test builds and kernels. Keep in mind being a dad always comes first and this is a distant 17th!

Reactions: yellowman82

yellowman82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It is a good idea, however, it is totally up to dk being a dad and everything I know it is important to spend time with your child. I for one have not been doing so since I started this, I will more then be willing to keep being one of your testers you can PM me and the others you deem worthy links to new test builds and kernels. Keep in mind being a dad always comes first and this is a distant 17th!

Oh no doubt at all to that I have a 6yr old boy which I spend a lot of time with since I have custody families always first but other then being a flashaholic I do keep myself busy with other hobbies like basketball, working out at the gym and things like that so when I do check xda and ac is mostly to read what's going on with the roms I'm following some of these folks don't understand that everyone has a life including the devs and instead of coming here to make it easy for them they make it worst heck Idk how these devs put up with all the childish BS that goes on around here cuz I get really upset when I see some these useless post on this thread lol.

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Being a father myself I can only imagine all the time you take away from your life to give us this epic rom in the making.

You have my support either way this situation is handled. I look forward to future builds/testing. Till then I hang my hat. Feel free to pm me if you need more testing.

Thank you!

respectfully,
- sosovoo

Last edited:

yellowman82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well back to work I go but take it easy DK hope everything goes well and GL with rom I'm sure you'll get it to where you want it to be :thumbup:

youngville718

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Damn always a few that kills it for the rest of us but hey thanks for all the work you did at least we have jelly bean now something very few believed we would have anytime soon. You deserve a break go out and watch batman rise of the dark knight if you didn't see it....and if you did it wouldn't hurt to watch it again one of the best movies of 2012 lol

hrffd

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Sure go head and install from an ICS Recovery. You will brick. Just make sure you have a stack of papers near by cause you will have a 500 buck paper weight.

I PUT THE DIRECTIONS IN MY OP FOR A REASON. IF YOU DONT LIKE MY REASON THEN DONT FLASH THIS ROM. IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE BY NOT FOLLOWING MY INSTRUCTIONS I WILL LAUGH AT YOU.

He's a little kid purposely ing with you to piss people off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I can't thank dark knight enough for sharing his phenomenal skills, making tremendous strides in development and allowing us to choose to be a part of the process of helping to perfect a truly stable ROM that allows the E4GT to be used to it's full potential. His dedication to this project is admirable and even more commendable considering he's not just dealing with folks here but also a precious newborn. I cannot thank you enough for what you are doing for this device Dark Knight.

That being said, in all my years on AC I've never read a more hostile and downright rude thread on all sides. What happened to the supportive, helpful, learning from each other mindset that the AC community is known for??? It really disturbs me that not only are folks ignoring the most important post in any ROM thread (the OP) but also the disgusting manner that people in this thread seem to be attacking other posters-- totally unproductive and pointless.

Let's help each other, learn from each other and together help dark knight continue his phenomenal progress.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers