[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grafixguy123

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been using this rom now since beta 3 (as a daily, actually, just dealing with any bugs, I love JB too much now!! :) )

I am currently on RC1*, and the only serious issue I'm experiencing is loss of 3g (only 3g, not voice), and the battery drain associated with data loss. If I run in airplane mode, my battery discharges at a rate of about 1%/30 minutes (amazing!!), but if I enable radios (not wifi or BT, just voice and data) my phone runs warm and my battery discharges at a rate of about 1%/2 minutes! I'm guessing this is because I constantly lose 3g connectivity, and a script attempts to reconnect every time, creating a cycle which burninates power faster than trogdor.

I'm posting this to verify that this rom is VERY stable, fast and power lean, EXCEPT with regards to the data radio (and possibly voice, but I haven't experienced issues with that as far as I can tell, at least not on RC1). Hopefully that narrows things down a bit, although you may already know all of this. If you'd like me to logcat anything so that you have more specific information, let me know.

*Build: CM10 RC1, FF18, flashed from EL26w/CWM5 after full data reset and cache/dalvik cache wipe.

tamathdb

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Not all of us coming from XDA are disrespectful and greedy :) I've been following this thread since the beginning, and am constantly amazed by all the time and work DK has put in to this, as well as his testers. It's simply phenomenal! As a father of a 2yr old and a 1 week old, I encourage DK to take some time off and spend time with his loved ones. His child will never be a newborn again, and it is a time he should be cherishing, not dealing with people who can't go through the OP. So go, DK! Enjoy life and put all of this out of your mind! Please!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

cyburke

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Just remember one thing, Gotham needs you. Don't let all the jokers win :p

Seriously though take all the time you need. You have no obligations here.

haha.. this post is awesome.

i'm sad to see that the lamers and jokers are potentially going to cause unrest in DK's fantastically fast release schedule for the CM10 work on our phones.

like DEF3NDER said... don't let the man get you down!

cheers

Glt5000

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
OK DK just a update I've been running RC1 since 6am this morning and wow its so much better the battery is still draining but as stated earlier turning off the radio makes the battery A TON better!! DK this is now my DD (along with my charging cable lol) having JB on my phone before my friends with the Evo LTE are SO JEALOUS!! I cant thank you enough DK, if there is anything I can do to further this ROM let me know

Running RC1 with new GApps no TB restore (stopped doing that) with baked in kernel

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Custodian

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
OK DK just a update I've been running RC1 since 6am this morning and wow its so much better the battery is still draining but as stated earlier turning off the radio makes the battery A TON better!! DK this is now my DD (along with my charging cable lol) having JB on my phone before my friends with the Evo LTE are SO JEALOUS!! I cant thank you enough DK, if there is anything I can do to further this ROM let me know

Running RC1 with new GApps no TB restore (stopped doing that) with baked in kernel

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Battery drain will be a bit intense until the kernel/rom settles in. Give it a couple full cycles, 2-3 days before you judge on it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

ffolkes

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I've consistently noticed that my wakelock issues stem from the radio failing and 3g data going to pieces and causing the lock. However with 3g data disabled, the radio can drop out all it wants and the system won't care. Meaning, if you disable 3g you have a much better chance at maintaining good battery life. Unfortunately this isn't of help to anyone but those that can live with wifi only.

frontlyna

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Rc1 is amazing. No Los and no major battery drain. Deep sleep working as well. Also, for people flashing constantly trying to get this to perform exceptionally, here's what I did. I wiped data, cache, and dalvik regular in el26 recovery. Then I flashed calks format 2 times zip two times. Then wiped cache and dalvik once more then flashed Rom and gapps. After those I once again wiped cache and dalvik and voila! Let it reboot and enjoy.

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Rc1 is amazing. No Los and no major battery drain. Deep sleep working as well. Also, for people flashing constantly trying to get this to perform exceptionally, here's what I did. I wiped data, cache, and dalvik regular in el26 recovery. Then I flashed calks format 2 times zip two times. Then wiped cache and dalvik once more then flashed Rom and gapps. After those I once again wiped cache and dalvik and voila! Let it reboot and enjoy.

Nice to see! What modem are you using?

isaac2k10

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Battery is going to be killer until los is 110% fixed. Im still trying to find the smoking gun. WiFi Supplicant should be fixed now. Just trying to get the omx folder fixed now.

sweet, now if i could only get Lucky Patcher to work (nothing to do with rom). People say it works on JB just can't set the permissions. i can't even get it to stay open :'(

mithunm93

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

n00b here, what is calks format and how do you perform that step you described with it? I get the rest. Thanks!

frontlyna

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Calk was a great dev for this device.However,his zip can be found over on xda just search for it. Once you find it,flash it. It pretty much does all the wiping and system and data formatting for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34