[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have a problem when I put the phone landscape to take a picture the camara thinks is portrait and it keeps changing from portrait to landscape no matter how I hold the phone. Am I the only one with this problem?

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem when I put the phone landscape to take a picture the camara thinks is portrait and it keeps changing from portrait to landscape no matter how I hold the phone. Am I the only one with this problem?

Ive had this happen a lot with videos and still do even with stable roms..

What happens is you have to have the phone in landscape before you press record.. if you start recording then turn sideways it will screw up the rotation and no matter how you hold it, its the wrong way.

You said picture so this might not be your problem but who knows might be the same type of deal.

Reactions: ldudiaz

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
On standard reboot running RC1.2, does the cache & dalvik clear automatically? I noticed that on RC1

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/06 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

doubledjp

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So far on RC1.2:

-No LOS (though I haven't left the house yet. Will update in an hour or so) I received like 40 texts after gaining back service, lol.
-Youtube playback is a tad glitchy
-GPS works
-3G works (slow, as expected in my area)
4G does not connect (though 4G is spotty to begin with in my area)

So far, it's feeling pretty damn smooth.

EDIT: Also, as everyone else stated, the camera isn't working.

Last edited:

maddness247

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Auto-Rotate Switch 2.1.0 from the market works well
just hit the button on your notification bar and it forces it the correct way.
it happens on a few roms

hope that helped

Maddness247

AdriVelazquez

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
That's a really good question. I dug up the old AC blog post about LOS on the Epic 4G Touch ahead of the EK02 update:

The Sprint Epic 4G Touch possibly has a fix on the way soon for loss of signal and other bugs | Android Central

This was what kingsway8605, who got a special push of EK02 directly from an inside source at Samsung before everyone else did, was told about why LOS was occuring ...

To answer your question about US Cellular, if I were to take a stab at it, I have to look at the real in your face difference between the Sprint and US Cellular versions of the phone ... Sprint has WiMax and US Cellular does not. There are obviously other cellular network related differences, but any deeper analysis goes way above my pay grade.

So, here's what we know about LOS on the Epic 4G Touch. It was an issue on the release software version which was EG30. It was fixed in the next update, which was EK02. How it was fixed? No darn clue. But ...

Samsung Open Source Release Center

Scroll down to the SPH D710. I believe the file that does not list a base version is the original release source code (EG30). EK02 is listed. If anyone knows how to compare the kernel source code and identify differences, something may come to light in what Samsung did to fix the issue.

If this is the case, could a possible resolution is to remove support for Wimax, bluetooth, and wifi for the time being, and determine if LOS still happens.

Thanks!

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
still testing, and loving 1.2 so far/OP gapps/FF18

no los solid signal from boot+
3g - typical 3g speeds nothing crazy gets decent signal
4g - solid, i can sit on 4g no prob
wifi - works
battery charges :)

still no camera

still testing!