[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
This may be an extremely stupid question as I'm new to dev, but could the LoS have anything to do with the EL26 kernel and/or the way it interacts with JB and this ROM? Basically could EL26 be the problem?
Disregard if its the dumbest thing you've ever heard <.< >.>

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

not dumb at all, we know that flashing newer modems can sometimes provide better service and greater speeds... so its likely that a misconfigured modem or one that doesnt work well with the ROM can provide..well no service :) lol at times

Im not sure this jb rom uses el26 kernel once flashed.. I remember looking and didnt see it. I'm assuming you might mean modem.

Last edited:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I remember in the first few builds whenever you would scroll home screens the icons would have a sort of glow around them as they were moving. Anyone else remember that? I was curious because I just noticed they don't do that anymore.

I wonder if that was a jellybean thing or a CM thing. Also, I had read that the new jellybean keyboard had next word predictions like with swiftkey. So is the keyboard that came with the ROM just the ICS keyboard? I thought I saw next word.... holy crap it just started working as I typed this! Haha awesome. Apparently you just have to type a while so it can learn the words you use.

OK so the first question is relevant still at least.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
This may be an extremely stupid question as I'm new to dev, but could the LoS have anything to do with the EL26 kernel and/or the way it interacts with JB and this ROM? Basically could EL26 be the problem?
Disregard if its the dumbest thing you've ever heard .>

The thing is when you flash jellybean there is a hybrid kernel baked in so jellybean doesn't actually interact with a el26 kernel in any way. El26 can only run a gingerbread ROM. Unless you actually meant modem, in which case disregard.

-Sent From A Jellybean Enhanced E4GT While Doing the Robot-

doubledjp

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I remember in the first few builds whenever you would scroll home screens the icons would have a sort of glow around them as they were moving. Anyone else remember that? I was curious because I just noticed they don't do that anymore.

I wonder if that was a jellybean thing or a CM thing. Also, I had read that the new jellybean keyboard had next word predictions like with swiftkey. So is the keyboard that came with the ROM just the ICS keyboard? I thought I saw next word.... holy crap it just started working as I typed this! Haha awesome. Apparently you just have to type a while so it can learn the words you use.

OK so the first question is relevant still at least.

Yeah I remember that! I haven't seen that in a while. Maybe since RC1.

studdmufin

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been running 1.3 for the last few hours and no LoS so far. On beta 4 I got LoS every 5min at my house. RC1 I got it every 20min. I'm using fg20. I'll be driving about an hour to work tomorrow and if I get LoS I'll try to grab a logcat

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
No, no, I did mean the EL26 Recovery kernel. I'm just not completely aware what affect a certain kernel can have on a ROM itself or if the two ever interact after an install. That's why I thought it might be a stupid question. I just saw that EL26 is the only kernel you can flash this with and thought maybe it could be part of the problem.

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if taking the camera from a previous build would fix the non-functioning camera issue..

On the LOS tip, is there any settings (on rom dev side) that you specify the "strength" of the radio receptor? Is it possible that it got "reset" or decreased somehow? (If its even a possibility)

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/06 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah as soon as you flash the new ROM, which comes with a kernel, and boot, all interaction with the el26 kernel recovery ceases, and the new kernel starts running the show.

You don't technically have to flash from el26 recovery it's just an old trusty recovery that is guaranteed safe. I flashed one of these builds from an ICS recovery and reflashed from the recovery which is built into the jellybean kernel.

studdmufin

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
No, no, I did mean the EL26 Recovery kernel. I'm just not completely aware what affect a certain kernel can have on a ROM itself or if the two ever interact after an install. That's why I thought it might be a stupid question. I just saw that EL26 is the only kernel you can flash this with and thought maybe it could be part of the problem.

When you install the ROM it replaces the el26 kernel with its own JB kernel. Hence you can't boot back into the el26 recovery after you have flashed. Also you can go into about phone in the settings and see the kernel you are running.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if taking the camera from a previous build would fix the non-functioning camera issue..

On the LOS tip, is there any settings (on rom dev side) that you specify the "strength" of the radio receptor? Is it possible that it got "reset" or decreased somehow? (If its even a possibility)

sj

Already tried this earlier lol. Got the same error. Maybe you will have better luck. Let me know if it works.

Reactions: sjsharksfan

Joeyc23

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Now even when I get on WiFi the 3g comes back after I disconnect from WiFi. Thank you so much DK... so I think now the camera is the only important bug we have :) not a developer my A$$ :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using RC 1.3 and Tapatalk 2

diablo311

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Now even when I get on WiFi the 3g comes back after I disconnect from WiFi. Thank you so much DK... so I think now the camera is the only important bug we have :) not a developer my A$$ :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using RC 1.3 and Tapatalk 2

maybe you could share on how u manage to do that?
and for the camera
i use the ics camera from the market
idk if ffc works tho because i didnt stay long on cm10 because of the los and battery

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
As soon as my replacement from Sprint gets here I'm gonna have a field day with this ROM. Lol :p

Sent from my (slightly busted :p) SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jbn

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

sj

No one has yet tried to pull from the older builds like RC1 to test camera fixes?

sbeekman1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
YouTube is back to being crappy and green Los seems gone but YouTube is borked for me again..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34