[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this has been posted before, but there definitely seems to be a direct link between LOS and Battery life. If i hit LOS, battery plummets. Once i reboot/airplane mode/whatever to fix LOS, battery evens out (and even goes back up in some cases!).

What you're observing is probably a combination of two things actually. Yes LOS can cause more than normal battery drain. This is because all of those Apps you have on the phone that periodically pool a data server. They will crank trying to connect during LOS until they finally give up, which causes the drain.

If you're observing a large drop in battery % after your reboot, and your battery graph has a spike down with a black vertical line, this has to do with the Maxim battery gauge IC in our phone. The gauge can get thrown off sometimes during reboots, and slowly moves back towards equilibrium, which is why you sometimes see the battery gauge actually climb while off the charger.

The second item is probably what you're seeing, which was related to your reboot, not LOS directly (even though it was LOS that caused you to reboot in the first place).

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you're observing a large drop in battery % after your reboot, and your battery graph has a spike down with a black vertical line, this has to do with the Maxim battery gauge IC in our phone. The gauge can get thrown off sometimes during reboots, and slowly moves back towards equilibrium, which is why you sometimes see the battery gauge actually climb while off the charger.

The second item is probably what you're seeing, which was related to your reboot, not LOS directly (even though it was LOS that caused you to reboot in the first place).

I'm aware of the scenario where the battery climbs after reboot (after the reboot causes a significant drop in battery). That wasn't happening here. In fact, any time i have rebooted on RC1.1, my battery levels have remained the same (no drop).

Airplane mode toggle would resolve the LOS, or i would reboot with no drop in battery, then i would have the steady battery line (or a climb).

My point was just that I was experiencing really good battery before LOS events (and after resolving LOS events).

Totally agree on the LOS and battery drop due to the syncing/polling/etc.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
What is the issue people are having with it? Not showing up in apps? Could it have anything to so with adding in cm settings?

Sent from my SCH-R760ro.product.brand=Samsung using Android Central Forums

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Issue is:

1) Camera just does not appear in apps.
2) If you open camera directly from lockscreen shortcut, the camera shows for a second, then an error pops up - "Cannot find Camera" or something to that effect. Subsequent attempts to use the lockscreen shortcut do nothing (just goes back to lockscreen)
3) Even if you install another camera from PS, it will FC or state it cannot find the camera.

ffolkes

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
What is the issue people are having with it? Not showing up in apps? Could it have anything to so with adding in cm settings?

It shows up, I just get "Can't connect to the camera." when I open it.

I/ActivityManager( 2082): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.gallery3d/com.android.camera.CameraLauncher u=0} from pid 3430
V/CameraHolder( 5161): open camera 0
E/CameraService( 1844): CameraService::connect X (pid 5161) rejected (invalid cameraId 0).
E/CameraHolder( 5161): fail to connect Camera
E/CameraHolder( 5161): java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to connect to camera service
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at android.hardware.Camera.native_setup(Native Method)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at android.hardware.Camera.<init>(Camera.java:323)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at android.hardware.Camera.open(Camera.java:283)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at com.android.camera.CameraManager.cameraOpen(CameraManager.java:224)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at com.android.camera.CameraHolder.open(CameraHolder.java:151)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at com.android.camera.Util.openCamera(Util.java:293)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at com.android.camera.Camera$CameraStartUpThread.run(Camera.java:284)
V/StateManager( 5161): startState class com.android.gallery3d.app.PhotoPage
D/OrientationManager( 5161): lock orientation to portrait
W/WVMExtractor( 1844): Failed to open libwvm.so
D/CameraStorage( 5161): External storage state=mounted

Also, this may be related. Much sooner in the logcat I see:

I/CameraService( 1844): CameraService started (pid=1844)
V/CameraWrapper( 1844): camera_get_number_of_cameras
V/CameraWrapper( 1844): check_vendor_module
E/HAL ( 1844): load: id=vendor-camera != hmi->id=camera
E/CameraWrapper( 1844): failed to open vendor camera module

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by nothingblooms

It shows up, I just get "Can't connect to the camera." when I open it.

I/ActivityManager( 2082): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.gallery3d/com.android.camera.CameraLauncher u=0} from pid 3430
V/CameraHolder( 5161): open camera 0
E/CameraService( 1844): CameraService::connect X (pid 5161) rejected (invalid cameraId 0).
E/CameraHolder( 5161): fail to connect Camera
E/CameraHolder( 5161): java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to connect to camera service
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at android.hardware.Camera.native_setup(Native Method)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at android.hardware.Camera.<init>(Camera.java:323)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at android.hardware.Camera.open(Camera.java:283)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at com.android.camera.CameraManager.cameraOpen(CameraManager.java:224)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at com.android.camera.CameraHolder.open(CameraHolder.java:151)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at com.android.camera.Util.openCamera(Util.java:293)
E/CameraHolder( 5161): at com.android.camera.Camera$CameraStartUpThread.run(Camera.java:284)
V/StateManager( 5161): startState class com.android.gallery3d.app.PhotoPage
D/OrientationManager( 5161): lock orientation to portrait
W/WVMExtractor( 1844): Failed to open libwvm.so
D/CameraStorage( 5161): External storage state=mounted

Also, this may be related. Much sooner in the logcat I see:

I/CameraService( 1844): CameraService started (pid=1844)
V/CameraWrapper( 1844): camera_get_number_of_cameras
V/CameraWrapper( 1844): check_vendor_module
E/HAL ( 1844): load: id=vendor-camera != hmi->id=camera
E/CameraWrapper( 1844): failed to open vendor camera module

thank you fixing now :)

Jatk

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you wait for the rom and kernel to settle? I'm gonna say at least 12 hours?

Just keeping toggling airplane mode.

Its been ~14hours and I've been toggling to get it back on. Holds signal for about 30mins then drops. This is all done with RC1.3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles