[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I need 3 testers. Im going to take a different appoarch to my release. BlahBlahBlahhuh kinda had a point. Im releasing to many builds publicly. So to ease the pressure im going to start doing testing behind the scenes. PM me if you want to be a tester. Testers will have direct access to my dropbox account. Let me know. IM ONLY TAKING THREE TESTERS.

tamathdb

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I need 3 testers. Im going to take a different appoarch to my release. BlahBlahBlahhuh kinda had a point. Im releasing to many builds publicly. So to ease the pressure im going to start doing testing behind the scenes. PM me if you want to be a tester. Testers will have direct access to my dropbox account. Let me know. IM ONLY TAKING THREE TESTERS.

If only I had more knowledge, instead of the basics. I'm going to be jelly of those three.. pun intended. It sounds like a good idea though, although with such varying results regarding LOS hopefully three will suffice. Good luck! I'll be anxiously awaiting the results!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

asaini007

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I remember in the first few builds whenever you would scroll home screens the icons would have a sort of glow around them as they were moving. Anyone else remember that? I was curious because I just noticed they don't do that anymore.

I wonder if that was a jellybean thing or a CM thing. Also, I had read that the new jellybean keyboard had next word predictions like with swiftkey. So is the keyboard that came with the ROM just the ICS keyboard? I thought I saw next word.... holy crap it just started working as I typed this! Haha awesome. Apparently you just have to type a while so it can learn the words you use.

OK so the first question is relevant still at least.

Yeah I remember that I'm 95% sure it was a glitch, so hats off to DK for fixing it!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I think that's a very good idea DK2. I think it'll be easier for you to pinpoint issues as opposed to dropping each incremental update on the masses. To the chagrin of the masses of course. They'll just have to understand that they'll be seeing build releases with a bit more polish on them this way.

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Everyone please know that if you're using a download manager to download a rom it might not always download correctly this happens when the simultaneous connections do not reasemble the data correctly.

This could be the reason why some need to download more than once

I noticed a few people were using download managers

Sorry about the grammar but I am using voice text

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think that's a very good idea DK2. I think it'll be easier for you to pinpoint issues as opposed to dropping each incremental update on the masses. To the chagrin of the masses of course. They'll just have to understand that they'll be seeing build releases with a bit more polish on them this way.

Im with you there. Builds will be much better.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I look forward to nightly builds and I would think 1000 testers would provide more feedback than 3. People will always gripe no matter what you do.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
For those of you like me who leave wifi on for data at your house because sprint is terrible, please report on battery life and deep sleep later. On earlier builds if I left wifi off I'd get deep sleep and great battery life but if I left wifi on it was like my battery was melting. Please and thank you!

I gotta take the night off of messing with my phone and spend some time with my little girl.

izzibew26

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I look forward to nightly builds and I would think 1000 testers would provide more feedback than 3. People will always gripe no matter what you do.

I'd agree with that. At least with a good number of testers it could be tested under an array of different situations and circumstance.on the other hand this isn't the place for the culmination of every bit and piece of information regarding a work in progress. Thanks for all your hard work, look forward to the nightlies.

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So far I've only been losing data sometimes when turning off wifi. Still able to make texts. Never make calls so i can't confirm that one.

so far i've been running all day with 1.5 and 1 instance of LOS this morning and none since. I've been onWIFI, 3G, 4G no problem. Only thing I can't get GPS lock for nothing tried qbking77 video, tried GPS status app nothing. HELP. other than battery and camera. Its great.

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the limited tester idea. Cause I just have to flash every one of your updates - and it's affecting my home and work life. :)

isoft7

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Agreed... private beta will be better for all. The number of questions regarding flashing alone suggests that much.

However, I also worry that having only 3 testers might hinder the LOS progress you're making, only as it seems many factors play into things.

That all said, at the end of the day we will have a very nice JB rom, and we'll have you to thank for it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan