[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
do you mean the voicemail update notification (the update can't install because of a parsing error) or the much more dreaded phantom notification that never goes away?

The former I still am experiencing (RC1) while the latter I haven't seen for awhile, thank god (and dark_knight2 ;))

I thought it was but I had installed the new VM app from sprint and I actually had new voice mails. Not getting phatom voice mails anymore.

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
He's on a permanent leave of absence. Also, thread cleaned.

I was trying to mark him as ignored.. I don't think we can do that on this board though.. maybe we can get that feature activated here too?? (Hint hint mods) ;)

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/06 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

mithunm93

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm running RC 1.5 right now, and I'm having constant LoS and 4g isn't working and the battery is draining like crazy (although this seems to be an open issue still) , even though I've read multiple posts of people saying that the 4g and LoS are fixed now (including DK!). I'm guessing I am doing something wrong..... I have no idea where to go to check my modem, but most people are saying that it is running well on FG31. Someone linked me to an install of FG31, but it seems that its the unrooted version and the steps to root it are not working for me. Could someone give me a link and instructions to download and flash that modem and then flash RC1.5 again? Is this going to be too much work (you can probably tell by now that I'm new) and do you recommend I just go back to CM9 until CM10 is stable (and that may take a while even at DK's whirlwind pace)

All help is appreciated, hell, thanks for just reading through this thing!

_Viper_

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems launching Mobile Odin on any of the recent builds? I went from 1.2 straight to 1.5 but I was and am still getting a message that says "Couldn't find the Mobile Odin Package" every time I try to open it. It worked on 1.0 and Beta 4, but been getting errors since 1.1.

mithunm93

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems launching Mobile Odin on any of the recent builds? I went from 1.2 straight to 1.5 but I was and am still getting a message that says "Couldn't find the Mobile Odin Package" every time I try to open it. It worked on 1.0 and Beta 4, but been getting errors since 1.1.

I concur, i get this error ever since i upgraded from RC1 to RC1.4 then to RC1.5

Reactions: _Viper_

byte1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
DK.... you have done it again /applaud you ! I ran this no issues at all for close to 4 hours brilliant .... missed the camera.... other than that I would use this as a daily driver... but since I use my phone for work and need camera .... is a must have :D cant wait /cheers!:)

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm running RC 1.5 right now, and I'm having constant LoS and 4g isn't working and the battery is draining like crazy (although this seems to be an open issue still) , even though I've read multiple posts of people saying that the 4g and LoS are fixed now (including DK!). I'm guessing I am doing something wrong..... I have no idea where to go to check my modem, but most people are saying that it is running well on FG31. Someone linked me to an install of FG31, but it seems that its the unrooted version and the steps to root it are not working for me. Could someone give me a link and instructions to download and flash that modem and then flash RC1.5 again? Is this going to be too much work (you can probably tell by now that I'm new) and do you recommend I just go back to CM9 until CM10 is stable (and that may take a while even at DK's whirlwind pace)

All help is appreciated, hell, thanks for just reading through this thing!

You are thinking of the full FG31 rom that is not rooted.. when people are talking about modems, that's different than full roms or kernels for that matter..
If you are just trying to switch modems, they way I do it is I use mobile Odin to flash the el26 kernel, then flash the modem. Then just reflash the kernel you need to be on for your rom and you'll be back where you want. That process shouldn't take more than 5-10 mins

Be careful

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/07 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Technically, there isn't anything you need mobile Odin for with JB (atm), just flash your modem before flashing JB.. seeing as how you have to Odin back to stock to go from JB to ICS anyways.. ;)

sj

I concur, i get this error ever since i upgraded from RC1 to RC1.4 then to RC1.5

lukem

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Technically, there isn't anything you need mobile Odin for with JB (atm), just flash your modem before flashing JB.. seeing as how you have to Odin back to stock to go from JB to ICS anyways.. ;)

sj

Most of the time I Odin back to stock using mobile odin... lol I imagine quite a few others do as well. There is a copy of the full EL26 on my SDcard at all times.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mithunm93

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You are thinking of the full FG31 rom that is not rooted.. when people are talking about modems, that's different than full roms or kernels for that matter..
If you are just trying to switch modems, they way I do it is I use mobile Odin to flash the el26 kernel, then flash the modem. Then just reflash the kernel you need to be on for your rom and you'll be back where you want. That process shouldn't take more than 5-10 mins

Be careful

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/07 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

Thanks for the response, I was doing some digging, and I've found some files, but I'm afraid that I might do something wrong! When you get some free time, could you possibly link me? I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae