[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmed_atl#AC

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I feel that I should post and thank you. I have been along for the ride since alpha but have not been doing clean wipes just been moving up so didn't want to post bugs. Awesome work DK I have been using this only since I have a work phone that people can get a hold of me on if LOS occurs (which it has been even with modem fg31) bit awesome rom non the less!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems launching Mobile Odin on any of the recent builds? I went from 1.2 straight to 1.5 but I was and am still getting a message that says "Couldn't find the Mobile Odin Package" every time I try to open it. It worked on 1.0 and Beta 4, but been getting errors since 1.1.

my work around for this is flash blazer 4.1 from JB kernal, then mobil odin in blazer to flash new rom. flash at your own risk of course

mcgleevn

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
dk2 I've been running your RC1 for two days now on my uscc device and I have a solid dd. I don't mind not having cm parts cuz I have a solid dd haha... I think one freeze up in Google Now but no los, plenty of deep sleep and all that buttery smoothness. best of luck to you and your testers

FeRReTTi

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey DK I'm back. I noticed that I experienced LoS every 20-40 minutes but once I rebooted my phone it would take 20-40 minutes until I lost service again. Other than that, it runs buttery smooth!

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
According the CM, I don't think these builds technically qualify for RC status. CM9 for E4GT is at Alpha 6 status right now and transitioning to beta soon.

From Cyanogenmod's Page:
About the project | CyanogenMod

The variants of the firmware are split into 3 categories, Stable, Release Candidate and Nightlies. The Stable version, as suggested by the title, is the tried and tested variant of the firmware proven to be mostly bug free and suitable for daily use. The latest stable version is available for an assortment of the officially supported devices. A Release Candidate (RC) build may not be the final version, but a variant that has no fatal flaws or bugs, on the stabilization stages to become the final product that is the Stable variant. Lastly we have the Nightlies, which are as volatile as a firmware can get. These releases keep coming at an interval of a day or two and if you do end up trying one of these, do not be alarmed if the your device goes cuckoo on you.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
How is this rc1 if even the galaxy nexus is still on preview builds? Is there LOS still? Do the cameras work? How do I install?

LOS varies between different configs i.e modems, kernels, etc. Camera I dont think works at least in most cases it does not. And to install check OP (flash back to el29 cwm, go from there)

and it may not technically be an RC as RC usually go but a lot of people report great stability so perhaps that deserves the RC badge.

If you read a couple pages earlier you will notice that Dark Knight realized his build versions needed to be changed and he has future plans to do so.

Cheers

Reactions: _Viper_

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
LOS varies between different configs i.e modems, kernels, etc. Camera I dont think works at least in most cases it does not. And to install check OP (flash back to el29 cwm, go from there)

and it may not be a technacly be an RC as RC usually go but a lot of people report great stability so perhaps that deserves the RC badge.

If you read a couple pages earlier you will notice that Dark Knight realized his build versions needed to be changed and he has future plans to do so.

Cheers

This in no form bears resemblance to a Release Candidate. Just because a select few report some form of stability does not make it RC worthy. Aside from the systemic LOS plaguing this build, there are many core Android features omitted. It is most comparable to an Alpha. This is not a bashing of the ROM, but that it must be rebranded to avoid confusing people into flashing a build that is half working and half not. RC denotes stability and the nearing completion of a project.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
This in no form bears resemblance to a Release Candidate. Just because a select few report some form of stability does not make it RC worthy. Aside from the systemic LOS plaguing this build, there are many core Android features omitted. It is most comparable to an Alpha. This is not a bashing of the ROM, but that it must be rebranded to avoid confusing people into flashing a build that is half working and half not. RC denotes stability and the nearing completion of a project.

Understand, just trying to give you my take on it. Trying to bring out the RC like characteristics so you could understand.

version labeling is not up to me, i just test, host, and do what i can

Reactions: patrao_n

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Well i do know he always made strong point to label himself as a contributor and not a developer for these particular reasons. Dont quote me on the reason why but i believe it had to do with issues like this. It's in a previous post of his, not sure where.. :( sorry.

The fact is, and the way we see it here, he puts a lot of work into making builds better and is quick to respond and give his best effort when it comes to fixing issues. For that we can only thank him, and im sure all of us here and in this thread do what we can to help and contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781