[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Tried it in LCD Density Modder and tried changing the build.prop manually and got the same. Then i tried RomToolbox and changed it in the build.prop tweaks and it worked.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

why would you want to make those changes?? noobie looking for answers

ffolkes

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Turns your phone into a tablet since the resolution is bigger and makes everything smaller. Giving you a tablet UI experience.

While this is true, it can get a bit extreme, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea. But a more tame modification, like to 200 or even 190 work beautifully on this phone. I cannot imagine using it at the default 240 - it's way too huge. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, I highly recommend you try 200dpi.

And the face unlock trick didn't work for me.

ffolkes

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Wait camera works????????

Doesn't work for me, here are some logcat parts from 1.5 that might be useful:

I/CameraService( 1843): CameraService started (pid=1843)
V/CameraWrapper( 1843): camera_get_number_of_cameras
V/CameraWrapper( 1843): check_vendor_module
E/HAL ( 1843): load: id=vendor-camera != hmi->id=camera
E/CameraWrapper( 1843): failed to open vendor camera module

and from opening the Camera app:

I/ActivityManager( 2070): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.gallery3d/com.android.camera.CameraLauncher u=0} from pid 2452
D/dalvikvm( 1841): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 0ms
I/ActivityManager( 2070): Start proc com.android.gallery3d for activity com.android.gallery3d/com.android.camera.CameraLauncher: pid=3981 uid=10016 gids={1006, 3003, 1015, 1028}
D/dalvikvm( 1841): GC_EXPLICIT freed 38K, 72% free 2159K/7680K, paused 2ms+2ms, total 27ms
D/dalvikvm( 1841): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 72% free 2159K/7680K, paused 2ms+7ms, total 35ms
D/dalvikvm( 1841): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 72% free 2159K/7680K, paused 2ms+1ms, total 39ms
I/ActivityThread( 3981): Pub com.android.gallery3d.provider: com.android.gallery3d.provider.GalleryProvider
V/CameraHolder( 3981): open camera 0
E/CameraService( 1843): CameraService::connect X (pid 3981) rejected (invalid cameraId 0).
E/CameraHolder( 3981): fail to connect Camera
E/CameraHolder( 3981): java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to connect to camera service
E/CameraHolder( 3981): at android.hardware.Camera.native_setup(Native Method)
E/CameraHolder( 3981): at android.hardware.Camera.<init>(Camera.java:323)
E/CameraHolder( 3981): at android.hardware.Camera.open(Camera.java:283)
E/CameraHolder( 3981): at com.android.camera.CameraManager.cameraOpen(CameraManager.java:224)
E/CameraHolder( 3981): at com.android.camera.CameraHolder.open(CameraHolder.java:151)
E/CameraHolder( 3981): at com.android.camera.Util.openCamera(Util.java:293)
E/CameraHolder( 3981): at com.android.camera.Camera$CameraStartUpThread.run(Camera.java:284)
V/StateManager( 3981): startState class com.android.gallery3d.app.PhotoPage
V/NFC ( 3981): this device does not have NFC support
D/OrientationManager( 3981): lock orientation to portrait
W/WVMExtractor( 1843): Failed to open libwvm.so

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Log cat on facelock setup in settings causing facelock to error out

http://db.tt/D34D5x5w

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mithunm93

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Alright so I don't know if this is still considered a bug or not, but I'm still getting pretty horrible LoS, even after updating my modem to FG31 which seems to have worked for everyone. I'm starting to think it is a kernel issue (as was mentioned earlier), but can any vets let me know if I'm possibly doing something wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks for any response!

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Wow.Thanks mods for the clean up. Alot of changes to the op and rom structuring are coming down the pipe very soon. I spoken with Team Cyanogenmod member via IRC last night. I have ALOT of work in my op to fix. Also I will be removing "RC" as well. I am hoping one day that This can be merged into the cm teams repo to become officially supported. Will it happen? Very Doubtful.

People fail to comprihend the fact that I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I AM STILL LEARNING. If you cant understand this fact then leave. End of story. :)

If you do remove the RC title please just let me know and i can change the hosted rom names accordingly. Unless they will be new roms with new names. If thats the case just let me know if you want me to continue to host "RC" roms or remove them when replacement names/roms starting coming through.

Thanks!

http://206.174.246.155/public

AdriVelazquez

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey Dark Knight, Quick Question.

From the kernel, can you change the RRC State to only switch between PCH and DCH?

I've noticed the LOS tends to happen when the phone is idle.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Dark Knight, Quick Question.

From the kernel, can you change the RRC State to only switch between PCH and DCH?

I've noticed the LOS tends to happen when the phone is idle.

LOS is defintely not rom or kernel related. I have never ever experienced it, and have been with this rom since Alpha 1. As far as battery drain... 18 hours on battery yesterday. Torch, camera, and bluetooth media... that is all. Anyone else experiencing more issues, switch to US Cellular lol.

agentfazexx

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
LOS is defintely not rom or kernel related. I have never ever experienced it, and have been with this rom since Alpha 1. As far as battery drain... 18 hours on battery yesterday. Torch, camera, and bluetooth media... that is all. Anyone else experiencing more issues, switch to US Cellular lol.

LoS is most certainly kernel related. Sbrissen and several others have acknowledged this.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
LoS is most certainly kernel related. Sbrissen and several others have acknowledged this.

I am running the kernel that comes with the rom. I am on modem ff18, I do edits to the apns.conf, the eri.xml, and build.prop. If I dont do these edits, guess what I get ... LOS, intermittent 3g, dropped calls, and battery drain. Hmm.... Sprint?

Does that make my edits better then the edits used for Sprint.. I have no idea , but I have seen the build.prop for your guys phone and its rediculously long. Mine is only a few lines. Same with eri.xml, and apns.

thaprinze

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Tried it in LCD Density Modder and tried changing the build.prop manually and got the same. Then i tried RomToolbox and changed it in the build.prop tweaks and it worked.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Just in case anyone is searching the interwebs for this same question, RomToolbox worked perfectly for me, and I was able to change the LCD density to several different values between 128-160 DPI. Thanks for the help, tamathdb!!

focuspre

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
DK, thanks for working on this. I look forward to a stable release.

For all the others, if you aren't part of the solution you're part of the problem. If you aren't posting to help DK fix bugs or report bugs, you aren't doing anybody any good. Read the OP and wait for bugs to be fixed and THANK THE CONTRIBUTORS.

Reactions: Joeyc23

_Viper_

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, time to report back....I'm running 1.5, 7-17 gapps, Fg31 modem....I flashed and setup last night at about 8:20pm CST, I left work about 10 after 9, at that time had experienced no LoS while at work, No LoS on the drive home, got home at bout 9:45 after making a quick stop and had no LoS, left the phone in the bedroom while I ate dinner and chit chatted with the misses, washed some dishes and then about 10:25 went and grabbed my phone to go to the gym and when I woke the screen had my First LoS, went to TE to try and run a logcat but that thing runs forever, toggled the airplane mode and regained signal, drove to the gym with no LoS, worked out for about 11/2 hours with no LoS (although played through about 3 minutes of a 4minute song and dropped, started again and immediately dropped, I let Apollo take over for a while, then started again and worked fine.), drove home with no LoS, put the phone on the charger at about 12:15am while I showered, got out about 12:35 and checked and had 2nd LoS, Toggled the airplane mode and it came back, checked a couple emails and finally went to bed about 1:10am with signal, alarm went off at about 6:45am to wake the misses for work since her EVO is trippin but didn't look to check the signal, about 7:30am...second alarm went off and rolled the misses out of bed and checked and saw that had 3rd LoS, toggled airplane mode and regained signal, went back to sleep and woke up at 8:30 and had 4th LoS, Toggled airplane mode and regained signal, checked Team Stream to follow up on my Cowboys training camp till about 9am, went in the bathroom to shave and brush my teeth...immediate LoS, Toggled airplane mode...still no connection, toggled again....no signal, finished shaving and brushing my teeth, brushed the waves and put the doorag back on (waves on swim, trying to get to Tsunami, ;) ), went back to the bedroom to change and toggled airplane mode again....regained signal at about 9:25am, got dressed for work, stopped by the mother in laws, and drove to work where I am updating you now with no LoS.

Now, keep in mind that where I work is technically in Sprint's BEST coverage in my area, I also work inside a mall with some pretty thick concrete walls and I have yet to LoS on 1.5 at work. Where I live is on the complete opposite side of town, in Sprint's GOOD coverage in my area, yet when I am at home....I fluctuate between 3g and 1x on a consistant basis with at most 2 bars but usually 1 bar of signal, data speeds are almost non existant. Fg20 and Fg31 modems have helped improve my data speeds but my signal strength is still the same so I'm not surprised by the amount of LoS at home. What's really crazy is that, according to Sprint's coverage map, I have towers within 20 miles to the N, S, E, and W of my house yet my signal at home is slim to none. Voice calls work fine. SMS depends on my signal but works for the most part, have had no MMS so do know about that. When I have signal all data functions properly, I have no camera icon so I assume I have no camera to test, have yet to mess with youtube although tried to watch a video clip in the stock video player and it played for 2 seconds and went black, tried it again and got the same thing. I am going to mess with a few logcat apps and see if I can get you some specific and useful information to work with. Overall, 1.5 is good enough for me to be a daily driver. I don't use the camera all that often but will eventually need it, but it's not a big killer for now. I am loving this Rom. Thanks DK2 for this opportunity to experience your work. Anything that I can do to help please let me know. I am currently a tester and graphics guy for Team Venum on XDA, but a lot of the devs have been taking vacations and rom development has been a bit slow as of late so anything that I can do, I'm down. JohnCorleone tells me that you are a great guy so I'm definitely inclined to learning what I can from you.

Reactions: focuspre

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well done DK2. Contributor or developer, when you play in the AOSP space, it's my opinion that it's best when the release of your work conforms to the general standards set forth by the development community and the Cyangenmod team. I think it's great that you reached out to them for some education and assistance to make sure your work is being described and published based on those standards. I believe much if not all of the strife brought up lately should die down as a result of your choice to take this route with your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.