08-02-2012 12:21 AM
181 12345 ...
tools
    Crap, see this is why I need more testers! My tester never reported any issues on my private bugtracker, so I thought it booted fine! Ok, I need someone to provide me with the recovery log.
    Let me take a look at this. I can at least fix the status 7 error.
    07-16-2012 08:56 PM
    Glad i could help...really wanna run this rom

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I just searched my ENTIRE build.prop, and found not one occurance of toroplus. Can you retry the flash and tell me exactly what it says.
    07-16-2012 09:04 PM
    Ya will do....but gotta charge up the battery a lil and get my kid to bed lol

07-16-2012 09:07 PM
    I just searched my ENTIRE build.prop, and found not one occurance of toroplus. Can you retry the flash and tell me exactly what it says.
    Build.prop is 100%. Thats not your issue. The issue is your whole entire META-INF Folder. The "Metadata" has "toroplus" in it yet the build.prop has "SPH-D710" in it so it aborts the install due to that issue. Another is the Assert Command...its looking for Toroplus. That causes an abort status 7. Second issue is this is not signed correctly. Third is the whole entire updater-script has all the wrong partitions in it. "Omap" is the partition for Toroplus. Ours is eMMc Mck etc etc. This thing has a llllllooooooooonnnnnnggggggg way to go before it boots. Its not even close.
    XxXEVOLVEXxX likes this.
    07-16-2012 09:14 PM
    Im uploading a fixed version right now. The META-INF Folder is 100% now. Its signed correctly and has proper partition layout. Will it boot? Couldnt tell ya.
    07-16-2012 09:34 PM
    Im uploading a fixed version right now. The META-INF Folder is 100% now. Its signed correctly and has proper partition layout. Will it boot? Couldnt tell ya.
    Can you PM the link?
    07-16-2012 09:52 PM
    Can you PM the link?
    Yes Ill do that. We dont need users soft bricking there junk just yet :-P
    thenameisnigel and patrao_n like this.
    07-16-2012 09:56 PM
    Any new news?
    Does it boot?
    07-17-2012 09:10 AM
    Any new news?
    Does it boot?
    Does it install? Yes. Does it boot? No. I'm seriously giving up hope on this project.

Project Closed.
    07-17-2012 10:14 AM
    Does it install? Yes. Does it boot? No. I'm seriously giving up hope on this project.

Project Closed.
    Ouch.
    07-17-2012 11:00 AM
    Ouch.
    I mean I would gladly....wait.

What type of screen is the Epic 4G Touch? HDPI, MDPI, what??
    And what type of screen is the Galaxy Nexus?

If you try to port a ROM from two different types of screens, it wont work. I think that is the problem!

Project re-opened.
    07-17-2012 11:20 AM
    E4GT is HDPI.
    07-17-2012 11:53 AM
    Ok. Cyanogenmod has a Jellybean in their Git tree. Maybe I will be able to get something working this time.
    3volution likes this.
    07-17-2012 01:03 PM
    Maybe it will be easier porting it from the nexus s doesn't the nexus s and the e4gt both have the same type of screens.
    07-17-2012 01:10 PM
    Maybe it will be easier porting it from the nexus s doesn't the nexus s and the e4gt both have the same type of screens.

Does the Nexus S (Sprint CDMA) have a Jellybean port yet? I haven't been to their forum yet.

Edit: Found it, and it has WiMax supported! My orginal port was trying to change the radio from LTE to WiMax, but now I have some leverage! Time to go troll some devs over there to let me build off their base. xD Wish me luck!
    3volution likes this.
    07-17-2012 01:23 PM
    Ok, a dev pointed out that in his version, WiMax DOES NOT WORK. I can almost guarantee that at my experience level with porting ROMs, that I will not have WiMax working for a while. At the moment, the only thing I need to learn is how to build the kernel and add a safe recovery. Otherwise you guys will be stuck without a recovery unless you flash your own.
    Zero Night likes this.
    07-17-2012 01:32 PM
    Ok, a dev pointed out that in his version, WiMax DOES NOT WORK. I can almost guarantee that at my experience level with porting ROMs, that I will not have WiMax working for a while. At the moment, the only thing I need to learn is how to build the kernel and add a safe recovery. Otherwise you guys will be stuck without a recovery unless you flash your own.
    Ok if you try porting it send me the link if you get it to boot.
    07-17-2012 02:27 PM
    I mean I would gladly....wait.

What type of screen is the Epic 4G Touch? HDPI, MDPI, what??
    And what type of screen is the Galaxy Nexus?

If you try to port a ROM from two different types of screens, it wont work. I think that is the problem!

Project re-opened.
    Lmfao. That does not matter with ICS or Jellybean AOSP. They auto adjust to the screen size of the phone. Are you sure you know what your doing?
    07-17-2012 02:29 PM
    Lmfao. That does not matter with ICS or Jellybean AOSP. They auto adjust to the screen size of the phone. Are you sure you know what your doing?

Nope, well I have ported Optimus ROMs when I had my OptiS, but Samsung is different with that zImage crap.
    07-17-2012 03:30 PM
    Nope, well I have ported Optimus ROMs when I had my OptiS, but Samsung is different with that zImage crap.
    Dont let that scare you. zImage is just a boot.img but renamed. And the recovery.img is stored in the kernel and not the recovery partition. Thats the only difference.
    07-17-2012 03:59 PM
    Ok, ported from the NS4G. The updater-script is the thing that confuses me. Is there any automated tool that makes updater-scripts? I can't spend all day doing that crap. Everything else is done. If someone can fix it, please reply on this thread IMMEDIATELY. I repeat IMMEDIATELY. I don't think I pointed the symbolic links right. Please help on this!!!
    07-17-2012 04:11 PM
    Steel one from another rom and or use android kitchen from xda and it will generate one for ya.
    07-17-2012 04:44 PM
    Steel one from another rom and or use android kitchen from xda and it will generate one for ya.
    Android kitchen doesn't work for our phone

07-17-2012 05:06 PM
    Android kitchen doesn't work for our phone

Ummmm yes it does. Thats how i deodexed the FF18 base. Lol
    elport likes this.
    07-17-2012 05:38 PM
    Ummmm yes it does. Thats how i deodexed the FF18 base. Lol
    Oh, well can you fix my updater script. I'm not sure if I did my kernel right but still.

07-17-2012 06:08 PM
181 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD