I barely just rooted my phone for the first time after owning it for roughly 6 months. Now that ICS is released. I'm wondering if I should revert back and update? I haven't had any problem with the ROM I'm using. I'm actually loving the rooting and ROMing process. Should I just hold out until someone bakes a new ROM with the official source codes from ICS release? What's your thoughts guys, is it a good idea just to go ahead and update to the official ICS?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2012 02:19 AM
    Since you already rooted and know you like it, there shouldn't be any reason to go back to stock. Either flash an ics rom now or wait till more are recompiled with source. I'm running the Blu Kuban and absolutely love everything about it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Click here for custom mods for your E4GT
    07-13-2012 06:55 AM
    Since you already rooted and know you like it, there shouldn't be any reason to go back to stock. Either flash an ics rom now or wait till more are recompiled with source. I'm running the Blu Kuban and absolutely love everything about it.

Lol. The kernel is the only thing released by samsung for compiling. Nothing else was released. People have this idea in there head that devs are gonna compile FF18 touchwiz rom from source....NOT THE CASE. SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ IS CLOSED SOURCE.

07-13-2012 01:42 PM
    Lol. The kernel is the only thing released by samsung for compiling. Nothing else was released. People have this idea in there head that devs are gonna compile FF18 touchwiz rom from source....NOT THE CASE. SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ IS CLOSED SOURCE.

Sorry, I posted that late at night and it's late once again I meant more along the lines of the kernel development which will allow more stability and features for all roms and can get things like cm out of alpha.

07-14-2012 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD