CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 install error help

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I followed the guide from here(complete install) :

Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: CM9 Install Guide

I did a factory reset/wipe and wiped cache...Then went to install the ROM..When I did that, after about 1 minute it went to the android laying down with the red ! . What is causing this? How can I fix it? For now I went back into recovery and installed the ICS update manually but would like to get CM on this.. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did. Thank you. I assumed root stayed with the manual update. Everything is up and running and I'm loving it so far!

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So i can install this rom after updating to ics 4.0.4? I want cm9 back. Cant wait to get home from work and load it up.

Last edited:

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
done.. glad to have cm9 back. i was not enjoying the update. Can i install nightly builds? do i want to? i am really interested in keeping the newest tightest rom on my e4gt.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Dark, I may have to test yours out because I am not enjoying CM9 right now (no offense to their devs). I understand it's still a work in progress but some of the features I was loving in Blazer ROM I miss...Are any of the CM9 nightlies any stable/good?

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to load that aokp rc4 build without having to re download all my apps. I would like to try it but I don't want to have to re setup all my goodies. Also, how is the battery life on that build I am getting very poor battery life with cm9 a 6

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to load that aokp rc4 build without having to re download all my apps. I would like to try it but I don't want to have to re setup all my goodies. Also, how is the battery life on that build I am getting very poor battery life with cm9 a 6

Battery life is great. Use Tbackup

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Since I am on the experimental build...I went to try to update to the latest nightly (7/27) and it keeps giving me an error. Any ideas?

DPS13

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Ive been running into the same problem as the OP, i start to install cm9 and the android falls with the red sign above him.. phone has root. and is currently on 4.0.4. Can anyone point me in a direction to finish my install?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Ive been running into the same problem as the OP, i start to install cm9 and the android falls with the red sign above him.. phone has root. and is currently on 4.0.4. Can anyone point me in a direction to finish my install?

Without knowing more about what's on your phone currently, this is what I would do ...

1) Odin the rooted FF18 One-Click (System Restore - Full Wipe version)
2) Reboot and Install Mobile Odin
3) Download the ROM, GApps (I use the official 20120429), and EL26 kernel+CWM5 and move them to your phone
4) Flash the EL26 kernel in Mobile Odin
5) On reboot immediately hold down power button to power off, or pull the battery
6) Boot into recovery (Vol Up+Power)
7) Wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache
8) Wipe data
9) Install CM9 ROM
10) Install GApps
11) Reboot

By the way, chris41g is pushing hard now to get the CM9 version for our phone merged into the official CM9 mainstream. He has a new version of CM9 up and available for download called "MergeMe".

You can get it here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing CM

Thanks chris41g for all your hard work!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae