new to rooting

webOSnewB

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

First i apologize if this has already been posted but i couldn't find much information on my own (or im too lazy to...).

But first, i'm looking for a good guide/tip document/website for android rooting....i know some computer stuff and know what a ROM is, but not much more so i'd like to know at least the basics....like what the kernel is, etc. I haven't rooted yet, and i won't until i know what i am doing. I have the sprint epic 4g touch running stock gingerbread right now.

So my last set of questions are like, what is the best way to root the E4GT, and the best ROMS, and as well the best apps for backup, cuz im guessing i need to back up some things. I'm not too invested with a ton of info on my phone, but i do have a few things in note apps that i would hate to lose.

Any bit of info helps! and i will search on my own as well!!!

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had my E4GT rooted since a couple weeks after I got it last September. The rooting process is very easy. Go to xda and search for the user sfhub. He has put together an auto root tool that you can run on Windows or Mac that has step by step instructions. No adb commands have to be used. Just install the tool on your machine, make sure your phone is recognized, and a couple clicks later you are rooted. You can add a custom recovery with the auto root tool which you'll need if you want to flash custom roms and you can also flash it back to stock with auto root.
Many great roms. Universe, Blu Kuban, Wicked Sensations, Super Nova, Agat63's Rom, just to name a few. New safe kernels that won't brick your phone are included in all of those roms. Enjoy

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
CWM works on this phone but after we started flashing the ICS roms leaked from Samsung many people bricked their phones by doing a factory reset with it. That's been fixed with new kernels from Chris41g and Agat63. I use Agat's kernels because I'm pretty sure you can't flash modems with Chris41g kernels.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000