AOKP Screenshots!

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
For those of you running Dark Knight's AOKP port, let's see some screenshots! :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Changed lockscreen wp since Batman was being c#ck blocked by the weather. Also, good lord it's hot out today :)

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-07-24-17-43-36.png

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
^^^ sick

Might I ask how you made your lockscreen clock smaller and added your own text below the ring :eek:

Reactions: dweeze87

dweeze87

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
^^^ sick

Might I ask how you made your lockscreen clock smaller and added your own text below the ring :eek:

First I need to apologize, I am running a different build other than DarkKnights. But I would imagine that his build has the option for the custom carrier text change. Rom Control/General UI/Custom carrier label. Sorry for the confusion but I just wanted to show off my current set up.

Edit: Forgot to tell you that my clock looks smaller because I am running at 180 DPI too!

Last edited:
Reactions: DEF3NDER

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Sweet thank you!

So lowering the screen density makes things smaller eh? I would have thought the opposite. So what happens when you raise it to 320?

Last edited:

dweeze87

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Sweet thank you!

So lowering the screen density makes things smaller eh? I would have thought the opposite. So what happens when you raise it to 320?

S*&T gets real big, if it even goes that high? Do you know how to lower your DPI?

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I just did it. Really neat! I guess I need a 3rd party launcher to add more icons. It's nice to see more on the screen for sure. I'm glad the keyboard stays the same.

dweeze87

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just did it. Really neat! I guess I need a 3rd party launcher to add more icons. It's nice to see more on the screen for sure. I'm glad the keyboard stays the same.

I prefer to use Nova Launcher. To lower DPI, I use Rom Toolbox which also has an awesome file management system. FYI, if you go below 190 DPI your phone and contacts will crash but I have a phone.apk that will allow you to go below 190 as long as you know how to push the apk to system/apps. I will provide you with that if you would like? If you use 190 you will have market compatibility issues and will need to go back to 240 to download apps because market only recognizes 160, 180 and 240 I believe?

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I think 200 is my sweet spot but I'll happily take those apks in case I wanna try going a little lower. No problem pushing them to system. I just used the option in aokp to lower. I've never tried the toolbox before.

dweeze87

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I think 200 is my sweet spot but I'll happily take those apks in case I wanna try going a little lower. No problem pushing them to system. I just used the option in aokp to lower. I've never tried the toolbox before.

This will work at all DPIs so if you just want to go ahead and push it and run above 180 you will be fine. Just name the current phone.apk, phone.apk.bak just in case it doesnt work with this AOKP build but it should be fine. Remember to fix permissions and reboot too! Not sure if the DPI option in AOKP will allow below 190 which is why you may need Rom Toolbox?

View attachment 32253

Reactions: DEF3NDER

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good! It goes down to 160 in aokp. Sounds like that toolbox could help get rid of some apps, I'll check it out. Thank you for the apk and for the info. I was nervous to mess with the LCD settings but now that I'm educated on what it actually does, I'll be doing this on a regular basis!