A few weeks ago I install AOKP build 40 to Epic 4G Touch. In the last week I have been having some strange issues, MMS not working at all (sending or receiving), week 3G signal and loss off data till I re-boot the phone.

So, I would like to try CM9, but am wonder if there are any special step I need to take moving from AOKP. I remember I had odin an older modem for AOKP, so I assume I need odin new one? Which one?

Thanks
    07-26-2012 02:26 PM
    If you are using a safe kernel then just wipe data, cache then flash new ROM. If unsure of the kernel, flash el26+cwm kernel and do the wiping and installing from there. There is a sticky thread with links to download the el26 kernel in this forum. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2012 02:33 PM
    A few weeks ago I install AOKP build 40 to Epic 4G Touch. In the last week I have been having some strange issues, MMS not working at all (sending or receiving), week 3G signal and loss off data till I re-boot the phone.

So, I would like to try CM9, but am wonder if there are any special step I need to take moving from AOKP. I remember I had odin an older modem for AOKP, so I assume I need odin new one? Which one?

Thanks
    First off build 40 is super old. We are on Milestone 6 now. Second which aokp build you on cause I didnt make a build 40. Third have you tried my AOKP Stable 1? If not do that cause cm9 is still in alpha stage. Lots of bugs still.
    07-26-2012 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I currently have EL29 installed. Is that considered a safe modem? Or should I Odin EL26?

DK - Build 40 was current a month ago when I installed the AOKP ROM, and I found the links from the XDA Developer site. I have not tried your ROM yet. Do you think that would fix the issues that I have started to see in the last week or so? What other advantages does your AOKP ROM have?

Thanks again!
    07-26-2012 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I currently have EL29 installed. Is that considered a safe modem? Or should I Odin EL26?

DK - Build 40 was current a month ago when I installed the AOKP ROM, and I found the links from the XDA Developer site. I have not tried your ROM yet. Do you think that would fix the issues that I have started to see in the last week or so? What other advantages does your AOKP ROM have?

Thanks again!
    The modem doesn't matter. What you want is a "safe" ICS kernel. In other words, a kernel that has been repacked with a custom recovery that has removed the offending lines of code that can trigger the emmc brick bug.
    07-26-2012 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD