Rooted EL29.. now what..

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've checked here and there, did a lot of searches on xda developers, and have some questions.

All this about flashing ROM, installed CWM, kernal this.. etc.. I am so totally confused!

I rooted my phone using the process on xda.. but now the forums suggest I install CWM on my phone, but I can't seem to find where/how to do that, or where to d/l the program/files.

All I'm really interested in doing is several of the following:

1) remove bloatware
2) change the dark background settings in the stock Mail app.
3) install files other than what I can get from GooglePlay

I"m running stock GB EL29 and it's rooted..

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've checked here and there, did a lot of searches on xda developers, and have some questions.

All this about flashing ROM, installed CWM, kernal this.. etc.. I am so totally confused!

I rooted my phone using the process on xda.. but now the forums suggest I install CWM on my phone, but I can't seem to find where/how to do that, or where to d/l the program/files.

All I'm really interested in doing is several of the following:

1) remove bloatware
2) change the dark background settings in the stock Mail app.
3) install files other than what I can get from GooglePlay

I"m running stock GB EL29 and it's rooted..

Thats easy. Now you flash Jellybean.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
How did you obtain root? Was it from sfhub's one click? If so there is an option to install it. If not you can use the auto root package made by him. Or you can find a kernel in .tar format and flash through the PDA section in Odin.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
How did you obtain root? Was it from sfhub's one click? If so there is an option to install it. If not you can use the auto root package made by him. Or you can find a kernel in .tar format and flash through the PDA section in Odin.

Yes, I used the 1 click option, but didn't take it a step further and install the CWM at the same time.

I suppose I could just re-run the program, but not sure it that would wipe my phone again.

I was looking at the auto root package, but not sure where or how to download it and how to install it.. the directions are somewhat confusing to me.. I didn't see a download link for the auto root package.

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
1. since you are rooted check out the app rom toolbox and use the app manager to remove bloatware

2. Does the email background have anything to do with root? What background do you want?

3. Like what apps?

Check for YouTube vids by qbking77 and read the directions in the thread on how to use the one click. Its really easy but you have to learn yourself. Keep on searhing and reading it will all make sense soon.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have never personally used one click. I am very comfortable with Odin. I am sure the auto root package and one click are the same. Its supposed to be really easy to use. Follow ^

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
1. since you are rooted check out the app rom toolbox and use the app manager to remove bloatware

2. Does the email background have anything to do with root? What background do you want?

3. Like what apps?

Check for YouTube vids by qbking77 and read the directions in the thread on how to use the one click. Its really easy but you have to learn yourself. Keep on searhing and reading it will all make sense soon.

I"m downloading ROM Toolbox Lite now, and will have a look at that.

As for the email background, it seems there is no way to change it from a dark background to something a little brighter. My question, if I flash a new ROM or Kernal, or whatever it is.. will there be options to customize the email display settings in the stock email app?

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Look up qbking77 on YouTube he has videos on just about everything for this phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781