Am I on the latest version?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I want to know if I am on the latest build for ICS.

I've attached a screenshot which lists all the details.

View attachment 33273

I read in the main thread that Sprint is possibly rolling out an minor update to the ICS upgrade.

I am rooted and have CWM installed, so I'm not sure if I will receive the notification for this update. And its said Sprint this time is rolling it out in very small batches.

So if its true, then I doubt they made this update available as a manual download yet?

And I noticed one thing very strange in the version numbers that I see on my device.

Its saying F18 on one line. Isn't that old? Or am I getting confused with the version numbers on my Asus TF300T tablet?

Thank you!

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You have the lastest software version on your phone, which is indeed FF18. As such, you will not receive an update notification, unless another update is pushed out (a build version newer than FF18).

If another update is pushed out and some point, it would fail if you tried to install it. This is because you have a custom kernel and the EL29 modem on your phone. You would need to flash the stock kernel and the FF18 modem in order to successfully install a future OTA.

Reactions: deviantspy

uhupong

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Its this latest stock?

42577cd1-d90c-c3bd.jpg

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So all this talk of Sprint pushing out a minor tweak to those that never did the upgrade is false at this point?

Rob

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So all this talk of Sprint pushing out a minor tweak to those that never did the upgrade is false at this point?

Rob

No, it's true. It's just the same version, and the only change found was a Swype fix in the updater-script. That's it. Also, as JayWillz stated, you would fail any OTA due to you having a EL29 modem on FF18 and the custom kernel. Not that I expect anymore OTAs but still, I've heard Official Jellybean is on the way. My only thing to say is flash to a newer modem, personally I'm using FG31, but it's a personal choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza