did cm9 get abandoned?

Wiskid

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
There's an active cm9 thread on xda forums.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1563658

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Androidntral Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's okay to reference threads on XDA, especially when the content is posted there and not here. Also, CM9 is not AOKP. Yes AOKP is based off CM9, but they're not the same. They are two different ROMs, that have different appeals.

Regarding AC and XDA getting along ... well, I'd say it's important to make it clear that you're referring to forum users, and not the sites themselves. Most people (like me) are members of both forums, and I get along with myself just fine! :)

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It's okay to reference threads on XDA, especially when the content is posted there and not here. Also, CM9 is not AOKP. Yes AOKP is based off CM9, but they're not the same. They are two different ROMs, that have different appeals.

Regarding AC and XDA getting along ... well, I'd say it's important to make it clear that you're referring to forum users, and not the sites themselves. Most people (like me) are members of both forums, and I get along with myself just fine! :)

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I mean it because last time I posted a link over there pointing to AC, I got bashed by some immature users over there. I didn't want the same thing to happen to that guy. :-\

Also, as soon as DK started working on Jellybean over here, which is probably further along in development than on XDA, they started talking junk because it is a port! Really? But I won't say no more derogatory comments towards XDA no more because you're a cool person.

Reactions: Downtown Taco

Wiskid

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I mean it because last time I posted a link over there pointing to AC, I got bashed by some immature users over there. I didn't want the same thing to happen to that guy. :-\

Also, as soon as DK started working on Jellybean over here, which is probably further along in development than on XDA, they started talking junk because it is a port! Really? But I won't say no more derogatory comments towards XDA no more because you're a cool person.

I appreciate your looking out for me, lol. I'm one of those guys that came from xda because of dk's excellent development... But I'm much more impressed with the community over here. I, in no way, am one of the immature idiots you are referring to.
I posted the link because it is good info that will help out the op. I'd like someone to have the courtesy to do the same for me, in the event that I have a similar question. It's not about one Site being better, it's about helping people. :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: thenameisnigel

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate your looking out for me, lol. I'm one of those guys that came from xda because of dk's excellent development... But I'm much more impressed with the community over here. I, in no way, am one of the immature idiots you are referring to.
I posted the link because it is good info that will help out the op. I'd like someone to have the courtesy to do the same for me, in the event that I have a similar question. It's not about one Site being better, it's about helping people. :D

+1 ! I agree completely.

I like helping people, especially with Android.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's probably worth mentioning that in general Android Central's forum member base is composed of people who are average users looking for support, and not the type that likes to root, flash and tweak their device. Some devices have a strong development following on these forums, but until DK2 came along, our phone was not one of them. Interest in the AC rooting and flashing forums is usually driven by a developer (erp sorry DK2 ... CONTRIBUTOR :) ) who posts their work here. Especially cutting edge work like a new Android OS version. I think the page count of his JB ROM thread is a testament to that.

So in general you get a friendlier and more helpful atmosphere on these forums than you do on forums that are more development focused, mainly because the user demographic tends to be different. You get great people everywhere, and you get jerks everywhere, but I'm referring to the law of averages here.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's probably worth mentioning that in general Android Central's forum member base is composed of people who are average users looking for support, and not the type that likes to root, flash and tweak their device. Some devices have a strong development following on these forums, but until DK2 came along, our phone was not one of them. Interest in the AC rooting and flashing forums is usually driven by a developer (erp sorry DK2 ... CONTRIBUTOR :) ) who posts their work here. Especially cutting edge work like a new Android OS version. I think the page count of his JB ROM thread is a testament to that.

So in general you get a friendlier and more helpful atmosphere on these forums than you do on forums that are more development focused, mainly because the user demographic tends to be different. You get great people everywhere, and you get jerks everywhere, but I'm referring to the law of averages here.

Ya I agree. You slipped with that developer comment mr. jaywill. Dont let it happen again. :p

83,000 views in 9 days is insane
2,000 posts in 9 days
Over 21,000 Downloads

The demand for Jellybean is crazy insane.

Wiskid

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Ya I agree. You slipped with that developer comment mr. jaywill. Dont let it happen again. :p

83,000 views in 9 days is insane
2,000 posts in 9 days
Over 21,000 Downloads

The demand for Jellybean is crazy insane.

Glad you stopped by this thread. Thanks for looking into building a jb rom. It was absolutely amazing, I can't wait for the final product. It was soo much better than cm9.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Its far from abandoned. chris41g has been working on getting our device officially merged into CM which means a stable CM9 ROM and eventually CM10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's the latest version labeled as "Alpha", but chris41g has been compiling nightly builds for almost a month now. He's been working hard on trying to get the CM9 build for our phone merged into the Cyanogenmod mainstream and get it officially supported.

You can get his latest builds here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing CM

CM9 is done now. They released stable builds for there officially supported devices. They have moved on to CM10 :)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
CM9 is done now. They released stable builds for there officially supported devices. They have moved on to CM10 :)

Yes but they are still merging in stragglers. They just won't be doing anymore major development on the ROM outside of bug fixes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2