did cm9 get abandoned?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not to say there is anything wrong with CM9, its just Cyanogen Mod team has put their efforts into making it the best and most stable daily driver they can make it with their well known common tweaks and mods. Now they are complete and are refocusing their efforts on CM10.

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It's the latest version labeled as "Alpha", but chris41g has been compiling nightly builds for almost a month now. He's been working hard on trying to get the CM9 build for our phone merged into the Cyanogenmod mainstream and get it officially supported.

You can get his latest builds here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing CM

Can you describe his naming scheme

I'm a little miffed whether "backthatassup" is the newest ROM or what I should be downloading?!?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah he's been using some weird naming conventions the past several days for some reason. Usually he doesn't name them at all. Anyhoo, just go by the date and time stamps for the files to determine the most recent build.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah he's been using some weird naming conventions the past several days for some reason. Usually he doesn't name them at all. Anyhoo, just go by the date and time stamps for the files to determine the most recent build.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I believe he does it so people know its from him. Another dev has been using his work and calling it his own. From what I gathered in the cm9 thread.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you describe his naming scheme

I'm a little miffed whether "backthatassup" is the newest ROM or what I should be downloading?!?
He called it that because he had just fixed the recovery bug where it would reboot mid backup or restore. Hence, the name fits lol. They all have a meaning behind them, usually based on the bug/feature he's focused on at the time of the build.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz