Ok... so I had an issue the other night while flashing some stuff to my SGS2. So I flashed the red pill kernel and after that it was a nightmare. I couldn't even flash my nandroid while in recovery because while in recovery mode it said that it could not read or mount the SD card. So I couldn't get to my recovery file to save my phone. Luckily I figured I would redo the root steps which resulted in me being able to flash my recovery and get my phone back to root on the stock ROM. Anyway... the issue I'm having now is whenever I go to wipe the Dalvik cache it says "E: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]"... Also, when I connect my phone to my PC it will no longer recognize my SD card. When I connect the phone, it shows up under the computer, but when I click on the phone from the computer and the window pulls up, nothing is displayed on the internal SD card or the external SD card. So this means I can not send files to the SD card Root file I have set up to flash from. I'm totally stumped. My Evo 4G was way easier to work with but this SGS2 is a nightmare. Please help me out. All I want to do is flash a new modem and kernel so I can get my phone running smooth and deal with this ICS OTC crap that recently happened. Anything... anyone?

Thanks a lot everyone.
    08-06-2012 10:24 PM
    The red pill kernel is for the International GSII. What phone do you have and on what carrier?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-2012 10:35 PM
    First off what's red pill kernel? Which exact phone do you have? Model number?

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    08-06-2012 10:36 PM
    Sprint SGS2 model number SPH-D710
    Red Pill is a kernel on XDA for the ICS build.
    08-06-2012 10:58 PM
    I must be lost man. I could swear I know every from kernel mod and anything in between for this epic phone that's been posted to xda. I have looked and came up short. I believe you are having problems because you flash either the kernel or whole from or whatever you did from the wrong phone. The only red pill I have found is for the international version. Maybe you can post the link so I can better understand?

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    08-06-2012 11:42 PM
    Sprint SGS2 model number SPH-D710
    Red Pill is a kernel on XDA for the ICS build.
    Wow dude. Where do I even start. Red Pill Kernel DO NOT EXIST for the Sprint Version SGS2. That would be for the Int`l Version ONLY. Lmao.
    patrao_n likes this.
    08-07-2012 06:55 AM
    It's probably obvious now, but you flashed a kernel meant for another phone. Anytime you see "Samsung Galaxy SII" listed somewhere, it's usually referring to the International model (the GT-i9100) not the Sprint variant (SPH-D710).

I would suggest doing a full System Restore to ICS base version FF18 using the Odin One-Click and start over from there.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/epi...-firmware.html
    08-07-2012 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD