Lost and Confused

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my phone following Qbking77's videos. I installed AOKP milestone 6 with CW and have FF18.I put my CPU at 1,000 max and min at 200 and I've ran the governor on all options. The only thing I have not changed is Voltage Control. With that being said I'm trying to help my battery life at least last me through out the day. Is there any advice someone could give me to possibly help me there? I'm really new to this so I'm not sure about using different modems or kernels; don't know if I should be using a different ROM perhaps...I'm just really confused with what I should be doing now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey brother. Go here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1781939

and download the RC12 with cwm kernel via the link in the thread. Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik, the dalvik cache is in the advanced menu. Install the kernel you downloaded. Reboot phone.

Download the free no frills CPU app from the play store. Open it and switch to the smartassv2 governor and change I/O scheduler to SIO. Select "apply settings at boot." Keep your clock speed at stock values. Enjoy your badarse battery life.

Make sure you fully discharge your battery until the phone dies and then plug it in and leave it on the charger for a good 6 hours before unplugging it and booting it up.

Good luck.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi

Reactions: papo020

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
One more thing. For me in aokp the notification light gives me battery drain so I turned it off. You might give that a try. The kernel I recommended might take care of that though. I'm just so used to not having a notification light I haven't turned it back on yet.

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey brother. Go here

[Kernel][AOSP] Safe CWM6/TWRP - xda-developers

and download the RC12 with cwm kernel via the link in the thread. Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik, the dalvik cache is in the advanced menu. Install the kernel you downloaded. Reboot phone.

Download the free no frills CPU app from the play store. Open it and switch to the smartassv2 governor and change I/O scheduler to SIO. Select "apply settings at boot." Keep your clock speed at stock values. Enjoy your badarse battery life.

Make sure you fully discharge your battery until the phone dies and then plug it in and leave it on the charger for a good 6 hours before unplugging it and booting it up.

Good luck.

Great thanks a lot! I'll give it a look when i get home tonight. Appreciate it a lot!

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok im having a slow day so i figure i can do it now. Question, when i rooted my phone and installed clockwork (agat recovery) all went well. But when i did power button and volume up it opened up team win recovery instead of agat....not sure what happened but am i still safe to do this?

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully you're on and can respond pretty quick. I'm about to install and it has boxes for me to check or leave blanks...."zip file signature verification?" and "force MD5 check on all zips?" what do I do to those? Check them or leave them blank? Other than that it just says Swipe to confirm flash. Thanks again for the help!

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Just swipe to confirm. By checking check md5 it will fail as there isn't an md5 file for it to find. Leave both unchecked

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Zip file signature would make it look for a signed zip. I am pretty sure it isn't. So that would make it fail as well. I have never checked either of those boxes

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
No problem man. Also a cool thing with twrp is zip stacking. You can flash multiple zips in one shot by pushing the button add more zips. For rams like aokp I would first use calkulins format all. Then stack a rom and gapps after that then swipe to flash.

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
No problem man. Also a cool thing with twrp is zip stacking. You can flash multiple zips in one shot by pushing the button add more zips. For rams like aokp I would first use calkulins format all. Then stack a rom and gapps after that then swipe to flash.

I sort of understand what you're saying there and sort of don't lol. I'm a big time noob and it took huge balls for me to finally decide to do this. I had already rooted to aokp milestone 6. So the roms is already loaded. Sorry like I said....noob. lol

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I sort of understand what you're saying there and sort of don't lol. I'm a big time noob and it took huge balls for me to finally decide to do this. I had already rooted to aokp milestone 6. So the roms is already loaded. Sorry like I said....noob. lol

We were all "noobs" once. You're doing it right though. You learn by reading, asking questions, and with practice and experience. The practice and experience portion can be the scariest part, but it gets better each time you flash something.

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
We were all "noobs" once. You're doing it right though. You learn by reading, asking questions, and with practice and experience. The practice and experience portion can be the scariest part, but it gets better each time you flash something.

Thanks. I'm trying to do it right without annoying too many people in the process. lol Practice and experience were definitely scary today. But after having this rom on my phone for a week now I don't see myself ever going back to a stock phone.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Btw. Its never annoying to me if you hav some questions. I will help to the best of my ability. I havent really been doing this too long either. But I have definitely learned slot thanks to help from some people.

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Btw. Its never annoying to me if you hav some questions. I will help to the best of my ability. I havent really been doing this too long either. But I have definitely learned slot thanks to help from some people.

Appreciate it.

Now next question. I've done all that was recommended. Battery died a little before 6 and I've been charging since (so roughly 3 hours). I've been charging it with the phone off but I've checked on it twice and each time I check on it the phone has turned itself on by itself. Is there a setting hidden somewhere that's making it turn back on? The phone hasn't even charged up to 100% yet....

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Is it turning on when picking it up or is it already on? It might be the rom was a bad download how did you download? 3g wifi or computer? Also did you download from stock browser if by phone? When I download from phone I use only wifi and use opera mobile browser. I have not had a bad download ever using that way of downloading.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
That is super weird. I've been running this rom for a while and haven't had anything like that before. Maybe just try a good old fashioned battery pull?

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Is it turning on when picking it up or is it already on? It might be the rom was a bad download how did you download? 3g wifi or computer? Also did you download from stock browser if by phone? When I download from phone I use only wifi and use opera mobile browser. I have not had a bad download ever using that way of downloading.

When I picked it up it was already on. I would just press the power for a split second and the screen would turn on already loaded up...and I downloaded from my laptop through with fi.

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
That is super weird. I've been running this rom for a while and haven't had anything like that before. Maybe just try a good old fashioned battery pull?

I tried that too and it did nothing. As a matter of fact I knew the screen was on because when its off the little led light doesn't turn on and when I'd look at it it would be on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie