Lost and Confused

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Ohhh I almost forgot....

So I charged it last night (just kept shutting off the phone). Went to bed a little after midnight. Phone said it was charged all the way but when I powered it on it was only at 98%. I left it like that anyway since it showed full charge. I got up at 8:30 and it had already drained to about 74% and as I use it now its down to 66%. If I look at battery use it shows the system as the main use and it has been awake for almost an hour and 1/2....lost now...really lost...

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Redownload over wifi with opera mobile. Then wipe using calkulins format all.zip then reflash rom. Probably a bad download. Sorry man.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm able to get 18 hours with 4 hours of screen time on this rom. There is definitely something weird going on with your device.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Redownload over wifi with opera mobile. Then wipe using calkulins format all.zip then reflash rom. Probably a bad download. Sorry man.

Enter noob...lol what exactly do u mean by using calkulins format? Lol is that just the files or is it a specific method? Lol sorry told u I was a major noob.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset? And you wiped all your data when you flashed the rom? I just had a lightbulb go off about your phone turning on by itself. It has actually happened to me before. This phone is really sensitive to certain wires and chargers. Whenever I try to charge my phone on my blackberry cable or on certain car chargers it turns on by itself. Are you charging using the samsung charger and cable?

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset? And you wiped all your data when you flashed the rom? I just had a lightbulb go off about your phone turning on by itself. It has actually happened to me before. This phone is really sensitive to certain wires and chargers. Whenever I try to charge my phone on my blackberry cable or on certain car chargers it turns on by itself. Are you charging using the samsung charger and cable?

I wiped out everything when I was about to flash. As for the cable its the original cable which is actually the only one my phone likes. And I always leave it on the night stand untouched.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm fresh out of ideas. As for the phone turning itself back on my guess is you have a bad charging port. The battery... I don't know. Did you try turning off led notifications? Download CPU spy and see if you get any deep sleep. Did you change your governor to smartassv2 with SIO scheduler?

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm fresh out of ideas. As for the phone turning itself back on my guess is you have a bad charging port. The battery... I don't know. Did you try turning off led notifications? Download CPU spy and see if you get any deep sleep. Did you change your governor to smartassv2 with SIO scheduler?

I doubt it's the port since this is the first time that it has ever happened. Before I rooted I never had that issue. Led notifications are off, I'll have to download CPU spy, and yes governor is changed with SIO scheduler. I appreciate your help and ideas though! :cool:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You could go into developer options and select "don't keep activities" and then limit background processes to one. That might relieve some of your operating system drain.

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
You could go into developer options and select "don't keep activities" and then limit background processes to one. That might relieve some of your operating system drain.

Ok I just checked the "don't keep activites" we'll see how that goes. Background processes I just changed to one as I had it at four. Thanks again.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Enter noob...lol what exactly do u mean by using calkulins format? Lol is that just the files or is it a specific method? Lol sorry told u I was a major noob.

If you go to xda there is a wild format all by the name of calkformatall.zip I am pretty sure that's the name. If you look for a rom made by the dev calkulin he has it in the op

atticuspoint6

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever get that solved? My phone is doing the same thing. It will not stay off. I only wanted to charge a new battery so no big deal, but I'm about use ff18 oc to see if its happening on stock. Its just annoying.

Btw what kernel are you guys running?

Last edited:

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever get that solved? My phone is doing the same thing. It will not stay off. I only wanted to charge a new battery so no big deal, but I'm about use ff18 oc to see if its happening on stock. Its just annoying.

No i didn't. Im going to run the phone for a full 2-3 days and see if it improves. I'll let u know either tomorrow or Saturday how its doing.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

Rc12 forgot to tell u the kernel

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums