08-24-2012 02:36 PM
29 12
tools
    You make it sound like you need a $2.500+ dollar computer just to build from source...

I've built CM9 from chris41g's source tree on my Dell Optiplex 760 with only a 3.16Ghz dual core and 8GB of RAM Windows 7 Ultimate running a virtual machine that was only utilizing 4GB of that RAM.
    no you don't. I build just fine on a Core2Quad OC'd to 3GHz and 4GB ram.
    08-24-2012 12:12 PM
    Gave up , his tree did absolutely nothing for me. I'm starting from the drawing board.
    Seriously?
    You need the kernel source to be in kernel/samsung/smdk4210

You need to be using CM's build system, android_build

You need to either be using PhatomPhreak's or sbrissen's jellybean device trees.

and I gave you the exact command earlier to get just the kernel to build.
    thenameisnigel likes this.
    08-24-2012 12:14 PM
    Seriously?
    You need the kernel source to be in kernel/samsung/smdk4210

You need to be using CM's build system, android_build

You need to either be using PhatomPhreak's or sbrissen's jellybean device trees.

and I gave you the exact command earlier to get just the kernel to build.
    I got it working with you're instructions , but not on my computer. I don't know why , but my computer doesn't build. I'm using a VM in Windows Azure , 8 Core , 14GB RAM. It's pretty smooth to be a Linux VM running inside a Windows Server VM.
    08-24-2012 01:53 PM
    I got it working with you're instructions , but not on my computer. I don't know why , but my computer doesn't build. I'm using a VM in Windows Azure , 8 Core , 14GB RAM. It's pretty smooth to be a Linux VM running inside a Windows Server VM.
    Nice!

Yeah. It's pretty easy once everything is setup properly.
    08-24-2012 02:36 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD