08-22-2012 04:50 PM
90 1234
tools
    I've never done it b4 but I will try. . . type " logcat > /sdcard/logfile.txt " in terminal right? then post the log file?
    If you're nearby a computer and have adb installed, then methods are

Code:
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt     use for logging kernel issues such as LOS

adb shell logcat -d > logcat.txt     random app FC's, sluggish behavior, etc

adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt     use if you encounter a random reboot
    If you dont have adb installed, just open the terminal emulator app in app drawer " // " = press enter

Code:
    su // dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

su // logcat -d > /sdcard/logcat.txt

su // cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
    Copy the text onto Pastebin.com and post link here. This will be a bit tricky if only using your phone.
    08-21-2012 01:37 AM
    Just curious if anyone else has had issues with the phone not waking up when it's sleeping? I've noticed that if I let the phone sleep (disable led notifications and unplug from charger), it won't wake up. I usually have to press and hold the power button to do a forced reboot on it.

Devs: Is there anything I can do help you with the diagnoses?
    08-21-2012 06:37 AM
    Just curious if anyone else has had issues with the phone not waking up when it's sleeping? I've noticed that if I let the phone sleep (disable led notifications and unplug from charger), it won't wake up. I usually have to press and hold the power button to do a forced reboot on it.

Devs: Is there anything I can do help you with the diagnoses?
    that's called the sleep of death (SoD)
    it was a known bug.
    I never experience it.
    are you on latest build?
    are you under clocking?
    maybe applied some scripts?
    if you wanna help grab some log cats. I believe details are posted directly above your post.
    08-21-2012 09:11 AM
    Well...just suffered the airplane issue...only got 1 log b4 my phone started blowin up. I believe I'm on the latest release.

http://db.tt/Yt75djF0
    Sent from the dark side of Uranus
    08-21-2012 10:53 AM
    Fixed my gmail by uninstall-reinstall

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-21-2012 11:00 AM
    Hey milenko, can you put some donation links in the op please.hope I didn't overlook em. I still love you

Sent from the dark side of Uranus
    08-21-2012 11:08 AM
    Are you sure? Its really fun :P
    Send me the edits you make and I'll take a look.
    08-21-2012 11:59 AM
    Not a prob. Will do
    PhantomPhreak53 likes this.
    08-21-2012 12:07 PM
    If you're nearby a computer and have adb installed, then methods are

Code:
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt     use for logging kernel issues such as LOS

adb shell logcat -d > logcat.txt     random app FC's, sluggish behavior, etc

adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt     use if you encounter a random reboot
    If you dont have adb installed, just open the terminal emulator app in app drawer " // " = press enter

Code:
    su // dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

su // logcat -d > /sdcard/logcat.txt

su // cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
    Copy the text onto Pastebin.com and post link here. This will be a bit tricky if only using your phone.
    can i run the logcat after a but? or do i need to run it during my bugs? i'm getting airplane mode while i'm driving. . . so do i start the logcat b4 i get into my car?

also i got a SOD once today
    08-21-2012 04:15 PM
    Check your pm phantom. Sent you the requested items
    08-21-2012 04:37 PM
    Phantomphreak53 CM10alpha4 - Pastebin.com

i don't know what i'm doing. . . :-D
    krazy_smokealot likes this.
    08-21-2012 04:46 PM
    can i run the logcat after a but? or do i need to run it during my bugs? i'm getting airplane mode while i'm driving. . . so do i start the logcat b4 i get into my car?

also i got a SOD once today
    If you know how to recreate the issue, you can start a logcat and then force the issue. If you dont know how just run the logcat but just let us know what issue it is so he knows what to look for. If you're getting airplane mode, run the dmesg log.

Phantomphreak53 CM10alpha4 - Pastebin.com

i don't know what i'm doing. . . :-D
    We all start somewhere right? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-21-2012 04:59 PM
    Soooo, I have experienced my phone going into airplane mode 6 times today. It never lost service, just my phone going into airplane mode by itself.
    08-21-2012 05:53 PM
    Soooo, I have experienced my phone going into airplane mode 6 times today. It never lost service, just my phone going into airplane mode by itself.
    Try and get a dmesg log when that happens if you can. I wrote how to do so maybe a couple posts back in this thread.

08-21-2012 06:20 PM
    The airplane mode bug is so much better than Los at least. Your battery doesn't get murdered. Actually, that's a bug that might enhance battery life even

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - Cobalt theme
    08-21-2012 07:39 PM
    The airplane mode bug is so much better than Los at least. Your battery doesn't get murdered. Actually, that's a bug that might enhance battery life even

Exactly. Very true.
    08-21-2012 07:40 PM
    that's called the sleep of death (SoD)
    it was a known bug.
    I never experience it.
    are you on latest build?
    are you under clocking?
    maybe applied some scripts?
    if you wanna help grab some log cats. I believe details are posted directly above your post.
    I'm running alpha 4 just now with no scripts or underclocking.
    08-21-2012 08:17 PM

Yea better than LOS but still a bug to iron out nonetheless.

I'm running alpha 4 just now with no scripts or underclocking.
    Then its just the ROM probably. One of those bugs still being worked on.

08-21-2012 08:28 PM
    Then its just the ROM probably. One of those bugs still being worked on.
    That's what I figured as well. Considering this is an Alpha build and that's the only issue I'm having, I'm quite pleased with this ROM!
    Corrupt_Data likes this.
    08-22-2012 09:14 AM
    First Post, so please pardon the silly Question. is GPS working? I'm not sure whether its the location where I tried getting a fix or the rom.
    08-22-2012 09:17 AM
    Yes it works. If you can't get a lock you need to flash back to a TW rom, get a GPS lock, boot into recovery while GPS is locked, restore nandroid or reflash JB. Then your GPS will work.

Corrupt_Data and Heten like this.
    08-22-2012 09:33 AM
    I get an error when trying to install:
    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-710" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-D-710" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "epic4gtouch" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "epic4gtouch"
    E:Error in /sdcard/jellybean/cm-10-20120820-UNOFFICIAL-epic4gtouch.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted

I have a Sprint Galaxy S2 (model SPH-710).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated
    08-22-2012 12:59 PM
    I get an error when trying to install:
    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-710" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-D-710" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "epic4gtouch" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "epic4gtouch"
    E:Error in /sdcard/jellybean/cm-10-20120820-UNOFFICIAL-epic4gtouch.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted

I have a Sprint Galaxy S2 (model SPH-710).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated
    What was your install procedure?

08-22-2012 01:02 PM
    I found these instructions at http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/97056?tstart=0:
    The only difference I have is that I am using the Rogue ET Recovery tool and the Dalvik cash wipe is not under advanced.

Copy the CM10 ROM and the GApps package to the internal SD card of your phone.
    Switch your phone off and boot into Rogue ET Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until recovery boots.
    Make a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM in case of problems with this ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
    Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
    Select Wipe cache partition. Confirm the action on the next screen.
    Select Wipe Dalvik cache. Confirm the action on the next screen.
    Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and navigate to the ROM ZIP file and select it. Confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM to your phone.
    Once installation of the ROM is completed, install the GApps package in the same manner as in step 7.
    After installation is done, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed CM10 ROM.
    08-22-2012 01:07 PM
    Instead, try flashing from el26 cwm recovery.

08-22-2012 01:19 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD