01-19-2013 09:13 AM
362 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    anyone have a rotation fix?
    Odin ff18, turn auto rotation, flash cm10.
    09-07-2012 06:55 PM
    has anyone attempted to get swype for this rom?
    when it try to set it up it just says the settings stopped working
    09-07-2012 08:48 PM
    anyone have a rotation fix?
    Personally I had that problem when I was using a new sbrissen kernal, I ended up going back to a later version and that fixed the rotation issue. I would try the most recent, if you're on the most recent, flash an older version(get from his Goo account, sorry can't post link) with Mobile Odin or PC Odin. Hope that helps...
    09-07-2012 09:42 PM
    That's what happened when I tried to set up SwiftKey 3. Language and input settings fc'ed. I manually went into settings. I'm about to try out the latest Swype beta. I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    09-07-2012 09:42 PM
    Anyone else having the symlink errors?.. I still can't get a successful flash :/ btw I'm on stock/rooted el26 and the latest safe recovery
    09-07-2012 09:56 PM
    I downloaded swype beta from 4 share and works fine

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums
    09-07-2012 10:27 PM
    1. Thank you so much Phantom for bringing JB to our fones
    2. I did look (maybe not hard enough but i tried nonetheless), when I use either Skype of Google+ for video chatting it wud force close n not work properly.
    2A. Is there a possible fix or workaround for that issue because I would like to use rom as my DD
    09-08-2012 01:06 AM
    Personally I had that problem when I was using a new sbrissen kernal, I ended up going back to a later version and that fixed the rotation issue. I would try the most recent, if you're on the most recent, flash an older version(get from his Goo account, sorry can't post link) with Mobile Odin or PC Odin. Hope that helps...
    hmmm, not to good at figuring out the goo site. can't really find the older kernels there.

as for the ff18 method. seems like a pain in the ***.
    09-08-2012 11:45 AM
    So I went back and restored all the way to EL29 total reset to factory, still no go for me on rotation. frustrating.

the camera recognizes rotation but gallery browser etc. no rotation.
    09-08-2012 03:36 PM
    I noticed the camera effects dont let the camera record anything on build 5.3 and my music files are repeated in apollo music player
    09-09-2012 05:10 AM
    I've done a pretty cohesive search about this in this thread and many others so I feel like I've come to a point where I can post something about this issue.

My battery drain is pretty bad but my battery charge is very fast. I feel like my battery stats are messed up but I've tried methods such as the Battery Calibration app. Doesn't really help at all. I mean, once my charge gets to 99%, it takes a while to get to 100% but once I start discharging, it drops to 99% or 96% almost immediately and then I drain in relatively 4 hours.

Think it's battery stats? Think it's wake locks? Any help?
    Everyone experiences this. We are working on it.
    Arkimedes likes this.
    09-09-2012 10:46 PM
    This is why I love android so much. Finally flashed this and loving it. Thanks so much guys!
    09-10-2012 10:36 AM
    So I went back and restored all the way to EL29 total reset to factory, still no go for me on rotation. frustrating.

the camera recognizes rotation but gallery browser etc. no rotation.
    You might want to stick to ics then. The sgs2 is slated to get jb at some point in time. Probably next year.

09-10-2012 03:24 PM
    Hey guys!

How can I get the normal cm animation when you close the screen. It looks like an old tv is being turned off. Is it even possible to get this?
    09-10-2012 05:07 PM
    Random but funny.

How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
    None. Its a hardware problem.

gershee likes this.
    09-10-2012 07:56 PM
    I noticed the camera effects dont let the camera record anything on build 5.3 and my music files are repeated in apollo music player
    I can confirm that. Its been a huge overlooked issue. And there is a real problem with the music. Its not only on Apollo that the files are repeated, it happens on most music players you diasporas from the play store..and the ones that aren't repeated, wont be recognized by the system at all as they used to be. And on top of that, there is a volume cap when music is played in any application.. So there is a serious problem with recognizing and playing music in the new jb music libs. Music is what i mainly use my phone for because i listen to music all day and i don't have an iPod so i can't use this as a daily driver as i would like to..and this was never fixed from the beginning

But that's my only gripe. Fantastic job on the development. I'm not trying to complain like a on here, i just needed to bring it to your attention. Keep up the great work
    09-11-2012 10:45 AM
    I noticed today.. there are a few apps that say " device not compatible" like words with friends among others.. is it because of the device name in the build.prop?

09-11-2012 03:55 PM
    I can confirm that. Its been a huge overlooked issue. And there is a real problem with the music. Its not only on Apollo that the files are repeated, it happens on most music players you diasporas from the play store..and the ones that aren't repeated, wont be recognized by the system at all as they used to be. And on top of that, there is a volume cap when music is played in any application.. So there is a serious problem with recognizing and playing music in the new jb music libs. Music is what i mainly use my phone for because i listen to music all day and i don't have an iPod so i can't use this as a daily driver as i would like to..and this was never fixed from the beginning

But that's my only gripe. Fantastic job on the development. I'm not trying to complain like a on here, i just needed to bring it to your attention. Keep up the great work
    Should add my SD card's file are all this way. pictures, movies, etc.
    09-11-2012 10:36 PM

At least im not crazy lol. Glad im not alone on this adventure! Good luck!
    09-12-2012 01:10 AM

I had to wipe both memory cards to fix the duplicate issue. I believe the duplicates happened from the mount points being changed. I didn't have that problem before JB. I just backed up the stuff I wanted to keep and wiped the rest (do at your own risk). After I did that it also calmed the media server down from 50%+ down to 4% as high as 20%. It has to be the way the file systems are mounted different from ICS and back.
    09-12-2012 08:22 AM
    No complaints or demands here, i'm well aware this an Alpha

Have noticed...

-The battery drain/super speedy recharge
    -Quiet apps
    -MMS issues, at least when recieving
    -some occasional random reboots

and sometimes Google Now will crash if I make it think to hard :P
    This build is still awesome! Thanks for all the hard work, and if I can help in any way let me know
    09-12-2012 09:01 AM
    I've been running this rom since early alpha. All was well until I flashed nightly version 20120911 and now I can't install any of my swype keyboards. I keep getting "settings has stopped working". Went back to last known working version which was Alpha 5.3. Still getting same error. Help please
    09-12-2012 06:52 PM
    No complaints or demands here, i'm well aware this an Alpha

Have noticed...

-The battery drain/super speedy recharge
    -Quiet apps
    -MMS issues, at least when recieving
    -some occasional random reboots

and sometimes Google Now will crash if I make it think to hard :P
    This build is still awesome! Thanks for all the hard work, and if I can help in any way let me know
    MMS shouldn't be an issue. Delete the telephony.db and reboot.
    blitzen89 likes this.
    09-12-2012 07:24 PM
    I've been running this rom since early alpha. All was well until I flashed nightly version 20120911 and now I can't install any of my swype keyboards. I keep getting "settings has stopped working". Went back to last known working version which was Alpha 5.3. Still getting same error. Help please
    I had that with SwiftKey 3 on 5.3, and I just went into settings>language and keyboard and checked it from there.

autopaintman likes this.
    09-12-2012 09:15 PM
    I had that with SwiftKey 3 on 5.3, and I just went into settings>language and keyboard and checked it from there.

Thanks, that did it. Something so simple that I was pulling my hair out.
    09-13-2012 09:35 AM
362 ... 89101112 ...