CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5.1: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

tried redownloading today and same thing happens

What issue are you having? It looks like you are having issues flashing? Follow the guide in the OP

If you are not sure what that means or you don't know if you are on a safe kernel/recovery, check out this thread. You can flash the linked kernel/recovery over the top of any rom on any version of Android. If you are flashing a kernel/recovery via recovery, after you have flashed the kernel and prior to reboot, go to Advanced > Reboot Recovery. If you are using odin to flash the kernel/recovery, as soon as odin reboots your phone, hold volume up and the power button to boot directly in to recovery. After you are booted in to the new recovery, you can flash this rom using the above install instructions.

gromgrom

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5.2: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

just installed it. Hit the "unable to install from sd" issue. Just had to re-Odin my EL-26 kernel. Works like a charm and is super sleek. No issues yet! Thanks bunches OP!

rdavis429

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5.2: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

I am loving your rom good sir!! Been on it since Friday, starting with 5.2 and I love it! Keep up the great work and keep'em coming. I had an issue with gps, but I flashed back to GB EL29 and got a lock, then reflashed cm10 5.2 and it works just fine. Once again, thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited:

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

New build up. Minor adjustments. You might want to do a full wipe on this build because of the mounts smylinks changing.

Download:
CM10 Alpha 5.3 ( Mirror )
- Improved GPS - thanks chris41g
- Reverted mount back to /sdcard and /extSdcard to follow other sgs2 variants.
- CM Upstream

jayteck91

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
What issue are you having? It looks like you are having issues flashing? Follow the guide in the OP
im having an issue where it says symlinks.arent.being made and afterwards it causes the phone to bootloop . ive.downloaded a safe recovery.from.off the op and have followed the directions but i still get the error. ive flashed el26, rouge , one of the safe recoveries and tried.flashing the older.build (4.3) and using its.recovery but still the same thing

jayteck91

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
i have so far ive tried the safe recovery method.in the.op, ive.tried to use the recovery in an older build (4.3) , ive tried to.odin back.to.el26 and use cwm for that one and ive tried.rouge all give the same symlink error then.boot loop no matter what

gromgrom

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Did 5.2 last night. Occasionally rebooted in apps, hasnt happened in a while.

Also, when I was low on battery, <15%, I had LOS until I recharged it past that point. Will post logcats if it persists.

Also will try 5.3 :)

robekyle

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Idk if this thank you is premature but thank you for this ROM!!! I was having this annoying voicemail glitch where there was a constant notification of a new voicemail in my status bar on the cm10 2.3 build this is much better hasnt came up yet. Does anyone knnow if the volume can now be used to full capacity with headphones plugged in? I know that was a bug on the build I was using prior. So far so good cant believe how fast this thing is Its stupid dumb quick ;-)

rdavis429

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
New build up. Minor adjustments. You might want to do a full wipe on this build because of the mounts smylinks changing.

Download:
CM10 Alpha 5.3 ( Mirror )
- Improved GPS - thanks chris41g
- Reverted mount back to /sdcard and /extSdcard to follow other sgs2 variants.
- CM Upstream
It's not to messy flashing over 5.2,but I think I will do a full wipe when I return home to be on the safe side. Once again, thanks for all your hard work.

EggotheKilljoy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

So would you all say that 5.3 is daily driver worthy? I'm looking for something to replace my current rom.

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So would you all say that 5.3 is daily driver worthy? I'm looking for something to replace my current rom.

It is definitely stable. Pretty much everything works perfectly. Battery life is decent, but not insanely long. It is frequently updated as well. I have had pretty much no problems.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: EggotheKilljoy

rdavis429

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Awesome, I'm gonna give it a try and I'll let ya know how it turns out for me!:D

Bigt2003

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
First day after a flash is always hard. Hopefully this gets better after a few cycles.
y7atuzaq.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs