01-19-2013 09:13 AM
362 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Installed the new nightly, wiped cache and reboot my phone to find all my photos gone.

Not a huge deal because I back all my photos up to dropbox.

Just letting you know.

EDIT: Apparently it just took a while to locate that I had photos on there. But now there are two "Camera" albums in my gallery, one with all my pics and the other with the 3 tester photos I took during the time that no photos showed up.
    09-19-2012 11:23 AM
    Installed the new nightly, wiped cache and reboot my phone to find all my photos gone.

Not a huge deal because I back all my photos up to dropbox.

Just letting you know.
    That's never happened to me. They shouldn't be erased. I keep all my photos on my sd card anyway

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    09-19-2012 03:26 PM
    I have been using this as a daily driver and it just keeps getting better!

Any chance of getting encryption enabled to make it work with enterprise exchange servers that require that functionality?
    09-20-2012 11:31 AM
    Just got my nexus 7 yesterday, and have to say this runs comparably to the vanilla JB on there (though mannnn that nexus7 has some sick battery life )
    09-21-2012 09:38 AM
    Are any of you having issues with 4G WiMax? It appears my speed is capped when using this - or CM9.

I reflashed to GB EL29 and everything went back to normal with the 4G. Same thing with the new FI03 ICS leak. However, whenever I put CM10 on, it reverts back to the speed capping at about .7mbs when usually its above 3mbs. Would appreciate any advice with this as I am still new to this.

I heard chris41g might be working on something similar to FI03 for CM10? Is that true? A kernal or some sort to fix this 4G issue.
    09-22-2012 02:03 AM
    I'm having issues with vibration for text messages. It's very choppy and sometimes it barely works at all. Are there any solutions to this problem -- or am I all alone with this issue?
    09-23-2012 02:59 AM
    I'm having issues with vibration for text messages. It's very choppy and sometimes it barely works at all. Are there any solutions to this problem -- or am I all alone with this issue?
    +1 sometimes vibration works sometimes I cant feel or hear it.
    09-23-2012 06:30 AM
    Are you running the latest nightly? I am not, however I think I remember seeing something in the build props or cm upstream pertaining to increasing vibration early last week.... could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.
    09-23-2012 02:59 PM
    Nope, using the 5.3 release. Not really one to flash nightlies.

BSL4 likes this.
    09-23-2012 03:51 PM
    I'm on nightly 19 since it came out had 3 random reboots and 2 battery pulls due to freeze and one random airplane mode( hasn't happened since[3days ago]) other than that everything seemz to be working smoothly.. but I'm having a hard time keeping up with the change logs I don't wanna update again unless u guys really change something major.. is there a due date on a 5.4? Or maybe a beta? Or even just let us know when its worth reflashing again.. because this topic seems to be dead on responses... PHANTOM WHERE U AT?

09-24-2012 05:31 PM
    I'm on nightly 19 since it came out had 3 random reboots and 2 battery pulls due to freeze and one random airplane mode( hasn't happened since[3days ago]) other than that everything seemz to be working smoothly.. but I'm having a hard time keeping up with the change logs I don't wanna update again unless u guys really change something major.. is there a due date on a 5.4? Or maybe a beta? Or even just let us know when its worth reflashing again.. because this topic seems to be dead on responses... PHANTOM WHERE U AT?

The nightlies don't have significant changes, mainly just upstream changes from CM and the EpicCM team, most of which you probably won't notice. Phantom has stated that these changes haven't warranted a new alpha build. He also added that he has been busy. My personal recommendation is, if you are on something stable and aren't tweaking to flash something new, just stay with what is working for you.
    09-24-2012 08:53 PM
    if you are on something stable and aren't tweaking to flash something new, just stay with what is working for you.
    And there is the problem..... Nightly from sep 14 is running great but I NEED TO FLASH SOMETHING.......
    I will usually check the Device Change Log and Kernel change log to see if there is anything significant.
    One thing I have noticed is battery life seems to slowly decline over time (after flash I'll make ~16 hours, 1 week down the road It will drop to 10ish hours). When I clean install and flash it works great again. Still better than what I was getting on stock (not sure I can remember that far back but interesting none the less.

Thank you for all your work Phantom!
    09-25-2012 11:45 AM
    On nightly 9-25 and my ringtones still show up repeated in my sound settings
    09-26-2012 03:11 AM
    On nightly 9-25 and my ringtones still show up repeated in my sound settings
    Dismount and remount your sdcard. That works for me.
    09-26-2012 06:43 AM
    Thanks sir! and also if I want to see the changelog to nightlies where would I be going?
    09-28-2012 03:09 PM
    Thanks sir! and also if I want to see the changelog to nightlies where would I be going?
    The github links are in the OP. If you look at those you can see what has changed.
    09-28-2012 10:53 PM
    I hear there are lots of milestones that must be met to be rolled into an official CM release. I'm wondering if Phantom is working down that path?

No complaints on anything just curios. I've been using this Rom for nearly 2 months and it is working great.

thank you for all your work PhantomPhreak53!
    10-02-2012 02:38 PM
    In the OP you have a link to CM upstream, how far behind on these updates are your nightlies generally? I ask because I am on the 10-02 nightly and do not see the lock screen rotation option that was merged on 9-30 according to the link in the OP.
    10-02-2012 06:34 PM
    I hear there are lots of milestones that must be met to be rolled into an official CM release. I'm wondering if Phantom is working down that path?

No complaints on anything just curios. I've been using this Rom for nearly 2 months and it is working great.

thank you for all your work PhantomPhreak53!
    Yes that is what we are trying to achieve. We found a few issues with our phone that varies from the other SGS2 variants that have delayed us a little. I have been super busy at work and haven't been able to work on Android while I am at work (like normal).

- - - Updated - - -

In the OP you have a link to CM upstream, how far behind on these updates are your nightlies generally? I ask because I am on the 10-02 nightly and do not see the lock screen rotation option that was merged on 9-30 according to the link in the OP.
    The build script syncs CM, EpicAOSP and EpicCM before every build. If it is merged by 12pm PST, it will be in that nightly.
    maconu likes this.
    10-03-2012 09:23 PM
    The build script syncs CM, EpicAOSP and EpicCM before every build. If it is merged by 12pm PST, it will be in that nightly.
    If that is the case why was the lock-screen rotation option not in the 10-02 build? I don't particularly care about lock-screen rotation, I'm just trying to confirm that the syncing is actually working...
    10-03-2012 10:32 PM
    Hows the next alpha build comming along boss? :P
    10-05-2012 05:26 PM
    Is 4g WiFi tether working on this ROM... thanks for your response
    10-05-2012 07:15 PM

Best place to find him is XDA. I believe he came to Android Central as a favor to share this rom

10-05-2012 11:42 PM
    Can you post a logcat so phantomphreak can look at it? Its in his op. I have the same requirement for my rom. No logcat=I didnt happen
    Okay so now the notification ringtone is working, but the LED is still not working.
    im having the same problem, but this is my 1st night on this rom. ill continue to check things out and figure out how to get a logcat and post it for this issue but so far so good nice rom!
    10-06-2012 10:37 PM
    The nightlies are temporarily suspended due to the camera/gallery force closing. We are still working on a fix. Once it is fixed, you will also get a CMUpdater that works with our rom.
    10-09-2012 09:32 PM
362 ... 1011121314 ...