CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

derpotron9001

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

I'm having issues with vibration for text messages. It's very choppy and sometimes it barely works at all. Are there any solutions to this problem -- or am I all alone with this issue?

X-dude

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm having issues with vibration for text messages. It's very choppy and sometimes it barely works at all. Are there any solutions to this problem -- or am I all alone with this issue?

+1 sometimes vibration works sometimes I cant feel or hear it.

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Are you running the latest nightly? I am not, however I think I remember seeing something in the build props or cm upstream pertaining to increasing vibration early last week.... could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

derpotron9001

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Nope, using the 5.3 release. Not really one to flash nightlies.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Sychotik

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm on nightly 19 since it came out had 3 random reboots and 2 battery pulls due to freeze and one random airplane mode( hasn't happened since[3days ago]) other than that everything seemz to be working smoothly.. but I'm having a hard time keeping up with the change logs I don't wanna update again unless u guys really change something major.. is there a due date on a 5.4? Or maybe a beta? Or even just let us know when its worth reflashing again.. because this topic seems to be dead on responses... PHANTOM WHERE U AT?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm on nightly 19 since it came out had 3 random reboots and 2 battery pulls due to freeze and one random airplane mode( hasn't happened since[3days ago]) other than that everything seemz to be working smoothly.. but I'm having a hard time keeping up with the change logs I don't wanna update again unless u guys really change something major.. is there a due date on a 5.4? Or maybe a beta? Or even just let us know when its worth reflashing again.. because this topic seems to be dead on responses... PHANTOM WHERE U AT?

The nightlies don't have significant changes, mainly just upstream changes from CM and the EpicCM team, most of which you probably won't notice. Phantom has stated that these changes haven't warranted a new alpha build. He also added that he has been busy. My personal recommendation is, if you are on something stable and aren't tweaking to flash something new, just stay with what is working for you.

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

if you are on something stable and aren't tweaking to flash something new, just stay with what is working for you.

And there is the problem..... Nightly from sep 14 is running great but I NEED TO FLASH SOMETHING.......
I will usually check the Device Change Log and Kernel change log to see if there is anything significant.
One thing I have noticed is battery life seems to slowly decline over time (after flash I'll make ~16 hours, 1 week down the road It will drop to 10ish hours). When I clean install and flash it works great again. Still better than what I was getting on stock (not sure I can remember that far back :) but interesting none the less.

Thank you for all your work Phantom!

X-dude

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

On nightly 9-25 and my ringtones still show up repeated in my sound settings

X-dude

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks sir! and also if I want to see the changelog to nightlies where would I be going?

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I hear there are lots of milestones that must be met to be rolled into an official CM release. I'm wondering if Phantom is working down that path?

No complaints on anything just curios. I've been using this Rom for nearly 2 months and it is working great.

thank you for all your work PhantomPhreak53!

tbomb989

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

In the OP you have a link to CM upstream, how far behind on these updates are your nightlies generally? I ask because I am on the 10-02 nightly and do not see the lock screen rotation option that was merged on 9-30 according to the link in the OP.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I hear there are lots of milestones that must be met to be rolled into an official CM release. I'm wondering if Phantom is working down that path?

No complaints on anything just curios. I've been using this Rom for nearly 2 months and it is working great.

thank you for all your work PhantomPhreak53!

Yes that is what we are trying to achieve. We found a few issues with our phone that varies from the other SGS2 variants that have delayed us a little. I have been super busy at work and haven't been able to work on Android while I am at work (like normal).

- - - Updated - - -

In the OP you have a link to CM upstream, how far behind on these updates are your nightlies generally? I ask because I am on the 10-02 nightly and do not see the lock screen rotation option that was merged on 9-30 according to the link in the OP.

The build script syncs CM, EpicAOSP and EpicCM before every build. If it is merged by 12pm PST, it will be in that nightly.

tbomb989

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

The build script syncs CM, EpicAOSP and EpicCM before every build. If it is merged by 12pm PST, it will be in that nightly.
If that is the case why was the lock-screen rotation option not in the 10-02 build? I don't particularly care about lock-screen rotation, I'm just trying to confirm that the syncing is actually working...

autopaintman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Best place to find him is XDA. I believe he came to Android Central as a favor to share this rom

twotones41

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Can you post a logcat so phantomphreak can look at it? Its in his op. I have the same requirement for my rom. No logcat=I didnt happen ;)

Okay so now the notification ringtone is working, but the LED is still not working.
im having the same problem, but this is my 1st night on this rom. ill continue to check things out and figure out how to get a logcat and post it for this issue but so far so good nice rom!

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

The nightlies are temporarily suspended due to the camera/gallery force closing. We are still working on a fix. Once it is fixed, you will also get a CMUpdater that works with our rom.