CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

New build up. UberPinguin figured if you compile the AOSP hardware_ril in place of CM, it fixed the Airplane Mode bug and LOS. This is just a temporary fix. UberPinguin is looking going to submit code to CM to get us back in to CM hardware_ril but this fix has been working and no known side effects yet. Please let me know if you experience any issues. I also updated the mount symlinks to be backwards compatible. May reverse depending on CM standards.

Downloads:
CM10 Alpha 5 ( Mirror )
- Temporary fix for Airplane Mode Bug/LOS - thanks UberPinguin
- Moved mount symlinks. Internal = /emmc and External = /sdcard
- CM Upstream

autopaintman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm on 4.4 and each time I upgrade to a new build, I do a full wipe. Is this necessary? Or can I just upgrade to alpha 5 over the 4.3?

wsoxrock

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I noticed airplane or LOS happened after I used 4g. Didn't have issue until I turned on 4g. Ever since I have airplane issue. I hardly ever use 4g. This was on v4. Will install 5 and test out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Just want to add Phantom your a genius. so is everyone who helped you. Thanks guys.
-note today on build 4 my clock disappeared in my notification bar. i was able to get it back after changing system, statusbar, am/pm to full, then back to default and it came back.
and by the way. i didnt have to change any apn settings the cm teams original file worked fine.

Bigt2003

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Alpha 5 is working great for me right now. No LOS yet, BT streaming works, and it reboots without updating all my apps.
GPS is sluggish, it takes about 2 minutes to get a fix, and the media scanner keeps my CPU pinned at 1200 until I force close it. But it's definitely a daily driver.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

New on build 5, when I hang up a phone call the home/menu/back/search buttons stop working. A quick lock and unlock fixes it. Anyone else having this issue?

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site

New on build 5, when I hang up a phone call the home/menu/back/search buttons stop working. A quick lock and unlock fixes it. Anyone else having this issue?

that's a weird one .. I have been able to make calls with no problems .. also in Phantoms other thread no one has mentioned it yet. Did you do a clean install of ROM and linked Gapps? maybe try reinstalling?

jayteck91

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok been having this.problem since alpha 4.3, i.cant seem to get any of the builds after that to install i.keep getting a error saying some symlinks were.not made ive tried going back to GB and using the el26, twr, cwm 5, rouge and regular recoveries and still the same problem I honestly dont know what else to try any.help would be appreciated thanks.

jayteck91

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Getting a symlink error "some symlinks werent made "when trying to.install any build past 4.3 and after it just sends.the phone into.boot.loop when trying to flash anything else
Edit: im on stock GB el26 cwm (tried rouge but.it fails automatically)

blackstar1914

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Getting a symlink error "some symlinks werent made "when trying to.install any build past 4.3 and after it just sends.the phone into.boot.loop when trying to flash anything else
Edit: im on stock GB el26 cwm (tried rouge but.it fails automatically)

make sure you install ithe correct kernel in the op. it fails for me flashing from el 26 too

burkett1974

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

Hi All,

New to this phone and just installed this ROM. Absolutely love it... and am enjoying the Google Now features. One question though.. there is no default Sprint Voice Mail App so my voice mails keep going to sms from 9016. I found the latest SVV apk and installed it. I get the voice mails just fine in the app, but I still get the 9016 texts. Is there anyway to stop the texts from 9016?

Sorry if that has been asked before, but I didn't see it in the previous posts.

blackstar1914

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

thanks for.the tip but i tried the kernel in the op(latest 8/21 and an older one) still the symlinks.fail so I odined backed to el26 for now.

try this it may work for you

1. try the el29 restore method (just google it)
2. then odin flash the el26 kernel
3.go to the el26 recovery locate the 41g wtf kernel and flash it.
4 then try flash the alpha 5 along with gapps.

its a long process but full proof process for me. let me know if it works pm me if you have any more questions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234