CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at the logcat and I noticed that the dalvikvm is constantly freeing space. Its GC_EXPLICIT usually.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
that's a weird one .. I have been able to make calls with no problems .. also in Phantoms other thread no one has mentioned it yet. Did you do a clean install of ROM and linked Gapps? maybe try reinstalling?

I can make and receive calls fine. Just the home button bug after hanging up a call. And no, I just flashed the rom over the previous release. It's not bad enough for me to wipe and install. Don't want to spend all that time reinstalling my apps :)

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I can make and receive calls fine. Just the home button bug after hanging up a call. And no, I just flashed the rom over the previous release. It's not bad enough for me to wipe and install. Don't want to spend all that time reinstalling my apps :)

You may have other bugs poping up if you don't get it soon

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Yep i can understand not wanting to reinstall all the time .. but it is needed sometimes, and without a clean install you really can't pin point it as the ROM as the source of issues

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5.1: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

New build up. Please treat it as an initial release. With the merging of the galaxys2-common prop and vendor files some bugs are unknown. Overall the testers said it was the same as Alpha 5 (That's a good thing). Some people say the sound is a little better but I can't verify that. Please let me know if the same issues exist as before or if any new bugs are present.

Downloads:
CM 10 Alpha 5.1 ( Mirror )
- Merged vendor and prop files with galaxys2-common (Will help with merge) - thanks sbrissen
- Increased vibrate strength - thanks chris41g
- Fixed reboot during nandroid backup (had to remove interactive governor) - thanks sbrissen
- Fixed adb shell in recovery - thanks sbrissen
- CM Upstream

jayteck91

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
try this it may work for you

1. try the el29 restore method (just google it)
2. then odin flash the el26 kernel
3.go to the el26 recovery locate the 41g wtf kernel and flash it.
4 then try flash the alpha 5 along with gapps.

its a long process but full proof process for me. let me know if it works pm me if you have any more questions
thats the exact process ive been using lol least ik now I wasnt on the wrong restore

scomoney

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I installed 5.1 last night and it seems to be running great so far.
I did notice that when I installed 5.0 for the first time (full wipe) that the camera worked but only has limited options. For instance the camera only supports 3MP instead of 8 and does not support changing the storage location. Anyone else seeing this problem?

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I did notice that when I installed 5.0 for the first time (full wipe) that the camera worked but only has limited options. For instance the camera only supports 3MP instead of 8 and does not support changing the storage location. Anyone else seeing this problem?

8mp for me. And camera stores to sd only

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Did you install a gapps other than the one linked in the OP. Low Riders I think it was breaks the camera options

scomoney

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Did you install a gapps other than the one linked in the OP. Low Riders I think it was breaks the camera options

I did , thanks for the help. I'll wipe and try again.

[UPDATE] Wiping and installing the recommended gapps works great.. thanks again

Last edited:

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me

I've just installed 5.1 after doing a clear data-cache-dalvik, and it's working great, but I'm having trouble with root.

For some reason, when I start up Titanium Backup, I'm not prompted to allow root access.
When I open up SuperSU, it prompts me to update binaries, but then says that installation has failed, and won't let any apps have root access.

I've tried to clear SuperSU's data to try again, but it still says installation failed when I try to update the binaries.

Any ideas as to what I should do?

Edit: I got it working.
I'm using lowrider's gapps, and I think that on my previous flash, it didn't flash the gapps properly. My biggest clue should have been when it rebooted by itself while flashing gapps.
So, I reflashed 5.1 and lowrider's gapps (after only wiping cache and dalvik cache), and it did flash completely. Now SuperSU's working, and I'm getting root.
Hope that helps anyone else with the same problem

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatTechHead

anmghstnet

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

Installed 5.1 a couple of hours ago, no LOS at all! Seems stable!

Keep up the good work everyone! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2